NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Hey Yog, well I must say, Jamie sounds like a delight! I’ll defo look out for him and give hugs to pass on to you!! The blue sequins bomber jacket will help me find him. I will hopefully be wearing my fab ‘new for this year’ festival hat and multi coloured sequins bomber jacket so we can shine together, the blazing sunshine we are going to have will dazzle all haha. Shall I use your real life name as I’m guessing he doesn’t know your Efests name? Yeah your two friends that are festival virgins are very lucky. It sounds like a great fest with a lovely vibe! 

He is, and so are the others. Then again, when you think about it, so will (almost) everybody be. You've got an appointment with Fab Time City in that festival, I reckon. It'll have to go on the list for next year, I'm thinking. I will do my duty and pray to the Weather Gods that they will be kind to you all. My word, but if it is sunny, you and Jamie will be able to dance in the light of a strobe, and perform open heart surgery some where else on the dance floor, at the same time! 

You can indeed use my real name, although he does know that I spend (too much) time on here. The others don't know though, although many of my friends do know, so it's no great shakes letting the cat out of the bag. There are two people who are dear in my life, who might well be reading this, as they are both members. (Hello F & H).  Only one of them, to my knowledge, has ever posted on here. I would love to be corrected though, if that's not the case. 

I sincerely do hope that you hook up with Jamie, and some of the crew. They are fine people. Wow, it would be sequintastic!

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

11153A00-80F2-4208-81F4-A61B4F0A4CFC.png

It is only fitting that crazyfool1 beat me to it in up voting this photo. What a Pearly King & Queen on acidtastic hat you are sporting. Where in the name of the Little Baby Jesus did you get a hold of that? I have a friend who is mesmerized by sparkly things. If you've ever seen the people in the film The Time Machine heading stupefied in to the mountain (or whatever it was) to their certain deaths, then you'll know how sparkly things get a hold of this friend of mine. 

Anyway, must dash as we have a visitor, and I've been 'told'. That's all I need to say.

Evening all, @Sawdusty Surfer, sorry to hear about your leg, that is a humdinger of some metalwork.

Today is the 2 year anniversary of Campervan resales in 2016. It's random, but that's the first date I ever noted for future T day preparations. I have no festivals planned this year, time has run away and we've other things to do, but some gigs and pub crawls will have to suffice instead!

27 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

He is, and so are the others. Then again, when you think about it, so will (almost) everybody be. You've got an appointment with Fab Time City in that festival, I reckon. It'll have to go on the list for next year, I'm thinking. I will do my duty and pray to the Weather Gods that they will be kind to you all. My word, but if it is sunny, you and Jamie will be able to dance in the light of a strobe, and perform open heart surgery some where else on the dance floor, at the same time! 

You can indeed use my real name, although he does know that I spend (too much) time on here. The others don't know though, although many of my friends do know, so it's no great shakes letting the cat out of the bag. There are two people who are dear in my life, who might well be reading this, as they are both members. (Hello F & H).  Only one of them, to my knowledge, has ever posted on here. I would love to be corrected though, if that's not the case. 

I sincerely do hope that you hook up with Jamie, and some of the crew. They are fine people. Wow, it would be sequintastic!

I am so looking forward to finding Jamie and co now!! If they’re anything like you I know I will love them all. I feel like Jamie is my new best friend hahaha!! The hat was made by a Glasto gal on the book of face. She is very artsy and offered to make it for me. I shared on a lot of festival pages and she was contacted by Ibiza fashion week!! She is making lots of hats for them so is now pretty famous and I couldn’t afford her again lol! I’m really impressed with it. She made them for my festival friends too, all totally different. Enjoy spending time with your guests Yog and have a great night 

25 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I am so looking forward to finding Jamie and co now!! If they’re anything like you I know I will love them all. I feel like Jamie is my new best friend hahaha!! The hat was made by a Glasto gal on the book of face. She is very artsy and offered to make it for me. I shared on a lot of festival pages and she was contacted by Ibiza fashion week!! She is making lots of hats for them so is now pretty famous and I couldn’t afford her again lol! I’m really impressed with it. She made them for my festival friends too, all totally different. Enjoy spending time with your guests Yog and have a great night 

Hello Curlygirl,

The guest is a lovely young man who we met when we ran the shop over a year ago. He came in to the shop and asked how much an expensive coat was, and it was £150. My wife then asked him what he did for a living, what he earned etc, and realized that he wasn't earning a great deal, so then she said it was £70 to him, and he bought it. He has turned out to be a fine bloke, and I have a lot of time for him. He also turned out to be friends of friends etc. Anyway, to cut a long story short, he can, for me, my wife, and my mates, get e's like they were in the 90's - or at least how we perceived them to be!  Result!

Wow, you should go in to fashion promotion. I was wondering, did the lady ever thank you for your support? 

My heads melting now, so I'll finish the post there, before I lose it (the post) completely. I did that today on a personal email to Glasto-worker. Lost the whole fucking lot in one fell swoop! Ho hum.

I know that you Lovely people love your festivals so I was hoping that you might help my son out just a little... O and the chap talking is my son.. Handsome young man isn't he.. Just like his dad lol 

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/one-last-bus-trip-on-the-bus-festival#/

If you can it would be much appreciated. 

Peace and tea old sons. G

PS 

Neil if this not OK just take down.. But I hope it's cool. G

Edited by guypjfreak

On 5/2/2018 at 4:46 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

There's nothing quite like taking a few days out, and going to a festival. They really do offer a refuge (albeit temporary) from the insanity of everyday life.

This. So true. That feeling when you walk through the gate. Oh boy I love it. Then you pitch your tent. Have a beer. Meet the neighbours. Get stuff to together and wander onto side. Then, the first dabble! Oh yes! 

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2018 at 10:31 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow, you should go in to fashion promotion. I was wondering, did the lady ever thank you for your support? 

She did Yog. She is lovely! The Ibiza fashion week is next week so she’s understandably nervous. 

11 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Twatted. In bed. Trying not to set fire to myself with my spliff. Love you all! Xxx

I hope that your head isn't hurting too much today lucy. I woke up in a shocking state this morning. I normally only drink G&T's nowadays, but yesterday had all sorts of drinks. It's been a bit of a heavy weekend. It started with seeing an ABBA tribute band on Friday night, and partying in to the wee hors of Saturday morning. I woke up on the bedroom floor, as one of my mates was in bed with my wife. Now, I know that sounds dodgy, but it wasn't. He was fully clothed and completely unconscious. In fact, he was supposed to be staying in a hotel that he had booked for the night, but got so drunk he was incapable of walking the 5 minute walk from here to the hotel. I went and got his stuff from the hotel on Saturday morning. He and another friend decided to stay the Saturday night too. This meant that the drinking started as soon as we got up on Saturday morning. The friend I mention above got so drunk that he got hallway up the stairs to go to the loo, and actually got stuck on the stairs. He tried to climb backwards down the stairs, but knew that he didn't have the stability. I saw his plight and went over to him and had to half carry him back down the stairs. 

Well, that gives you a little flavour of the excesses this end. And guess what - it hasn't stopped yet. Tomorrow may be 'interesting'.

22 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Now that sounds like a good night @Yoghurt on a Stick! Which ABBA tribute band did you see? Björn again are playing at Splendour festival. I’m very much looking forward to it. 

Hello Curlygirl,

The band are called Strictly ABBA. They are playing here (Bridgnorth) again in November, so I'll be going to that too. It now looks like seeing Bjorn Again is off the cards for December, so it'll be good to have a back up to look forward to. 

I don't know anything about Splendour, and can't currently recall having heard of it before. Being in a crowd watching Bjorn Again will be a great experience though, I'm sure. 

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I hope that your head isn't hurting too much today lucy. I woke up in a shocking state this morning. I normally only drink G&T's nowadays, but yesterday had all sorts of drinks. It's been a bit of a heavy weekend. It started with seeing an ABBA tribute band on Friday night, and partying in to the wee hors of Saturday morning. I woke up on the bedroom floor, as one of my mates was in bed with my wife. Now, I know that sounds dodgy, but it wasn't. He was fully clothed and completely unconscious. In fact, he was supposed to be staying in a hotel that he had booked for the night, but got so drunk he was incapable of walking the 5 minute walk from here to the hotel. I went and got his stuff from the hotel on Saturday morning. He and another friend decided to stay the Saturday night too. This meant that the drinking started as soon as we got up on Saturday morning. The friend I mention above got so drunk that he got hallway up the stairs to go to the loo, and actually got stuck on the stairs. He tried to climb backwards down the stairs, but knew that he didn't have the stability. I saw his plight and went over to him and had to half carry him back down the stairs. 

Well, that gives you a little flavour of the excesses this end. And guess what - it hasn't stopped yet. Tomorrow may be 'interesting'.

I did have a bit of a headache when I woke up, although given that I didn't go to sleep til about 7.30am and woke up at 10, I didn't feel too bad! I was just considering a smoke when I remembered I had to feed my friends cat, so had breakfast instead. Very sensible! I've been on the gin since I got back though, and have been listening to lots of 80's glam rock and other songs from my yoof, it got a bit emotional at times, but was very good fun. 

I completely understand your friend stair predicament. Stairs can be very tricky at times, and I'm sure they change size just as you think you're getting the hang of them. I'm very glad I live in a ground floor flat, it does make being twatted far less hazardous! 

46 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I did have a bit of a headache when I woke up, although given that I didn't go to sleep til about 7.30am and woke up at 10, I didn't feel too bad! I was just considering a smoke when I remembered I had to feed my friends cat, so had breakfast instead. Very sensible! I've been on the gin since I got back though, and have been listening to lots of 80's glam rock and other songs from my yoof, it got a bit emotional at times, but was very good fun. 

I completely understand your friend stair predicament. Stairs can be very tricky at times, and I'm sure they change size just as you think you're getting the hang of them. I'm very glad I live in a ground floor flat, it does make being twatted far less hazardous! 

Hello lucy,

Yes, listening to songs from your past can give you a ride on an emotional roller coaster - and one in which you are not always in control of. 

I'm normally OK with stairs. The friend I mention, isn't. I've just recalled one incident when I was talking to him at the top of the stairs in my last house, and he suddenly started to fall backwards. I grabbed him by the collar, and got him back in to an upright position. Had I not done so, he was going to observe all the known laws of physics, and plummet down the stairs backwards, with only his own head as the first piece of 'kit' he could use to stop the flow of events.

Being a bit nostalgic myself right now, musically wise. I've just finished playing Gary Numan's  'Are Friends Electric' single.   :)

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello lucy,

Yes, listening to songs from your past can give you a ride on an emotional roller coaster - and one in which you are not always in control of. 

I'm normally OK with stairs. The friend I mention, isn't. I've just recalled one incident when I was talking to him at the top of the stairs in my last house, and he suddenly started to fall backwards. I grabbed him by the collar, and got him back in to an upright position. Had I not done so, he was going to observe all the known laws of physics, and plummet down the stairs backwards, with only his own head as the first piece of 'kit' he could use to stop the flow of events.

Being a bit nostalgic myself right now, musically wise. I've just finished playing Gary Numan's  'Are Friends Electric' single.   :)

Hello! 

Music is brilliant, isn't it? It's such a big part of life :) 

Well done on the collar grab! That was fortunate! 

Have fun with your nostalgia trip, I think it's almost bedtime for me, after I've finished my gin. Have a lovely evening everyone xxx

Had a lot to catch up on... I've not had the time to contribute on here recently as life has been busy. 

It was my eldests birthday party today (the grand age of 3) so it's been a little manic. I had to take part in an amateur version of Strictly Come Dancing last week and hadn't practiced... so the performance was somewhat interesting!! 

I hope you're all well (hope you recover soon @Sawdusty Surfer), take care!

12 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Had a lot to catch up on... I've not had the time to contribute on here recently as life has been busy. 

It was my eldests birthday party today (the grand age of 3) so it's been a little manic. I had to take part in an amateur version of Strictly Come Dancing last week and hadn't practiced... so the performance was somewhat interesting!! 

I hope you're all well (hope you recover soon @Sawdusty Surfer), take care!

Hello vintage,

That Strictly Come Dancing episode would indeed have been an interesting watch. There is only one thing that niggles me about me and my wife's wedding day, and that was that, on reflection, I think we should have rehearsed our first dance, which was a waltz. It didn't help that when the waltz came on, it wasn't the version that we were used to listening to. I don't suppose it really mattered because I didn't really have a clue what I was doing in any case. I guess it was suitable in that it represented a certain element of shambolic behaviour that has remained in our lives ever since.

looks like a few of us had a heavy weekend :) im fully recovered now and in full fancy dress designing mode .... unfortunately not outside in the sun as im garden less but its streaming in through the doors and definitely raises the happy levels ... ok so its my last fancy dress event at the supermarket where I work and the theme is red white blue for royal wedding ... not really much of a royal fan but as you probably know ... I do like the odd bit of dressing up .. please excuse the holes in the sock :) . anyway mums the word im designing the royal wedding dress ..so look out for something spectacular with lights :) 

0FDA6C28-FBDD-4008-BABD-FBEB09F37CA0.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2018 at 7:35 PM, mr gumby said:

The 2 I really don't want to miss are Fun Lovin' Criminals and Jimmy Cliff. There are a few others I'd like to see, but have seen before.

Im 6 foot 3, and I'll have an inflatable t-rex, so I'd be surprised if anyone struggles to spot me! :)

And normally clutching a bottle of mead :)