NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

We've got her home, pending an EEG (not ECG) next week. Dr's suggesting infantile spasms but will know more after scan. In herself she's fine and hasn't had anymore episodes since 1am. So fingers crossed, thanks all. 

We just try to keep going and hold some semblance of normality. 

• Upvote 1

Hello lovely peeps, sorry I've been absent for so long.  Been busy with actual real paying clients, probably down to Jan/Feb malaise and the fact that it takes forever to get counselling through the NHS now. 

Hope your daughter's scan provides positive news @vintagelaureate, it must be hard to keep a sense of normality. @mr gumby sorry to hear about Mrs G's father - big hugs to you both. @crazyfool1 hope  the job negotiations go well, and glad to hear your work situation's improved @Quark. Congrats on your Interail prize @Yoghurt on a Stick, and on forthcoming wedding @Skoo. A ribbon tower cake made of tiers of equal width would look pretty cool,  and for once it would be entirely appropriate to have (models of) the bride and groom at the top of the cake. I'm sure I've missed something @lucyginger, but why six tits? Hello everyone I've missed out, hope you're all well.

Youngest is not only still in school, but got A's in all his AS mocks!  A long way to go but so far vindicating all the teachers who refused to give up on him.  I am insufferably proud. Eldest is having a break from uni and working in the village while he considers his options. It's actually really nice to have him around, though we may be making it a bit too comfortable for him...

I have lovely friends, but sometimes end up at weird social events with them.  A couple of weeks ago there was an 'adult' colouring party.  Here is my effort - perhaps you can guess the theme?

20180120_230752.jpg

Hello! 

Six tits because I saw six tits when I did the RSPB big garden Birdwatch! Love a good bird/tit joke!

Good to read positive news from people :) 

Not much to report here, i've done some sewing today and am now having a gin before cooking dinner. Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday :)

Very relaxing week off ....  was supposed to spend it job hunting but decided it was a bit early as nothing has really been decided on that front yet , my next meeting on the 8th of march will make things a lot clearer so ive updated my cv anyway . Ive spend the week doing some more mundane things like getting flat measured and looking at new carpets and then ruled it out because it was more than expected and not desperate , car motd , car tax , insurance , house ins etc all fall at this time too and ive been swimming most days ... weekend has been spent with sporting fixtures and trying to work out my rather odd second internet date with a young lady from fri eve ... im still none the wiser !! and ive been debating to send a message or not ... dont like to be unclear so sent one anyway :)

6 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

One of the funniest (read: most puerile) things I've seen on a similar theme, was a link to an article about great tits, on a website called littlepeckers.co.uk. It made me chuckle, anyway! :)

I went on to the little pecker site you mentioned , and was satisfactorily disappointed to see it was about birds (of the feathered variety!). I simply don't understand why one would keep a bird as a pet. I love to see them out in the wild,  but caged does my head in.  

On 24/02/2018 at 11:56 PM, dizzymoo said:

Youngest is not only still in school, but got A's in all his AS mocks!  A long way to go but so far vindicating all the teachers who refused to give up on him.  I am insufferably proud

That's great news Dizzy, you must be made up :)

hows everyone affected by the snow ? not hit the southwest yet ... but looking like tomorrow pm for us here ... although Taunton rarely gets it as the hills either side do ... but this time i fear it will be us ... luckily im walking distance from work ..  but hopefully not too many people will venture out food shopping once it sets in !!

35 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

hows everyone affected by the snow ? not hit the southwest yet ... but looking like tomorrow pm for us here ... although Taunton rarely gets it as the hills either side do ... but this time i fear it will be us ... luckily im walking distance from work ..  but hopefully not too many people will venture out food shopping once it sets in !!

Apocalyptic scenes here this morning in Cumbria. 

received_10156190238561532.jpeg

On 28/02/2018 at 2:18 PM, crazyfool1 said:

what a beautiful scene ... if only the white stuff didn't cause all the issues it does !!

Yeah, but Guns & Roses' output wouldn't have been half so good without it :D

18 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Well that was a nightmare of a day.. 

Weather related or worse old chap?

On happier news (at least for me) just booked Mrs Q's birthday present (and honest it's for her!)....taking my glittery sparkly ass to see Kylie at the O2! :dance:

• Upvote 1

Creeping back here to make sure everyone is ok, and start planning for the summer. For the first time ever i seem to have got stuck a little in winter this year, and finding it hard to plan beyond march, got some stuff in the calendar by default (weddings, parties/local gigs) but nothing to blow my top off

struggling between deciding festival for this year, and thinking Benicassim maybe the way forward,  nothing planned for that weekend , sunshine (hopefully) - oh I dunno - then there's latitude thats always been on my bucket list ..... really fancied Mad cool, but dithering seems to have missed the boat on that one....

In other news .... nope there is no other news.... hope all are well and I'll now scroll back to see what you lovely bunch have been up to

FFx

On 2/27/2018 at 4:36 PM, Quark said:

That's great news Dizzy, you must be made up :)

Really pleased, thanks Quark.  Trying to get the image of you in gold hotpants out of my head... I give up.  We need pics!

Hope you're all safe out there - @crazyfool1 and @mr gumby are you in the red snow warning area?  What a beautiful scene @fatyeti24.  We've had horizontal snow all day and haven't seen much at all, apart from a collection of miserable looking fieldfares huddled in the garden.  Mr Moo gave up trying to get to work on treacherous roads, and youngest is delighted that school's closed tomorrow.

Hope the winter blues lift soon @Funkyfairy!.  We've been to Latitude 3 times and enjoyed it even without great headliners as there's always loads going on.  Had beautiful weather too. 

I'm wondering about Bluedot at Jodrell Bank, which has Chemical Bros and Future Islands, plus a load of nerdy science stuff which we love.  Has anyone here been?

35 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Really pleased, thanks Quark.  Trying to get the image of you in gold hotpants out of my head... I give up.  We need pics!

Hope you're all safe out there - @crazyfool1 and @mr gumby are you in the red snow warning area?  What a beautiful scene @fatyeti24.  We've had horizontal snow all day and haven't seen much at all, apart from a collection of miserable looking fieldfares huddled in the garden.  Mr Moo gave up trying to get to work on treacherous roads, and youngest is delighted that school's closed tomorrow.

Hope the winter blues lift soon @Funkyfairy!.  We've been to Latitude 3 times and enjoyed it even without great headliners as there's always loads going on.  Had beautiful weather too. 

I'm wondering about Bluedot at Jodrell Bank, which has Chemical Bros and Future Islands, plus a load of nerdy science stuff which we love.  Has anyone here been?

im ok thanks for asking ... just staying warm in the flat ... ive been for a quick walk around the block ... but taunton is smack bang in the middle of the red zone ... which to me is just the same as everyone has been getting  but yes it is heavy and drifting a bit ... just walked past a couple of homeless people .. its them who I feel sorry for ... but they said they were doing ok and said they didn't want a hot drink so hopefully had been offered lots today already ... ok lets edit that it appears we are on the edge of the zone 

Edited by crazyfool1