Sign in to follow this  
Upside down frowner

Getting campervan sticker off

I seem to remember someone saying moisturiser does the trick, I didn't bother with last years one on our Motorhome, came off all by its self on a trip to snowdonia, we seemed to generate a lot of condensation one night and that stripped it clean off the windscreen

I also saw moisturiser mentioned as a sticker remover in another thread.  I've never tried it but seems worth a try if you've got some.  I always use paraffin - just dab a bit on and give it a minute to soak in and any stickers will turn into a sludge you can wipe off without any effort.  I think some moisturisers contain paraffin or a similar spirit-oil.

Would nail varnish remover help with the scraps of adhesive. I stick mine on a plastic document sleeve and leave it on the dash. I've seen others just stick an edge on and leave the rest hanging off.

Use either Pledge furniture polish or Avon skin so soft.

Same method with either and as already said above it's the oil / moisturiser which slowly softens the adhesive. Spray on leave for a few minutes and wipe off as much as possible. Repeat a few times. It will leave a greasy film behind, wash off with soap and water.

Heat it up with a hair dryer. Get the window warm. Peels off nicey nicely. 

Don't stick it to the windscreen...stick it to a sheet of clear plastic (polypocket, acetate, whatever) then bluetack that to the window :D

On 7/4/2017 at 7:10 PM, tigertoo said:

Use either Pledge furniture polish or Avon skin so soft.

Same method with either and as already said above it's the oil / moisturiser which slowly softens the adhesive. Spray on leave for a few minutes and wipe off as much as possible. Repeat a few times. It will leave a greasy film behind, wash off with soap and water.

Never tried the polish/creme - but excellent avatar!