NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

6 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

I'm impressed! The only food we grow is raspberries, which mostly look after themselves. Home grown tomatoes are so much better than anything you can buy in the shops. My parents used to grow them, and the glut would coincide with me heading back to uni in September. I'd be given a huge bag of green tomatoes with a few red ones to encourage the others. Every windowsill in our student house would be filled with ripening tomatoes. Happy days.

Happiness is a warm ripe tomato :)

2 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

I used to live in a flat with a south facing balcony. I grew tomatoes, strawberries, french beans, lettucey things and lots of lovely flowers. I loved it! My current flat is ground floor, I tried growing things outside but the wildlife in the woods next door ate everything! The windowsills inside are only sunny enough for a few house plants, which cling to life desperately!!! 

My folks grow a bit of veg, so I get lovely fresh runner beans and tomatoes and sometimes knobbly cucumbers. 

I think I just self finbarred. WAHAY! 

3 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Yes, but can I qualify that as including salt, vinegar and spices, and then covering hot, soft (wait for it MrG) chips? Mmmmmm.

NFRNFChips, and that last bit is no good y'all.

3 hours ago, carlosj said:

Yes, but can I qualify that as including salt, vinegar and spices, and then covering hot, soft (wait for it MrG) chips? Mmmmmm.

NFRNFChips, and that last bit is no good y'all.

Chips have to have mayo on. That would be the non-dairy variety :)

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

So last night we said our farewell to Pembrokeshire watching dreadzone in Cardigan castle and now we're in not so sunny Cornwall. We passed by @Sawdusty Surfers place not far so may pop by. I missed my turn checking out his mushrooms. Lol

Greetings - where 'e to in not so sunny Cornwall?

After Glastonbury I've been to Tunes in the Dunes at Perranporth on the Sat for KT Tunstall , Levellers & Back Beat Sound System. Then Tom Petty at Hyde Park. 

Now have feck all to do until Beautiful Days, so today has been TdF, Wimbledon and Cricket.

15 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

After Glastonbury I've been to Tunes in the Dunes at Perranporth on the Sat for KT Tunstall , Levellers & Back Beat Sound System. Then Tom Petty at Hyde Park. 

Now have feck all to do until Beautiful Days, so today has been TdF, Wimbledon and Cricket.

Oh we're in a village called marhamchurch outside Bude. Bit too mizzly to take in the surroundings. 

1 hour ago, cornish hick said:

Are you off to Beautiful Days too? See you there! :)

On 7/15/2017 at 8:55 PM, H.M.V said:

Oh we're in a village called marhamchurch outside Bude. Bit too mizzly to take in the surroundings. 

I like Bude and that area way up there :)

23 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Are you off to Beautiful Days too? See you there! :)

Aye first time going and birthday treat to myself :)

36 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Illuminated jellyfish outfit? Come on

25 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

What she said! 

It's not done yet! The lights won't be added until mid-August, after they've been used on our tent while camping near Weymouth, but I'll put a pic up once the rest is finished! 

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

It's not done yet! The lights won't be added until mid-August, after they've been used on our tent while camping near Weymouth, but I'll put a pic up once the rest is finished! 

Brilliant!! I need to start making outfits for Boomtown.... 

16 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Nice! It's my first time too. If you see a 6'3" steward in an illuminated jellyfish outfit on the Sunday, that'll be me! :)

Pedantically, I'm wondering which type, Portuguese Man O War, Box, Moon, or the blue one in Spongebob Squarepants? I'm jealous of the festival opportunities too, there's too much sun to be forced inside an office :-(

16 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Pedantically, I'm wondering which type, Portuguese Man O War, Box, Moon, or the blue one in Spongebob Squarepants? I'm jealous of the festival opportunities too, there's too much sun to be forced inside an office :-(

Something like this (ish!)

1d328ece37a497a175cc0318947e69053ef9fbd0_large.jpg.20f474edf0d97170a479b0d515023ad5.jpg

• Upvote 1

Benicassim done.  I am a broken man.  4 nights hitting it at full pelt, then the Gatwick fiasco to get home yesterday.  Working this morning after, I would estimate, a total of 18 hours sleep since Wednesday.

Re-thinking my life choices right now...