NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

On 5/2/2018 at 10:43 AM, Funkyfairy! said:

Curlygirl, you have the most amazing summer lined up, how exciting.

Which festivals are you doing and in which order ?

I only have Jersey weekender in September but just booked Latitude - like literally just booked and so v excited to try out something new :-)

You are so right Funkyfairy... I’m feeling very lucky! In order I have Bearded Theory, Let’s Rock North East, Splendour, Kendal Calling, Bestival, Hardwick Live and The Big Fake festival! A whole summer of music kicking off in only two weeks time and ending beginning of September. Then it’s T day!! The only one I’m slightly apprehensive about is Bestival. I had planned on spending time with NaughtyGeorgie but she’s disappeared from all things internet based sadly. Having never been before, and the forum not been very busy, I’m going in blind. I’m still jealous you’re going to Latitude... it’s a fab line up and sounds like a lovely little festival. I’m pleased you have it to look forward to x

6 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Yeah same feeling here, so booked Latitide last week, and I can safely say it feels better being able to look forward to a weekend , away from reality standing in a field listing to music

Just back today from a weekend in Scorland, what wonderful weather in scotland this weekend .... I presume we were super lucky with the scotish weather this weekend from what everyone was saying

It was a great weekend for weather! This is the time of year we tend to get our Summer, May/June time. We don’t gets loads of days like that but our weather isn’t quite as bad as it’s made out to be. 

16 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

You are so right Funkyfairy... I’m feeling very lucky! In order I have Bearded Theory, Let’s Rock North East, Splendour, Kendal Calling, Bestival, Hardwick Live and The Big Fake festival! A whole summer of music kicking off in only two weeks time and ending beginning of September. Then it’s T day!! The only one I’m slightly apprehensive about is Bestival. I had planned on spending time with NaughtyGeorgie but she’s disappeared from all things internet based sadly. Having never been before, and the forum not been very busy, I’m going in blind. I’m still jealous you’re going to Latitude... it’s a fab line up and sounds like a lovely little festival. I’m pleased you have it to look forward to x

Thats one amazing summer there CG x I shall be watching out for your festival reports and updates x

I now have another once night teeny tiny festival here on Bank holiday sunday in a surf club overlooking the beach - (called sunshine - a little music festival - Newton Faulkner playing and the Rews ... last year it was Reef and they literally went surfin, sat drinking beer on the beach and then played :-)

I'm sure Bestival will be good, and there seems to be plenty of people going solo so hopefully you can hook up - and I hope that NG is OK and here digital detox isn;t bad news :-(

12 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

It was a great weekend for weather! This is the time of year we tend to get our Summer, May/June time. We don’t gets loads of days like that but our weather isn’t quite as bad as it’s made out to be. 

It was bl00dy lovely weather..... and what a marvellous city - Glasgow is next on the exploration list

50 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Hope you all had fun weekend.. I took my old Beddie for a camping trip and got burnt.. 

Really fun weekend in Edinburgh, and now today its Liberation day here in Jersey so another Bank holiday and a marvellous day for a celebration (even though I'm working) ... camping trip sounds perfect, I so so want a campervan :-)

4 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Latest pic of my stupid leg. 

DSC_1026.jpg

Fucking hell! Fuck me, but that looks bad. I wish you a very speedy recovery. Not sure how you received such an injury as that which would need 'scaffold bars' . Are you able to work? And if so, is it as a real cyborg? Seriously though - hope that you get better sooner rather than later.All the best.

4 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Latest pic of my stupid leg. 

DSC_1026.jpg

Ah shit james that's not a good looking pic old son.... Have you had a date for that stuff to come off and physio to start... Sending loads of good vibes your way old son.. 

5 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Oh Dear Dusty. You do get yourself into some pickles! That looks nasty. How did you do it? 

Erm, ski jumping in Italy. Yes I know that I should know better by now...........

BTW, did you know that pain relief isn't a normally accepted thing in Italy? Yes, seriously.Taking a big stash of codeine with me next time :)

10 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Erm, ski jumping in Italy. Yes I know that I should know better by now...........

BTW, did you know that pain relief isn't a normally accepted thing in Italy? Yes, seriously.Taking a big stash of codeine with me next time :)

Make sure that you can do that old son I'm on certain drugs and the wife found out that it was illegal to take it with you... Obviously nothing like Egypt where that girl went to jail but might be a good idea to check.. 

Hope you have a fast recovery old son. G

13 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Was it an intentional jump? I can ski pretty good but jumps scare me! Obviously they will continue to scare me if that’s how it turns out!! And no I didn’t know that! How bizarre... maybe they just drink wine to numb the pain?

in other news, happy new tent day to me!! Finally took the plunge and drove to Decathalon in Sheffield to see how easy it is to erect and put down the fresh and black 2xl pop up. Done it 3 times in minutes so bought one. It’s fab. 2 weeks today til Bearded!! Yayyy 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

in other news, happy new tent day to me!! Finally took the plunge and drove to Decathalon in Sheffield to see how easy it is to erect and put down the fresh and black 2xl pop up. Done it 3 times in minutes so bought one. It’s fab. 2 weeks today til Bearded!! Yayyy 

What sort of time are you expecting to arrive, @Curlygirl? Looking forward to seeing you there! :)

I've got some friends who are going to Bearded Theory. You may even recognize one of them on your travels around the site. You will not recognize him visually as I'll not provide a photo. However, if you do come across someone shrieking in a high pitched camp as Christmas manner, while dressed in an array of sparkly outfits and false fur coats and jackets, then wander over and say hello. Oh, and he'll undoubtedly be wearing a bindi.

In other news, I've just come back from getting lost in the Shropshire countryside. I went to collect an item that I had bought off ebay, and got lost on the way there, and on the way back. Normally this infuriates me, but not today, because the weather's magic, and so was the countryside. And boy, you should see some of the very hidden away houses that I saw - how the other half live. There would appear to me to be more country homes and stately homes around here than anywhere I've ever been to before.

Anyway, I've got to do some gardening in my home now. I say gardening, but it's going to be a bit more heavy duty than weeding. I have to move a large mound of top soil from one part of the garden to another. In my day, this would have been a breeze. However, nowadays if I lift anything heavy my back screetches in pain. At least I think it's my back. it could be my kidneys of course.

Hope everyone's having a lovely day.

51 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

What sort of time are you expecting to arrive, @Curlygirl? Looking forward to seeing you there! :)

Aiming for gates opening at 1pm Gumballs! Would like to get there earlier but SallyJBooth has said they’ll turn anyone away that arrives earlier. I’m so bloody excited!!! I’ve got a feeling BT is my new fave festival (aside from the big G of course). Been reading reviews and interviews etc and it just sounds so lovely with really caring organisers. Looking forward to seeing you too my lovely! Will be strange without L and C tho. If you’re not on shift are you going to try and meet us in the campsite? Do we camp twat people have a plan on where to camp or is it just first there? 

21 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've got some friends who are going to Bearded Theory. You may even recognize one of them on your travels around the site. You will not recognize him visually as I'll not provide a photo. However, if you do come across someone shrieking in a high pitched camp as Christmas manner, while dressed in an array of sparkly outfits and false fur coats and jackets, then wander over and say hello. Oh, and he'll undoubtedly be wearing a bindi.

Oh I shall endeavour to find your friend Yog!! He sounds just brilliant! Does he have a name? Is it his first time too? 

I do hope your back holds out for you to finish moving mounds!! Enjoy the sunshine Yog!

31 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Aiming for gates opening at 1pm Gumballs! Would like to get there earlier but SallyJBooth has said they’ll turn anyone away that arrives earlier. I’m so bloody excited!!! I’ve got a feeling BT is my new fave festival (aside from the big G of course). Been reading reviews and interviews etc and it just sounds so lovely with really caring organisers. Looking forward to seeing you too my lovely! Will be strange without L and C tho. If you’re not on shift are you going to try and meet us in the campsite? Do we camp twat people have a plan on where to camp or is it just first there? 

I will do my best to be a recognisable meeting point, as long as I'm free. Unfortunately I don't find out my shifts until I arrive, but fingers crossed! I'm thinking it'll be worth waiting a wee bit until a few have got together, then find a spot and let everyone else know where. Even if I am on shift, I'll catch up with you and the rest of the camp later in the day :)

It does sound like a great fest, from what I've seen, too. I'm just hoping I'm free on Saturday, and Sunday evening, so I can see my 2 top acts. Missed one of my faves at Beautiful Days last year, which was a bit of a shame. 

Oh I shall endeavour to find your friend Yog!! He sounds just brilliant! Does he have a name? Is it his first time too? 

I do hope your back holds out for you to finish moving mounds!! Enjoy the sunshine Yog!

Hello Curlygirl,

His name is Jamie. He's in his late 50's, but keeps himself in shape, so looks good for his age. He has a bald head, and wears outrageous clothes (even for a featival). He will, undoubtedly, have a different bindi on each day on his forehead (where else!). I once bought him an expensive jacket from an on line stall in America. I bought it because I'd seen someone on this site with one in a photo, and just knew that I had to get one for someone as a present. It's a blue sequinned bomber type jacket. Now there's a lot of sequinned bomber type jackets out there, but if you see this one, you'll know it for sure. He will be wearing it one of the nights. He mostly keeps it for his Saturday night extravaganza!

I must say that I'm well jealous of all who are going to the festival. I had tickets one year but couldn't go. Jamie has been once before and really rates it. I think he did about 7 festivals last year, and has booked about 9 to go to this year! The man can party. He is also very friendly and charming.

There are a few others I know going too, but they aren't as loud and proud as Jamie, so you'd never spot them from a description alone. In fact, for two of the people going it will be their first ever proper music festival attendance. How lucky are they that they chose BT.

2 hours ago, mr gumby said:

I will do my best to be a recognisable meeting point, as long as I'm free. Unfortunately I don't find out my shifts until I arrive, but fingers crossed! I'm thinking it'll be worth waiting a wee bit until a few have got together, then find a spot and let everyone else know where. Even if I am on shift, I'll catch up with you and the rest of the camp later in the day :)

It does sound like a great fest, from what I've seen, too. I'm just hoping I'm free on Saturday, and Sunday evening, so I can see my 2 top acts. Missed one of my faves at Beautiful Days last year, which was a bit of a shame. 

Who are your two favourites them Mr G? As long as we all carry an inflatable we should be able to meet ok. I have a metre long inflatable stick with a pigs head on. I’m sure we will meet you before the arena opens up and I cannot wait!! 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Curlygirl,

His name is Jamie. He's in his late 50's, but keeps himself in shape, so looks good for his age. He has a bald head, and wears outrageous clothes (even for a featival). He will, undoubtedly, have a different bindi on each day on his forehead (where else!). I once bought him an expensive jacket from an on line stall in America. I bought it because I'd seen someone on this site with one in a photo, and just knew that I had to get one for someone as a present. It's a blue sequinned bomber type jacket. Now there's a lot of sequinned bomber type jackets out there, but if you see this one, you'll know it for sure. He will be wearing it one of the nights. He mostly keeps it for his Saturday night extravaganza!

I must say that I'm well jealous of all who are going to the festival. I had tickets one year but couldn't go. Jamie has been once before and really rates it. I think he did about 7 festivals last year, and has booked about 9 to go to this year! The man can party. He is also very friendly and charming.

There are a few others I know going too, but they aren't as loud and proud as Jamie, so you'd never spot them from a description alone. In fact, for two of the people going it will be their first ever proper music festival attendance. How lucky are they that they chose BT.

Hey Yog, well I must say, Jamie sounds like a delight! I’ll defo look out for him and give hugs to pass on to you!! The blue sequins bomber jacket will help me find him. I will hopefully be wearing my fab ‘new for this year’ festival hat and multi coloured sequins bomber jacket so we can shine together, the blazing sunshine we are going to have will dazzle all haha. Shall I use your real life name as I’m guessing he doesn’t know your Efests name? Yeah your two friends that are festival virgins are very lucky. It sounds like a great fest with a lovely vibe! 

Who are your two favourites them Mr G? As long as we all carry an inflatable we should be able to meet ok. I have a metre long inflatable stick with a pigs head on. I’m sure we will meet you before the arena opens up and I cannot wait!! 

The 2 I really don't want to miss are Fun Lovin' Criminals and Jimmy Cliff. There are a few others I'd like to see, but have seen before.

Im 6 foot 3, and I'll have an inflatable t-rex, so I'd be surprised if anyone struggles to spot me! :)

Edited by mr gumby

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

The 2 I really don't want to miss are Fun Lovin' Criminals and Jimmy Cliff. There are a few others I'd like to see, but have seen before.

Im 6 foot 3, and I'll have an inflatable t-rex, so I'd be surprised if anyone struggles to spot me! :)

I’m really looking forward to FLC! Seen a few vids of them rocking the field at Glasto in 2007! They make me smile the minute I hear them on my playlist! I’m not so bothered by Jimmy Cliff but reverend and the makers, Milburn and Will Varley are must sees for me. Just put my tent up again, because I can! Love it