NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Well times are a-changin'... 

I'm off to Boomtown! My wife has bought me a ticket as an advance birthday present and my Glastonbury mates are coming with me! No idea what to expect but I can't wait.

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 1

not sure the best outcome currently as ive been full time for all of those 23 years ... not done anything different and am unsure which way to head ... company is restructuring hours and say there are full time jobs available ... but to do those you pretty well have to work afternoons and evenings ... which is my why I stepped down as a supervisor 6 months ago .. trying to get a bit of my life back ... oh well !! heads up but spinning a bit at the moment 

Not the same situation, but I had a good job and had an accident which meant I couldn't do it anymore. Consequently, I had to reassess my life, retrain and go back to Uni as a mature student. It's hard to set into the unknown, but sometimes it can be rewarding. It was a struggle at times, especially financially, but manageable. 

5 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Not the same situation, but I had a good job and had an accident which meant I couldn't do it anymore. Consequently, I had to reassess my life, retrain and go back to Uni as a mature student. It's hard to set into the unknown, but sometimes it can be rewarding. It was a struggle at times, especially financially, but manageable. 

definitely an opportunity to take .. although its hard not to make frustrations too visible ... not the best way to treat a loyal member of staff but unfortunately counts for little these days ... would like to retrain but haven't the foggiest what in ... thats always been the issue and 23 years later :) but cheers 

38 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm off to Boomtown! My wife has bought me a ticket as an advance birthday present and my Glastonbury mates are coming with me! No idea what to expect but I can't wait.

Seems to be half of Glastonbury old farts are going to be at Boomtown 

• Like 1

Death in paradise 

Due to having to have a wee I've not seen the end hey ho 

Hey Mr crazy fool hope you OK old son.. 

Peace and tea to all of you.. 

It's the cafe lady.. The dead man's brother 

I was wrong lol 

Edited by guypjfreak

On 2/13/2018 at 8:10 PM, crazyfool1 said:

not sure the best outcome currently as ive been full time for all of those 23 years ... not done anything different and am unsure which way to head ... company is restructuring hours and say there are full time jobs available ... but to do those you pretty well have to work afternoons and evenings ... which is my why I stepped down as a supervisor 6 months ago .. trying to get a bit of my life back ... oh well !! heads up but spinning a bit at the moment 

I worked for an organization for 28 years. I was holding on by my finger tips at the end of that, and knew that I had to leave. Then, right at that moment, they announced a restructure, and that there would definitely be job losses. I, virtually, put my hand up straight away, and said 'Me, me, me, me,me'! I was then interviewed in a room, and told there and then, face to face, that I wasn't seeing the 'big picture' and that they wanted to get rid of the shit employees, and not me. All very flattering, I'm sure you'll agree. However, I wanted out, and I wanted the nice, over the top, redundancy money. The campaign was 'on'. To cut a long story short, they tried everything to keep me, and I tried everything for them not to be able to do that. I won. I got 36,500 pounds redundancy, and spent every penny of it on drugs (and I mean every penny). I've not looked back since. I daren't. It would be too frightening!  lol

On 2/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Times definitely changing for me too ... find out on thurs if my job offers me full time hours ... if not need to find out about redundancy ... 23 year job might be ending soon ... probably for the best in the long term .. but a bit of a worry short term as a single income household !!

Hope you're ok, Mr Fool. How did it go? 

On 2/13/2018 at 7:53 PM, vintagelaureate said:

See you there!! It was my first last year, and it was great fun!!! 

im fine ... just a few decisions to make ... it was my choice to step down from a supervisor 6 months ago but have been awaiting a full time contract to be offered whilst several departments in the store have been going through a restructuring process ... this ended with 26 hr contract being offered to me ... which I refused to sign as it wasn't anywhere near the requested 36 hr plus I require to survive with a single income household bearing in mind im only on minimum wage ... anyway I will unfortunately have to sign the new contracts that asda has implemented as I gave up my position which were on the news last year and mean for an increased hourly rate I have to offer flexibility and loose bank holiday premiums and have to work them too !! 

Anyway ive had a first meeting which was positive in that they are likely to be able to offer me more hours on another department .. but im not so sure I want to do this new contract ... so am exploring redundancy options nothing like the amounts you were offered @Yoghurt on a Stick will be lucky if its one third of that .... but its enough to give me 9 months to look for other jobs and hopefully I will find one much sooner and bank that money .

hope this makes sense ... bit of a muddle in my head and not easy to explain 

Hi all! Been away a while although checked in a few times.

Hope things work out OK @crazyfool1

I've been busy planning my wedding in May - me and my other half got engaged at Glastonbury 2017 and I've taken a bit of a casual approach to wedding planning until the last couple of weeks where it suddenly dawned on me that I need to get everything sorted!

Trying to go for a bit of a festival style wedding - tipis, bands etc. Not sure how to make it feel a bit more Glasto though, any ideas anyone?

9 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I've been busy planning my wedding in May - me and my other half got engaged at Glastonbury 2017 and I've taken a bit of a casual approach to wedding planning until the last couple of weeks where it suddenly dawned on me that I need to get everything sorted!

Trying to go for a bit of a festival style wedding - tipis, bands etc. Not sure how to make it feel a bit more Glasto though, any ideas anyone?

Depends how all out you want to go ... placemats in Glastonbury font ... pyramid stage wedding cake ... tables named after Glastonbury Areas .. fancy dress (not sure its appropriate but always mention it ) flowers on tables arrangements could be tipi shapped with flowers coming out the top .... bride and groom arriving on a tractor driven by micheal or emily ok will stop now cos one day this will be my plan ) 

40 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Congratulations!

HMV and I did a bit of a festival theme for our wedding last year.  we put a decent sized gazebo in the garden, had bunting and festoon lights and some seating made from hey bales.  we invited a few of our glasto buddies and cos it was at our home, there was a pervasive smell of certain herbs wafting about, with no looking out for security or the cops.

we also had a ceilidh band, but the less said about that, the better :D 

Edited by fatyeti24

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Have it in a muddy field after not showering for 5 days? All the men have to wear shorts, have a red landrover to bring you to the church, get everyone to park about 2 miles away and walk there, don’t make it too Glastonbury though, Coldplay might turn up.

• Upvote 1