NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Afternoon campers. Work's a drag. Still upset I didn't make the fest this year. Even more upset it'll be 2 years before any potential return.

Plus side....well, there's none really

NFR NFC :sungum:

7 hours ago, pentura said:

Afternoon campers. Work's a drag. Still upset I didn't make the fest this year. Even more upset it'll be 2 years before any potential return.

Plus side....well, there's none really

NFR NFC :sungum:

Oh no! I didn't realise you weren't there! Was it a choice or the lack of luck on Tday? 

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Evening all :)

Listened to The Flaming Lips' 'Yoshimi battles the pink robots' album earlier, for the first time since seeing them at the Park. Apparently, it was too soon! 

Tears involved?! I'm still relishing in the joy that flaming lips brought me. Just absolutely fantastic!! 

9 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Tears involved?! I'm still relishing in the joy that flaming lips brought me. Just absolutely fantastic!! 

Tears yes, but they were happy tears! :) Sorry I didn't think to get in touch before that gig to arrange to meet you there. Whereabouts were you? I was second row, towards the left of the stage. Thought it'd be busy by the time I got there (about 10 minutes before the start), but just strolled up almost to the barrier! Quite possibly the most wonderful musical experience of my life! :)

1 minute ago, mr gumby said:

Tears yes, but they were happy tears! :) Sorry I didn't think to get in touch before that gig to arrange to meet you there. Whereabouts were you? I was second row, towards the left of the stage. Thought it'd be busy by the time I got there (about 10 minutes before the start), but just strolled up almost to the barrier! Quite possibly the most wonderful musical experience of my life! :)

I was about 4 rows from the front at the right hand side. I was meant to contact another friend but didn't. It was a mad rush between Elbow, Clean Bandit, check on niece and alcoholic friend, the back to park. And I totally agree. Best live band I've ever seen. I had a moment that wouldn't stop I was so fucking happy!!

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Oh no! I didn't realise you weren't there! Was it a choice or the lack of luck on Tday? 

Yeah missed out this year sadly :(

Been going since 2010 so was a right ol' kick in the delicates! Here's to 2019 though! :D

Morning all!

happy belated birthday @lucyginger your bagpiss cake sounds amazing. 

@CurlygirlI listened to the BBC recording of the Glasto gals yesterday and if you are who I think you are, I thought you sounded brill, everyone did. Wish I'd gone and met you guys now, but you know what it's like, time seems to stop being a factor in those fields, managed to lose and find myself again many times over. 

Have a lovely Wednesday peeps!

As much as I loved the Radiohead set, and finally getting to see an Arcadia Metamorphosis afterwards, I am still a little bit gutted that I missed Flips. Watched on iPlayer and it just looked like an absolute blast!

Goddamn clashes :)

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Morning all!

happy belated birthday @lucyginger your bagpiss cake sounds amazing. 

@CurlygirlI listened to the BBC recording of the Glasto gals yesterday and if you are who I think you are, I thought you sounded brill, everyone did. Wish I'd gone and met you guys now, but you know what it's like, time seems to stop being a factor in those fields, managed to lose and find myself again many times over. 

Have a lovely Wednesday peeps!

Happy belated birthday wishes from me too Lucy. Haven't seen the pic but is it really a Bagpiss cake? That absolutely should be a thing if it isn't already!

7 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Happy belated birthday wishes from me too Lucy. Haven't seen the pic but is it really a Bagpiss cake? That absolutely should be a thing if it isn't already!

I'm not convinced this should be a thing Dizzy! :lol:

OMG! :rofl:

Can't believe I didn't spot that! That's what you get for posting from your phone, bloody autocorrect.

However...

If there was a bagpiss cake, would it be in the shape and design of a traveljohn?

Could have a buttercream vanilla filling with a touch of yellow food colouring in there. Could be quite convincing!

Maybe @naughtygeorgie will be along soon to tell us if it could be done. 

Poor bagpuss is getting on so maybe he does have a bagopiss. Lol

We've booked to go away. Not Cornwall but Pembrokeshire as it was THE most dog friendly place we could find at such short notice. Off on Saturday. Although I would much rather be going home. Be nice to focus on dogs and us. Just need to walk and eat. Quite remote so will probably be cooking a bit as well. 

30 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Poor bagpuss is getting on so maybe he does have a bagopiss. Lol

We've booked to go away. Not Cornwall but Pembrokeshire as it was THE most dog friendly place we could find at such short notice. Off on Saturday. Although I would much rather be going home. Be nice to focus on dogs and us. Just need to walk and eat. Quite remote so will probably be cooking a bit as well. 

Ah nice, what type of dogs have you got?

My dog is called Alan, and to be honest, he is a bit of a w*nker. He doesn't like people (apart from us, and a few select people in the "inner circle") and he barks at children. It's not ideal! Although he is getting better, we have to muzzle him if we go anywhere with lots of kids because you just can't risk it.

Luckily he is small, so he gets away with being a dick.

2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Ah nice, what type of dogs have you got?

My dog is called Alan, and to be honest, he is a bit of a w*nker. He doesn't like people (apart from us, and a few select people in the "inner circle") and he barks at children. It's not ideal! Although he is getting better, we have to muzzle him if we go anywhere with lots of kids because you just can't risk it.

Luckily he is small, so he gets away with being a dick.

Oh we have two rescues so not totally sure of their flavour but one is a mostly fine but occasionally mardy lurcher and a OMFG I love everyone so much i must kiss them immediately terrier cross. 

Going to this place - http://www.cwmconnell.co.uk/

Thanks @dizzymoo for the earlier recommendation but the rules were a little too much for us on the dog front. 

47 minutes ago, Skoo said:

@H.M.V would you say having two dogs is double the work?

I am desperate for a second dog but my other half is nervous about it.

I got second dog to keep the other company. Dogs don't like being on their own and benefit from another dog. However do NOT get two bitches. Learned the hard way. Make sure if adopting you foster for a bit first to make sure they are compatible. Like humans dogs take a dislike to others sometimes. 

I would say two is easier as they run around together when out and you feel less guilty leaving them alone when you have to pop out. Only problem for us is less space on the sofa and enough hands to give two a fuss cos you can't do one and not the other. Lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

I got second dog to keep the other company. Dogs don't like being on their own and benefit from another dog. However do NOT get two bitches. Learned the hard way. Make sure if adopting you foster for a bit first to make sure they are compatible. Like humans dogs take a dislike to others sometimes. 

I would say two is easier as they run around together when out and you feel less guilty leaving them alone when you have to pop out. Only problem for us is less space on the sofa and enough hands to give two a fuss cos you can't do one and not the other. Lol

Cheers mate that is exactly my thinking too. My dog wants more playing time than we have to give him, he'd play for hours if we were prepared to do it, even after a long walk!  Another dog to wrestle with would make him very happy! We'd deffo get a female.

Thanks for the tips!

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Oh we have two rescues so not totally sure of their flavour but one is a mostly fine but occasionally mardy lurcher and a OMFG I love everyone so much i must kiss them immediately terrier cross. 

Going to this place - http://www.cwmconnell.co.uk/

Thanks @dizzymoo for the earlier recommendation but the rules were a little too much for us on the dog front. 

Looks like a nice place, H. Have you visited the area before? If not, I'd recommend St. David's and Tenby for visits. Both less than an hour away from where you're staying :)

53 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Looks like a nice place, H. Have you visited the area before? If not, I'd recommend St. David's and Tenby for visits. Both less than an hour away from where you're staying :)

Not familiar with the area at all. I'm more au fait with North of Porthmadog. We may have to extend the holidays due to work on the house so also looking at Cornwall and Devon. (Been to Dorset - lulworth many times)

1 minute ago, Quark said:

How much longer is the place going to be out of commission @H.M.V?

Dunno. Just been told our apartment should be ready by the end of next week. I'm not convinced as we've heard that for the last 3 weeks. House not till at least mid august. Bum squeeking for wedding.