New Experiences

BlackHole2006

12 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

This was only my 2nd glasto so (first being last year's mud fest) so i actually ticked off a lot. 

Stone dragon, stone circle, fireworks, saw someone at the park and the gully and west holts. Didn't actually finish with a pyramid headliner at all! Went to the temple and the truth stage and about a zillion other stages in SE corner. Spent a night in Silver Hayes Area. Saw the craft fields.

I really feel like I got around the whole site this year, and actually managed to have some relaxing days. Still haven't seen the wood, and haven't been in the piano bar (but I definitely know where at least last year's location was...has it actually moved?) 

2019 is too far away. 

It's moved all of 100ft. Popped in on the Saturday night and it was a slightly different structure this year.

Spent the whole of Sunday night in the SE Corner. 

Probably got in about 8pm and left at 4am Monday morning. Never experienced it like that before and it was great. The steady stream of people from about 10 and then the surges from about midnight were impressive. 

Drank less than usual (not intentionally, it just happened) and felt a lot better for it.

Saw more acts at the smaller stages (especially Bimble Inn - anyone else see Sam Walker???)

Saw an act from start to finish at Arcadia and loved it.

Found and entered the Rabbit Hole.

New Experiences:

Ribbon Tower at night, met some lovely people that night too and we hung out for a good portion of the evening.

The Temple/UV Paint Fight, ended my weekend the right way with a good dance and getting covered in the UV paint dust, It was great fun something different, was glad I did it on reflection.

Finally seen an Arcadia Landing show or however they are called, saw it twice this year, both times excellent and so impressive.

Cinemagaeddon, bit unorganised but the set up is a winner and the location was so chilled and silent, I could see the appeal of it and one that I hope sticks around beyond 2019. I only went there for a refund but checked out the area while I was at it. Can only say good things, just was more up for an explore and a dance than a film that night.

Strummerville in it's high location, what a pleasant surprise, seen it before in other locations but this is the best of those by far, saw some music, sat on sofas, had some drinks, tried to learn some new languages and had some good conversation.

Loved the new Shangri La set up this year, though made the unfair ground feel really dated.

The new Temple is great and so good once you are dancing around inside of it.

Also how great was Greenpeace this year, something great going on every time I went through there. The most party I've ever seen it.

I'd also call it a new experience in that I never saw a single band perform on the Other Stage or sadly on the Glade even though it's my favourite stage generally. I never went to the Glasto sign (have done it most years in the past it's been there) and no stone circle sunrise, popped up to the field but never stayed for long and did see sunrise three times yet was elsewhere all three times.

Edited by MACDrob

12 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I went to Shangri-La at night and went dancing with @amfy. I'd never been there 'after dark' before (no, really!) and it was actually really good fun. Not sure I'd like it any busier than a Wednesday evening though!

I had no idea - it seemed to the kind of thing you do all the time - it was lovely to see Gaz relax and find his mojo in there! 

My firsts were -

My first time working

My first on my own

The first time I got to Strummerville.

Finally saw Mik Artistic and Lekkido lord of the lobsters (loved that act!)

Found the dragon!

Went up the look out point in theatre and circus.

Went inside the temple (never been in before)! 

Also found a hidden entrance in shangri-la which led to a green room where a woman did my makeup and glitter while telling me how famous I was! 

20 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

2017 was arguably a vintage year.

What new things did you do this year that you didn't manage to in previous editions of the festival? 

I tried MD for the first time and stayed up until sunrise on Saturday night. I've always wanted to pull a 6am but never wanted to take pills but Saturday night was so perfect it just felt like the right time to try it. Had an incredible evening and really enjoyed seeing the sun come up at the Stone Circle. Only problem was that Sunday night was a write off, I was so knackered that I spent the whole morning/afternoon sleeping in front of a stage in the Circus Fields. Saying that I'm definitely willing to experiment with other substances in 2019.

Are you my doppelgänger ? I did the same, sat in the drizzle drinking wine, holding my jaw in place and smoking like a madman about 6am until 8am up at the circle, then Sunday night was ruined from 8pm after another sleepless night. Then kicked off Sunday in circus tent chilling (waiting to come up again) before hitting the JP Tent. 

I wouldn't change a thing. 

19 hours ago, Watergirl said:

I watched a politician speak.  This wasn't planned at all.  I was at Leftfield for the Roundup as I wanted to see Steve Knightley.  Thought Jeremy Corbyn had been on at 12, as was the original plan.  I don't have a smartphone.

Realized then that JC was going to come on after the roundup (which was lovely by the way, also featuring Louisa from She Drew The Gun, and Ralph McTell) and thought I might as well stay.  Ended up on the barrier for the talk.  Definitely a first for me.

I was at that Roundup too. They were all brilliant, including the mass singalong to Sexuality :)

One new experience for me was being conned by two hippies in the green futures area. They had a basket and offered us some hash truffle things, 5 quid each or 3 for a tenner. We bought three and as soon as we took them and ate them we realised there was zero weed or hash or mushrooms or anything in them. We waited anyway for something but predictablly nothing happened. Can't believe even the hippies are out to screw you over now!

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms

I visited the kidz field for the first time with my friends and their toddlers. What a truly amazing place to be a child. I don't know how anyone ever gets their young 'uns out of there. Also visited the lost horizons sauna for the first time, which was very relaxing and did fine food.

Edited by TomfromStroud
meaning

Managed to make the fireworks and lighting of the phoenix-loved both, I am a big kid when it comes to fireworks. 

Made a copper bracket for my wife in the craft field to make up for missing our anniversary (didn't work :D)

Found the water dragon

walked in the woods near the JP

Visited the temple as the sun came u, still cloudy! Amazing three days deep on the party stuff and smiles are sometimes hard to come by, but we were beaming it was so good to dance to dusky in the open air with it packed. My mates went back Sunday/Monday when the paint was thrown about but said the music was a bit hit and miss.

First time in the front section at both Pyramid and Other and enjoyed it, didn't feel too packed in. Room to dance- been in many worst night club squeezes 

Great festival and ready for next one in two weeks