NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

21 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Guys and guyesses, the blues are hitting me hard! Normally the trip to Spain sorts me right out but this year it hasn't worked. Been back to work for a week now. I'm at Kendal next week and I can't get excited. I need more festivals in my life. @Funkyfairy! was it you that's been to v? I'm not bothered by it but my friends are and I need another fest for the fallow. Everywhere else is just too far away. Can you give any advice? When does it open? 

CG.  You could always try Beatherder, we went again this weekend and it is a quality weekend and it is also closer than Kendal for you (Sawley in Lancashire). Sean will be putting a review up soon, he is a confirmed repeat offender. A great laugh and you get gravy on your chips if you want.

30 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

CG.  You could always try Beatherder, we went again this weekend and it is a quality weekend and it is also closer than Kendal for you (Sawley in Lancashire). Sean will be putting a review up soon, he is a confirmed repeat offender. A great laugh and you get gravy on your chips if you want.

Filth, absolute filth!

Gravy on mash or roast potatoes.

Mayo, ketchup or tartare sauce on chips (tartare only if the chips are with fish).

Vinegar can fuck right off.

Gravy on chips is an affront to the natural order of the universe, and should never be permitted under any circumstances.

Don't even get me started on curry sauce.

Here endeth the lesson.

8 hours ago, H.M.V said:

OMFG, meant to say that road was awesome. St Ives was lovely but waaaay too fucking busy. Couldn't get to eat anywhere and we ended up getting sand blasted as well when the winds picked up. Ended up stopping at Sainsbury's and going back to the cottage, 8pm before I got food in my belly. Hangry! Would like to go back in late autumn without the dogs and check it out. 

Glad you liked it - must go that way myself soonnnnnnn!

7 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Sounds ideal but we'll be busy running our own by then. What's it like late September?

Sept is great - still warm and most of the emmets are gone home.

11 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Gravy on mash or roast potatoes.

Mayo, ketchup or tartare sauce on chips (tartare only if the chips are with fish).

Vinegar can fuck right off.

Gravy on chips is an affront to the natural order of the universe, and should never be permitted under any circumstances.

Don't even get me started on curry sauce.

Here endeth the lesson.

The ramblings of a madman!

15 hours ago, pilton digger said:

15 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Filth, absolute filth!

Thank you. Mr Gumby, for upholding the southern (and correct) view. 

14 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Gravy on mash or roast potatoes. - Correct

Mayo, ketchup or tartare sauce on chips (tartare only if the chips are with fish). - two out of three

Vinegar can fuck right off. -what the hell do you put on your fish and chips you monster? Plus, pickled onios/eggs/gherkins with F&C

Gravy on chips is an affront to the natural order of the universe, and should never be permitted under any circumstances. - pie, chips and gravy, check and mate.

Don't even get me started on curry sauce. - agreed

Here endeth the lesson.

Not bad Gumby, not bad.

4 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Chips and Mayo all the way

Whats this chips and cheese malarky all about - wrong on every level !

That's because it is incorrect. It should be chips cheese and gravy

Oh and it's mayo and ketchup. Mmmmmm

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

That's because it is incorrect. It should be chips cheese and gravy

Oh and it's mayo and ketchup. Mmmmmm

@H.M.V nnnoooooooo chips , cheese and gravy ---- seriously- thats even more wrong than chips n cheese

And chips with marie rose sauce ..... seriously ;-)

What happened to the good old humble plain old chips, salt and vinegar ..... stick to the basics guys

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

in some parts of the country they put gravy on fish.  i think we can all unite behind the truth that that is the behaviour of wrong 'uns.

Totally agreed. That is disgusting. Where the fuck do they do that and can we agree to never go there?

17 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Obviously.

You say that.  Some of the deviant opinions on here it's always worth clarifying.

Those glasses went down an absolute storm in Beni at the weekend.  The look on people's faces when they first put them on had me smiling for 4 days solid :D

Just now, Quark said:

You say that.  Some of the deviant opinions on here it's always worth clarifying.

Those glasses went down an absolute storm in Beni at the weekend.  The look on people's faces when they first put them on had me smiling for 4 days solid :D

Good to hear it.  The reaction from the crowd at Justice was pretty amazing.  I'm going to get more next time!