NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

I'm starting to get the 'eye-rolling' looks from Mrs gumby, as I've brought my flask, water bottles and camping mug down from the loft to be washed, and there's still 3 weeks to go before Bearded. Is it wrong to be getting ready a bit? 

7 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I'm starting to get the 'eye-rolling' looks from Mrs gumby, as I've brought my flask, water bottles and camping mug down from the loft to be washed, and there's still 3 weeks to go before Bearded. Is it wrong to be getting ready a bit? 

I don't believe so - fail to prepare, prepare to fail, and all that. 

8 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

its fortunate I dont live with anyone in that respect ...I start  the fancy dress at least a year in advance and have piles at least two months out  

27 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

No no thats positively late to start preparing, go for it.....

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its fortunate I dont live with anyone in that respect ...I start  the fancy dress at least a year in advance and have piles at least two months out  

Surely some cream from the doctor would sort that out, if you've got 2 months? ;)

5 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Absolutely not!! I have all my stuff down from the loft and packed!! Have alcohol ready and clothes bought, just need to put it all in the bag!! I’m super excited for BT! Loving the line up and the people I’m about to meet and camp with! 23 days Mr G!! See you there with the massivest grin on my face!! I’m sort of pleased the big G isn’t on... or I wouldn’t have ventured out to all the others I’m doing. 

11 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Absolutely not!! I have all my stuff down from the loft and packed!! Have alcohol ready and clothes bought, just need to put it all in the bag!! I’m super excited for BT! Loving the line up and the people I’m about to meet and camp with! 23 days Mr G!! See you there with the massivest grin on my face!! I’m sort of pleased the big G isn’t on... or I wouldn’t have ventured out to all the others I’m doing. 

Curlygirl, you have the most amazing summer lined up, how exciting.

Which festivals are you doing and in which order ?

I only have Jersey weekender in September but just booked Latitude - like literally just booked and so v excited to try out something new :-)

On 3/17/2018 at 5:58 PM, oneeye said:

Check out BBC2 18:00 today, a look around worthy farm :) (eventually)

Thanks for this! Just watched it. Love the Hugh and love the farm!

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

There's nothing quite like taking a few days out, and going to a festival. They really do offer a refuge (albeit temporary) from the insanity of everyday life.

I feel like I could really do with getting away from everyday life right now.

31 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I feel like I could really do with getting away from everyday life right now.

Have a look at Bearded Theory. It's in a few weeks. Not sure if there are tickets left on their website, but plenty available for face value through the FB chat group. I'll be there, as will several other efesters. Should be a good boost after a long cold winter and 'spring'. :)

Hi all, 

I've tried to keep online but haven't had a chance to be as 'active' on here as usual. Life is busy! 

I hope you're all well. 

@Yoghurt on a Stick and @Tartan_Glasto, that's what festivals are all about for me - escapism - roll on Boomtown. 

I have Rhythm of the 90s on Saturday, hoping to recapture some of that Croissant Neuf magic from last summer! 

Stay safe!

16 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Have a look at Bearded Theory. It's in a few weeks. Not sure if there are tickets left on their website, but plenty available for face value through the FB chat group. I'll be there, as will several other efesters. Should be a good boost after a long cold winter and 'spring'. :)

Cheers bud! Just checked and that weekend I'm already away :( I was looking at 2000 Trees as the line-up looks similar to my kinda taste. Any have any thoughts on this? I've looked at the actual 2000 Trees thread but mostly people already excited to go. Looking to hear about potential downsides. I literally hadn't heard of it til recently!

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

I've got to the stage where I am seriously looking into another festival. I was convincing myself I was content with no Glastonbury this year and just doing a couple of dates at TRNSMT with various other gigs going on. 

I want the festival buzzzzzz!

Yeah same feeling here, so booked Latitide last week, and I can safely say it feels better being able to look forward to a weekend , away from reality standing in a field listing to music

Just back today from a weekend in Scorland, what wonderful weather in scotland this weekend .... I presume we were super lucky with the scotish weather this weekend from what everyone was saying

50 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Yeah same feeling here, so booked Latitide last week, and I can safely say it feels better being able to look forward to a weekend , away from reality standing in a field listing to music

Just back today from a weekend in Scorland, what wonderful weather in scotland this weekend .... I presume we were super lucky with the scotish weather this weekend from what everyone was saying

I've been to Scotland a few times, and once entered in to a conversation with a B & B owner about the weather. She said that they often have glorious weather, but that it's not often mentioned in the weather news, because it's very southern biased. Take from that what you will.