NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:01 AM, mr gumby said:

:D

It was actually a CD of the new Stereophonics album, along with a voucher for tickets to see them in June. She's wanted to see them for years, but never has. 

That would make me cry too, awesome pressie, brilliant live, seen them at many a festival but never their own gig.... well done Mr Gumby

OH made me cry this year, but only because the pressies he got me shows he listened to snippets of stuff, and gets me ... which he hasn't for year, He suffers from depression and this year is the first year for years and years he has been out to the shops/got excited over christmas and has put thought into it ... the best present for me by far is that he was 'back' and living again and laughing

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

My husband got me the best presents ever.. I'm so lucky to have such a nice person..... he's so quite and doesn't make a fuss all he wants is for everyone to be happy and listen to pearl jam...... I don't post much as I'm usually making tea and biscuits with out granddaughter who obviously love's her granddaddy..

Oh well must Go I can here his lovely Voice singing an Eddie vedder tune to me..

Peace and vodka......wife..

• Like 1

On 23/12/2017 at 4:19 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello vintagelaureate,

I once saw a mate asleep curled up on the top of a washing machine in the very early hours of the morning at a party. Now that's going to take some beating. In fact, I think that only getting inside the washing machine beats that.

We are actually going to have a quiet Christmas Day. It'll just be my wife, her son and me. Then all the lunatics are coming to play on Boxing Day. Not sure how long people are staying for, but it'll be OK, because everybody knows each other and gets on. Then it's a quiet New Year Eve - assuming that we haven't any refugees from the Boxing Day session still with us.

Now all I have to do is repeat in a mantra that 'I will enjoy Christmas, I will enjoy Christmas' etc etc over and over in a loop type scenario. 

Hope that you and yours have a lovely time at Christmas. :)

An X-GF of mine had an inexplicable propensity for falling asleep atop of speaker stacks. Loud ones. I'm fully aware of how implausible this may sound. but I saw it happen, (hic)~ at Glastonbury and in Brixton and in Ibiza for starters. How she even got up there I will never know.

• Like 1

On 27 December 2017 at 3:53 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

That would make me cry too, awesome pressie, brilliant live, seen them at many a festival but never their own gig.... well done Mr Gumby

OH made me cry this year, but only because the pressies he got me shows he listened to snippets of stuff, and gets me ... which he hasn't for year, He suffers from depression and this year is the first year for years and years he has been out to the shops/got excited over christmas and has put thought into it ... the best present for me by far is that he was 'back' and living again and laughing

FF that's so lovely to hear! Very glad he is laughing again :)

I am still full of cold, have had to work too but finished very early as there's not much to do so now laying on the sofa. Lovely!

16 hours ago, bamber said:

An X-GF of mine had an inexplicable propensity for falling asleep atop of speaker stacks. Loud ones. I'm fully aware of how implausible this may sound. but I saw it happen, (hic)~ at Glastonbury and in Brixton and in Ibiza for starters. How she even got up there I will never know.

I know a bloke who used to come in early morning on the Sunday after a Saturday night out and just go to sleep on the family's dining table in the kitchen. For many a year he used to do this, and his mother would work around him to make the Sunday dinner. Eventually her patience kind of blew, but only to the point where she came out with 'Micheal. When you come in on Sunday morning, do you think you could go to sleep on the pool table in the lounge instead'. Guess what? From that moment on he was to be found fast asleep on the pool table every Sunday morning. 

On 12/27/2017 at 3:53 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

I'm very happy to hear that the OH appears to have shaken off the negativity of his being. Been there for far too long, and far too many a time myself, so know exactly  what it's like. Freedom, love. goodwill etc is the answer - not possessions, and trying to compete. Fuck that for a game of soldiers. I wish your OH increased enlightenment in the passage (which you are allowed to take, by the way - in my opinion, anyway) towards contentment and happiness.

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I know a bloke who used to come in early morning on the Sunday after a Saturday night out and just go to sleep on the family's dining table in the kitchen. For many a year he used to do this, and his mother would work around him to make the Sunday dinner. Eventually her patience kind of blew, but only to the point where she came out with 'Micheal. When you come in on Sunday morning, do you think you could go to sleep on the pool table in the lounge instead'. Guess what? From that moment on he was to be found fast asleep on the pool table every Sunday morning. 

I've been partial to the stairs on many an occasion... 

To @Funkyfairy! I echo Yog's words. I'm glad your OH is doing well. 

I myself am currently in sunny Skegness after trying to prolong Christmas for my kids and nephew at Butlins! 

OK so this ipad screen broke to little bits so checked out you tube and took this apart brought new screen fitted to night and hey presto I'm back. 

Thanks to the wife for checking in for me.. Lol

Wishing you all the best for the new year 

Guy 

20 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

OK so this ipad screen broke to little bits so checked out you tube and took this apart brought new screen fitted to night and hey presto I'm back. 

Thanks to the wife for checking in for me.. Lol

Wishing you all the best for the new year 

Guy 

Good work! Welcome back, and thanks Sharon for standing in! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

So how are we all doing? Good to see you're better, Gumby. My cold is hanging on but I am drinking through it!

Fight the fight Lucy! :P

All okay this end, just driven 200 miles back from Skegness, no plans for new year although I got some more Kraken for Christmas so may open that up. It's a nice rum but not the best with a mixer!

5 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Good work! Welcome back, and thanks Sharon for standing in! 

Yep she did well.... I've looked over what she has written and you know what....... It's nearly exactly the same as I would have written lol... 

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Fight the fight Lucy! :P

All okay this end, just driven 200 miles back from Skegness, no plans for new year although I got some more Kraken for Christmas so may open that up. It's a nice rum but not the best with a mixer!

Currently fighting with red wine as my weapon! :)

That sounds like a good NYE plan! 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Yep she did well.... I've looked over what she has written and you know what....... It's nearly exactly the same as I would have written lol... 

Haha yep she did a good job Guy!

On 28/12/2017 at 8:22 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have never slept on a dining table or a pool table, but I am guessing that the poor sod wakes up with unspeakable neck pain.  Narcolepsy it is not though. Narcolepsy is very peculiar indeed, and rare. I knew is sufferer once, it is idiopathic. There are a great many things in this world that are idiopathic.

12 hours ago, lucyginger said:

So how are we all doing? Good to see you're better, Gumby. My cold is hanging on but I am drinking through it!

i'm knackered!  this week has been a very busy end to a very busy year, but we've made it!

off on honeymoon in the early hours of tuesday for a well earned rest :D 

Afternoon all

we have been for a final run round the farm for this year and apart from a dog called Polly and a few startled sheep, all is very quiet. Going was a bit moist but it was good to get out in daylight before work gets in the way again next week.

2017 has been fantastic, strange, difficult, and worrying at times but now over. Looking fowards to seeing you all in the fields in 2018. if anyone finds themselves at Shindig, Beatherder, Boomtown, Shambala, Sunrise, or Tokyo World (so far but there will be more) I will buy you a beer.

1 hour ago, pilton digger said:

If anyone finds themselves at Shindig, Beatherder, Boomtown, Shambala, Sunrise, or Tokyo World (so far but there will be more) I will buy you a beer.

I'm trying to convince my friends of the merits of Boomtown but thus far to no avail.