Does anyone have a spare programme?

gooner1990

On 28/06/2017 at 5:34 PM, Chipbarm said:

Only £28!!!

My understanding/theory here is that they can claim that £28 of the ticket price is for the Programme, and you don't pay VAT on magazines/printed material.

If this is the case, it could save them c£600k on their VAT bill (based on very quick maths).

3 minutes ago, Alty Mike said:

My understanding/theory here is that they can claim that £28 of the ticket price is for the Programme, and you don't pay VAT on magazines/printed material.

If this is the case, it could save them c£600k on their VAT bill (based on very quick maths).

For my job, I need to know about VAT on printed matter, so would just like to clarify that you are correct in thinking you don't pay VAT on magazines, but you do pay VAT on some printed matter- the lanyards for example, would have VAT on.

Bloody hell I am boring sometimes!!! As you were!!! 

:)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lucyginger said:

For my job, I need to know about VAT on printed matter, so would just like to clarify that you are correct in thinking you don't pay VAT on magazines, but you do pay VAT on some printed matter- the lanyards for example, would have VAT on.

Bloody hell I am boring sometimes!!! As you were!!! 

:)

I guess that is why the landyards are given out for free as a gift by the Guardian (as sponsors) and probably no costs to the festival. 

Are we really onto this after less than 2 weeks? What will we be talking about in 2 years!

On 28/06/2017 at 6:39 PM, H.M.V said:

I picked up one from a shitty camp next to ours on the way back from our bin drop.( Not literally shitty just abandoned and messy)

I'm after a few though cos my friend is making my wedding bouquet and buttonholes from them if any spare after the requests for spares are met. 

(Met future hubby at Glasto via efests so relevant nod to the festival)

Have you asked the festival, I wouldnt be suprised if they had loads left given the piles I saw still at Gate A when I left midday on Monday.

Have a great wedding day.

On 2017-6-28 at 6:39 PM, H.M.V said:

I picked up one from a shitty camp next to ours on the way back from our bin drop.( Not literally shitty just abandoned and messy)

I'm after a few though cos my friend is making my wedding bouquet and buttonholes from them if any spare after the requests for spares are met. 

(Met future hubby at Glasto via efests so relevant nod to the festival)

Is it a programme or free press you're after HMV? I've got two programmes, and a spare copy of one of last years free press if that's any good? 

22 hours ago, Alty Mike said:

That's interesting ( it could also go in the conspiracy thread!) I wonder how the price is set? I guess there must be some sort of formula or rule or maximum? For example I'm sure they couldn't just say the programme cost £100 could they?

38 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

Is it a programme or free press you're after HMV? I've got two programmes, and a spare copy of one of last years free press if that's any good? 

Oh the free press from last year would be totally awesome if no one else wants it. x

40 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

No one wanted it last year so it's all yours. It was Thursdays iirc! 

Brill. I'll pm ya later when I've got some juice. I'd make some people real twitchy if they saw a screenshot of my battery right now. Skating on thin ice. 

On 7 July 2017 at 5:24 PM, Alty Mike said:

I guess that is why the landyards are given out for free as a gift by the Guardian (as sponsors) and probably no costs to the festival. 

Are we really onto this after less than 2 weeks? What will we be talking about in 2 years!

Place your bets! :)

Whilst leaving gate A last year there were still loads of boxes full of programs just sat there, some still on unopened pallets, if it wasn't Monday / I wasn't wrecked, I would have grabbed a box for eBay 

i grabbed one on the way out this year from a rubbish pile in oxylers 

my only memento from this year 

• 10 months later...

Having a tidy-up and found a couple of sets of last year's programme and free press (Thursday & Sunday).

Happy to send to a new home for the price of a couple of quid to cover postage.

PM me if interested.

IMG_4592a.jpg

Glad to see this thread - have some spares I couldn't bear to put in recycling and I'm not enough of an arse to sell on ebay for profit - one from 2017, two from 2010 and the Q Official Programme from 2007.  If anyone wants, just PM me

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2018 at 4:15 PM, idb said:

Having a tidy-up and found a couple of sets of last year's programme and free press (Thursday & Sunday).

Happy to send to a new home for the price of a couple of quid to cover postage.

PM me if interested.

IMG_4592a.jpg

Is that free press one see you all in how many days???