NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

23 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovely people.  Congratulations to those just married and just become parents,  warm hugs to those of you who aren't well or have lost people you love.  Well done for still being with us @Yoghurt on a Stick@vintagelaureate I hope your daughter (and her amazing parents) continue to go from strength to strength.  @crazyfool1 good luck with the acting jobs.  Hope the festival preparations are going well @mr gumby, @Curlygirl and @lucyginger.  We're failing to decide on a festival to go to en famille this year.  Latitude doesn't look inspiring, and we may go to see Tame Impala at Gunnersbury that weekend.  I'm trying to persuade Mr Moo that Bluedot's worth a try,  but may end up going on my own.

It seems a little trivial now given other people's news, but I gave evidence at the Commons Education Select Committee inquiry into  alternative provision (education outside mainstream schools) a couple of weeks ago.  The Head of Outreach Education, who helped my son so much, was there in February,  and afterwards they asked if she knew a parent who'd be willing to go to a less formal session of the committee.  She immediately thought of me!  It was amazing to be listened to by people who actually might be able to make a difference. Though I disagree with the politics of some of the MPs on the committee, they genuinely seemed to want to improve things for young people who don't fit in a system driven by grades and stupidly narrow ideas of what education is for.  There were 3 other parents there,  and it turned out all of us had boys with autism.  Shows how little understanding there is of the condition in mainstream school. 

Don't really have much else to report, other than I seem to have overdosed on chocolate at the weekend.  I didn't think that was possible :huh:

Hello dizzymoo,

Happy to hear things are well with you. Giving evidence to a Commons Select Committee eh! I thought that was only for naughty people!

Hope you find a nice festival to enjoy. :)

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Holy FUCKSTICKS, Yog! Very glad you're ok! You must come to boomtown! You must! 

Hello lucy,

Holy Fucksticks! I've never head that expression before, but I like it. A lot. I may have to 'borrow' it for future use.

Don't worry about Boomtown. I'm not going to do a Glastonbury 2016 on this one. I know that I have form for non attendance, but I am not going to repeat that ever again. Hope that things are good with you, and see you in August. :)

Thanks @dizzymoo! She's been under the weather this week, but is picking up slowly now (fingers crossed). We had a two hour paediatric appointment today that we've waited since August for - the joy! 

I'm meeting a friend tomorrow that I've not seen since Glastonbury last year! We don't have compatable schedules! Should be fun and then a busy Saturday awaits. 

I'm looking forward to Boomtown, all being well of course, and will hopefully put some faces to some of you awesome people there! 

On 01/04/2018 at 12:08 PM, mr gumby said:

Having only been to Glastonbury before, I went to my first smaller festival last year. I went to Beautiful Days, which is only about 10% the capacity of Glasto. I was unsure myself about it, but I needn't have been. There was plenty to see and do, you don't have to have over a hundred stages to choose from! I'll always be excited about going to Glasto, but being able to get from one stage to another in a few minutes, rather than trekking for an hour, made a nice change. Go on, give one a go! :)

I'm debating trying for BD tix this year Gumby.  My brother wants to try Glasto next year but he's up for doing something this year, and he's only ever been to Donington / Download before so thinking the complete opposite.  Despite being a Levs fanboy I've never been to BD, but quite tempted!

7 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm debating trying for BD tix this year Gumby.  My brother wants to try Glasto next year but he's up for doing something this year, and he's only ever been to Donington / Download before so thinking the complete opposite.  Despite being a Levs fanboy I've never been to BD, but quite tempted!

I've never actually been to Donington or Download, but I think I can safely say that BDs is indeed the complete opposite! I'd definitely recommend it :)

On 4 April 2018 at 11:51 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello lucy,

Holy Fucksticks! I've never head that expression before, but I like it. A lot. I may have to 'borrow' it for future use.

Don't worry about Boomtown. I'm not going to do a Glastonbury 2016 on this one. I know that I have form for non attendance, but I am not going to repeat that ever again. Hope that things are good with you, and see you in August. :)

Hello! 

Yog, please do indeed use the phrase! It is a good one! 

All good here thanks, am coming to the end of a rather over indulgent period, I do it every now and then (more than usual I mean) but it is time to cut back again. Other than that, all good! I shall not worry about Boomtown, and we will swap numbers etc nearer the time to ensure meeting up. I won't take no for an answer, I definitely want to buy you a cider to say thanks for the art of yours that traces the corner of my lounge! :)

23 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks @dizzymoo! She's been under the weather this week, but is picking up slowly now (fingers crossed). We had a two hour paediatric appointment today that we've waited since August for - the joy! 

I'm meeting a friend tomorrow that I've not seen since Glastonbury last year! We don't have compatable schedules! Should be fun and then a busy Saturday awaits. 

I'm looking forward to Boomtown, all being well of course, and will hopefully put some faces to some of you awesome people there! 

Will keep everything crossed that all is ok! Looking forward to meeting you at BT too :)

Hello! 

Yog, please do indeed use the phrase! It is a good one! 

All good here thanks, am coming to the end of a rather over indulgent period, I do it every now and then (more than usual I mean) but it is time to cut back again. Other than that, all good! I shall not worry about Boomtown, and we will swap numbers etc nearer the time to ensure meeting up. I won't take no for an answer, I definitely want to buy you a cider to say thanks for the art of yours that traces the corner of my lounge! :)

Hello lucy,

Happy to hear that all is well with you. I know only too well the 'need' to over indulge, but also now am familiar with the need to cut back every now and again too. The later is a relatively new concept to me, but you know what, it's alright too, I think it's probably the reason why I have cut back on my ramblings on this forum. That, and the fact that it's quiet on here, and the possible fact that I may already have detailed my life in full on here. That said, it only takes somebody to write something which in turn jogs a memory within me, and I'm off rambling again. Also, I have ran out of dope, which helps with my remaining sensible.

Yes, do not worry about BoomTown - it's going to be fab. And yes, we should swop numbers to ensure a meet up. I am very much hoping to get to the efests meet up on the Thursday evening, in any case, but having your number will be handy if I fail to get there. I can't see why I wont make it to the meet though. I intend to drive down there the night before and park up the campervan somewhere. However, I don't know what the queues are like etc, not having been there before. Are you going in a group / camping with the main crew of efesters. I'll be in a campervan, so am going to miss a lot of the camp comraderie  - by which I mean 'camp' in the staying around tents and having a chat kind of thing! lol

Happy to hear that the 'art' still pleases you. I actually have put two pieces of art in to The Royal Acedemy's Summer Show in London. One piece has, unsurprisingly, been rejected, but another piece is still hanging on in there, and may well be chosen. Time will tell. They get about 10,000 entries per year and have to whittle them right down to the number that they are able to display. As I say, time will tell as to what happens.

Anyway, good luck with the cutting back campaign. :)

@crazyfool1 - Showhawk were supported by 'Benji and Hibbz with the Brothers Slim', a rap/funk duo with live band. Don't miss their garage mash up - the support act came on at 8.20 and played till close to 9. 

The Showhawk Duo themselves were brilliant, came on around 9.20/30 played till 10.40. 

Both acts made themselves available for photos/signings at the end by the merch store. 

Hope that helps! 

6 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

@crazyfool1 - Showhawk were supported by 'Benji and Hibbz with the Brothers Slim', a rap/funk duo with live band. Don't miss their garage mash up - the support act came on at 8.20 and played till close to 9. 

The Showhawk Duo themselves were brilliant, came on around 9.20/30 played till 10.40. 

Both acts made themselves available for photos/signings at the end by the merch store. 

Hope that helps! 

excellent thanks very much ... need to change the plans of a couple of my friends getting the last train at 10.15 then :) with at least a 20 min  walk to station ... we are getting a later bus so its fine :) ... looking forward to it 

On 4/6/2018 at 11:50 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello lucy,

Happy to hear that all is well with you. I know only too well the 'need' to over indulge, but also now am familiar with the need to cut back every now and again too. The later is a relatively new concept to me, but you know what, it's alright too, I think it's probably the reason why I have cut back on my ramblings on this forum. That, and the fact that it's quiet on here, and the possible fact that I may already have detailed my life in full on here. That said, it only takes somebody to write something which in turn jogs a memory within me, and I'm off rambling again. Also, I have ran out of dope, which helps with my remaining sensible.

Yes, do not worry about BoomTown - it's going to be fab. And yes, we should swop numbers to ensure a meet up. I am very much hoping to get to the efests meet up on the Thursday evening, in any case, but having your number will be handy if I fail to get there. I can't see why I wont make it to the meet though. I intend to drive down there the night before and park up the campervan somewhere. However, I don't know what the queues are like etc, not having been there before. Are you going in a group / camping with the main crew of efesters. I'll be in a campervan, so am going to miss a lot of the camp comraderie  - by which I mean 'camp' in the staying around tents and having a chat kind of thing! lol

Happy to hear that the 'art' still pleases you. I actually have put two pieces of art in to The Royal Acedemy's Summer Show in London. One piece has, unsurprisingly, been rejected, but another piece is still hanging on in there, and may well be chosen. Time will tell. They get about 10,000 entries per year and have to whittle them right down to the number that they are able to display. As I say, time will tell as to what happens.

Anyway, good luck with the cutting back campaign. :)

Yog I love your ramblings! I love that we all have a good old ramble about life or whatever, it helps keep us going in between praising the mighty Weather Gods! :) 

I'll definitely do my best to get to the Boomtown efests meet! Having only been once, and the queues being a bit of a shambles, I can't really comment on what they are usually like. Also think it'll be different for you campervan lot. Yes I'm going with a group, not efest folk though. You'd be more than welcome to come to our camp for a smoke/chill out/chat nonsense though! We were next to campervans last year, I expect we'll head to a similar spot so we may end up being neighbours :) 

I love it! I really do. Ooh good luck with the entry to the show, what was it? 

On 4/9/2018 at 12:07 AM, Curlygirl said:

I’m having bad dreams about Tday!! They’re horrible and I’m waking up with palpitations! I need it over with. 

On 4/9/2018 at 9:09 AM, fatyeti24 said:

it's still six months off!  going to be a long summer for you :D 

On 4/9/2018 at 10:02 AM, Curlygirl said:

I know!! Luckily I have a fun packed summer so hopefully I’ll forget about it for a while!! 

Oh CG! Not already!!! Although I had a Ticket Twinge not long ago! EEK! 

Yeti you need to be our calming influence! 

Yog I love your ramblings! I love that we all have a good old ramble about life or whatever, it helps keep us going in between praising the mighty Weather Gods! :) 

I'll definitely do my best to get to the Boomtown efests meet! Having only been once, and the queues being a bit of a shambles, I can't really comment on what they are usually like. Also think it'll be different for you campervan lot. Yes I'm going with a group, not efest folk though. You'd be more than welcome to come to our camp for a smoke/chill out/chat nonsense though! We were next to campervans last year, I expect we'll head to a similar spot so we may end up being neighbours :) 

I love it! I really do. Ooh good luck with the entry to the show, what was it? 

Hello lucy,

Yes, I'd heard entrance in to the festival was a little shambolic. As you say though, it might be easier for campervan folk, otherwise they'd be traffic chaos out on the roads. 

Thanks ever so much for the invite to your camp for a smoke / chill out. and talking nonsense - these are my favourite things to do, so I'll take you up on the offer. 

It really does look like an exciting festival, so am really looking forward to it too.  :)

Join the ticket day count day.. It's the new way to praise the weather and ticket gods....

I DO LOVE THE NFRNFC THREAD BUT we need a little more praising and less yakking... Yog, lucyginger, cc, vintagelaureate, mr gumby, Quark, crazyfool1 dizzy, fatyeti24 and all the rest of you Lovely mob I LOVE reading your posts and laughing at the things get up to and get sad and upset at some of the shit you have to go through.. 

I find it hard to put in to words what's going on in my life and head...... I know I do occasionally......

Anyway old sons what I am trying to say is let's not worry about the tickets just yet as a young girl once said in a book I was reading a while back whilst she was in a concentration camp.. I'LL WORRY ABOUT IT TOMORROW.. 

One more little thing if you haven't tried eating chocolate whilst drinking kopparberg fruit cider you haven't lived 

Peace and cider. G

• Like 1

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Join the ticket day count day.. It's the new way to praise the weather and ticket gods....

I DO LOVE THE NFRNFC THREAD BUT we need a little more praising and less yakking... Yog, lucyginger, cc, vintagelaureate, mr gumby, Quark, crazyfool1 dizzy, fatyeti24 and all the rest of you Lovely mob I LOVE reading your posts and laughing at the things get up to and get sad and upset at some of the shit you have to go through.. 

I find it hard to put in to words what's going on in my life and head...... I know I do occasionally......

Anyway old sons what I am trying to say is let's not worry about the tickets just yet as a young girl once said in a book I was reading a while back whilst she was in a concentration camp.. I'LL WORRY ABOUT IT TOMORROW.. 

One more little thing if you haven't tried eating chocolate whilst drinking kopparberg fruit cider you haven't lived 

Peace and cider. G

I'm currently not supposed to eat chocolate or drink cider, because of the kidney problem. Combining the two is out of the question. In any case, it's depraved guy!  lol

It was potentially a silly thing to do, but, fortunately, having a breakfast joint has worked wonders. I was flapping around there for a little bit, but have now mellowed out again. Isn't it funny, your brain? There it is thinking away on your behalf, and you (by which I mean me) can't even be arsed listening to what it's got to say. Fuck it. Cock a deaf'n'. You just know that it's going to be all just a load of old bollocks anyway.