NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

11 hours ago, pauladam said:

Hi Everyone!!!

apologies for my absence, it’s been a tough few months where I have been in a pit of depression, something I’m not overly confident about speaking about just yet, but I’m feeling good and at the moment and wanted to say hi!

hope everyone is doing well?

when is T day again?

big hugs!

Paul

Hello Paul,

Welcome back. I truly hope that your depression doesn't return. Maybe it was a seasonal disorder (SAD), and maybe it's something else, or a multitude of things. I used to suffer from depression. I've taken medication for (and continue to take medication) it, and it worked wonders. However, I had to try a lot of anti-depressants that didn't work for me, before I found ones that worked.

The above said, I thought that I was losing it a bit last night. I felt that I was going to go down an anxiety attack route. Fortunately I took a little something to help me sleep, and I've woken up all settled.

Anyway, hope everybody has a lovely Sunday.

15 hours ago, pauladam said:

Hi Everyone!!!

apologies for my absence, it’s been a tough few months where I have been in a pit of depression, something I’m not overly confident about speaking about just yet, but I’m feeling good and at the moment and wanted to say hi!

hope everyone is doing well?

when is T day again?

big hugs!

Paul

Hi Paul good to see you around again :) 

My PS4 just crashed and I lost the last half hour of progress I'd made in my game.  It's not the pits of depression, granted, but I'm pretty miffed right now!

ah well

Hi folks

Its only 5.5 months till ticket day ... I'm getting in practice by hitting F5 randomly, checking my registration, and half getting butterflies already :-)

Its already been 5 months since Christmas - its gonna fly by :-)

Anyway wanted to pop on and say hi, and hope that the recent good(ish) weather has given everyone something little to smile about

FF

xx

4 hours ago, H.M.V said:

This day 4 years ago I got my first ever Glastonbury ticket in the resale and went on to meet a lot of you guys, met my husband and it literally changed my life! What a difference a ticket makes. 

Happy Anniversary. I can remember you telling me at (at least) one of the meets, and you showing me pictures of your new house. Great story. I trust you both celebrated properly? Were you the person with the Cherry Bakewell Cocktail taste challenge?

Edited by MrZigster

11 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Happy Anniversary. I can remember you telling me at (at least) one of the meets, and you showing me pictures of your new house. Great story. I trust you both celebrated properly? Were you the person with the Cherry Bakewell Cocktail taste challenge?

We definitely had a chat at one of the meets but I wouldn't be the Cheery Bakewell taster, can't stand the stuff. You will have me mixed up with @Curlygirl as the Cherry Bakewell is her thang. 

off to Bristol for the afternoon /evening to see Showhawk duo ...3 friends proving a bit of a disappointment with last minute changes of plans ... was going to be a night of it but now just 3 of us staying late ...is it just my friends that are unreliable ??! it annoys me but will enjoy whatever ...:) anyway anyone else up to anything fun ? 

So I'm off to Eden tonight for a old skool night with void speakers.. Which are the best in the world I may add.. Check them out. 

It's two of my mates Bdays and it's going to be mine and the wife's 28th wedding anniversary on the 1st may so it's going to be a bit of a do 

Anyway I knew I would be going as I was on guest list last week but know that the day is here I'm having massive panic attacks and anxiety.. 

I've got a ringing in my ears and my heart is trying to get the fuck out of my chest I'm not interested in any thing and if I could I would not go but like Glastonbury I do. 

I'm only really writing about this because I know others suffer from the same thing. I've just heard that my mate spud is on the way down from Leeds and bless him he loves it all lol 

So today I'm basically going to be continuing to paint a glasto piece that is going to Canada so that should take my mind off it 

People that don't suffer from this shit don't get it.. There not stupid or nasty but they cannot even imagine the horror of it. Still I know that it'll be a lot of fun once I have had a few drinks lol 

Happy weekend all 

Happy anniversary @guypjfreak, hope you’re feeling a bit better. 

Im in Nottingham and the weather is dreadful. I think we all need to up our praising of the weather gods. I’m definately making sacrifices in my sandshoes splodging through puddles!! 

Have a fab night whatever you’re all up to... and no @crazyfool1 it’s not just your mates, some of mine are flakey too 

17 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Happy anniversary @guypjfreak, hope you’re feeling a bit better. 

Im in Nottingham and the weather is dreadful. I think we all need to up our praising of the weather gods. I’m definately making sacrifices in my sandshoes splodging through puddles!! 

Have a fab night whatever you’re all up to... and no @crazyfool1 it’s not just your mates, some of mine are flakey too 

ive got my light up shoes powered up :) ... enjoy nottingham :) went on a stag night there many years ago ... but its all a bit hazy ...I blame the time not the alcohol :) 

Happy anniversary, Guy and Mrs Guy!

I know what you mean about the panics, and it sounds like you've got it under as much control as you can by recognising it and doing your painting to keep your brain focused :) you'll have a great time when you get going later!

As for the weather gods, I walked home from work the other day in pouring rain, thunder and a bit of lightning. I am quite terrified of thunder and lightning! I got a stomp on, got soaked and had to walk through massive puddles. My trainers are still wet! I actually squished as I walked! 

Hello lucy,

I've just had a stoned horrible thought that the above could be misinterpreted. It was merely a puerile Finbarr'esque type statement, that was meant to be amusing.

In other news, I'm bored shitless. I may have to have another smoke, as the one that I had previously has possibly induced some sort of fear in me. Hope all on here are fairing better. 

Morning all :)

Great gig last night. Feeling a bit achey this morning, though! One of the supports was a Canadian band called Arkells. If you haven't heard them, I'd recommend giving them a listen. Feel good pop-rock, but better than that makes them sound! So good to get out and see some live music again, it's been too long!

On 4/28/2018 at 2:46 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Really? Golly!

On 4/28/2018 at 11:20 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello lucy,

I've just had a stoned horrible thought that the above could be misinterpreted. It was merely a puerile Finbarr'esque type statement, that was meant to be amusing.

In other news, I'm bored shitless. I may have to have another smoke, as the one that I had previously has possibly induced some sort of fear in me. Hope all on here are fairing better. 

Hi Yog! Not misinterpreted at all, in fact i thought it was very funny!! 

3 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hi Yog! Not misinterpreted at all, in fact i thought it was very funny!! 

Hello lucy,

That's a relief. I had a stoned moment there, and it occurred to me that my comment could have been misconstrued. That's the thing with writing on sites like this, and in emails in general, in that there's sometimes scope for misinterpretation. In days long gone, people would have to write letters to each other, both personal and business. I wonder if the scale of misinterpretation was the same then, or did they take more care and attention to what they were writing?

Anyway, thanks for letting me know. Hope you are having a nice day. :)

Made it Wot a night 

Shades of rhythm, orbital, 808 kklas and more only 250 300 people invited and free and saw old friends from years ago.. 

Best night in ages 

Only 2 of our lot could not make it so it was a good show with the best sound system around. 

Thanks for the happy words. Not sure Wot to do on our 28th anniversary but it will be a nice day. 

G

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Made it Wot a night 

Shades of rhythm, orbital, 808 kklas and more only 250 300 people invited and free and saw old friends from years ago.. 

Best night in ages 

Only 2 of our lot could not make it so it was a good show with the best sound system around. 

Thanks for the happy words. Not sure Wot to do on our 28th anniversary but it will be a nice day. 

G

yay yay yay so so glad you made it and had a wonderful time. Anxiety is aweful, I praise someone that I don't suffer (am just rather shy at times) but those around me do and its crippling. You sound as if you have some great coping mechanisms, and you should feel mighty proud that you got yourself out there and made what sounds like amazing memories

Happy Anniversary

FFxx

• Upvote 1

Top of the range night.. 

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DX6Y_ROTctfU%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&h=ATOpXECdY-gG1r7xmJeFSYHvZf35wrZqIUNJ5NYZNEzjmx1wjO_tLUNvHSvcANsbmESdnEXJ09b0ChfXp6H1qg-1e4Jx-bbrN_1sCbQf0LOky5WM84Y

On 4/30/2018 at 11:13 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello lucy,

That's a relief. I had a stoned moment there, and it occurred to me that my comment could have been misconstrued. That's the thing with writing on sites like this, and in emails in general, in that there's sometimes scope for misinterpretation. In days long gone, people would have to write letters to each other, both personal and business. I wonder if the scale of misinterpretation was the same then, or did they take more care and attention to what they were writing?

Anyway, thanks for letting me know. Hope you are having a nice day. :)

The ambiguity of text can easily be misinterpreted, but not this time!! 

I am having a nice day thanks, well, as nice as you can when you're at work! The sun is shining so I've just been out for a cigarette to take advantage of it! 

59 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

The ambiguity of text can easily be misinterpreted, but not this time!!

That's pleasing to know.

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

I am having a nice day thanks, well, as nice as you can when you're at work! The sun is shining so I've just been out for a cigarette to take advantage of it!

Happy to hear that you are having a nice day. It's a nice day here too, and I have already taken advantage of many cigarettes ( I guess you can see what I did there!). 

I've just taken a break from clearing a load of rubble (bricks, tiles etc) that were stacked up (strewn would probably be a better description) in one corner of the garden. I was on my guard as it's the right kind of environment for vermin to live in. I don't think we have any vermin I hasten to add, it's just that they have to live somewhere, and that pile of strewn rubbish just looks like an ideal place to live - if you happened to be a rat or mouse, that is. 

I'm off to the Big Love festival this coming weekend, and am counting down the time until it finally arrives. I managed to sort out the necessary pharmaceuticals last night, so it's almost all systems go. I don't really know much about the festival, but get the impression that it might be a bit 'posh', which really isn't my bag, but I'm sure that the people will be friendly. They had better be, as the theme is peace and love! 

Have a lovely evening. :)