Sign in to follow this  
Ddiamondd

Iffy Turnouts

Bbk was smallest other headliner crowd I've ever seen.

They should have swapped places with flaming lips on friday, I think it would have been better for both acts (but mainly better for me as I had to miss the flaming lips for radiohead)

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes seemed very quiet to me :lol:

In all seriousness I thought Laura Marling was like a ghost town for the first half before I left, especially considering Saturday's attendance. 

8 minutes ago, amfy said:

This is a shame. I arrived straight from my shift at The Glade Bar at 11pm and saw that the entrances were blocked with people. I I decided that I was determined to find a way in and for once I was really going to be that person who turned up at the last minute and found a way through. I had worked really hard but was determined to finish my festival with something  really fun to make me smile.

Turns out there was masses of space inside and once I got past the idiots stood at the exits, I was able to wander freely right to the front! Right through the set I was thinking that there would have been more people in there if those people had moved in a bit further!

He had a good crowd - enough for a good atmosphere, and for it to feel like a proper crowd, but 

Pfew enough to be able to really dance and interact with those around you, but I knPew it could have been fuller and you have confirmed this to me.

Where you wearing a Shelter t-shirt? If so, you were by us :)

4 minutes ago, mazola said:

They should have swapped places with flaming lips on friday, I think it would have been better for both acts (but mainly better for me as I had to miss the flaming lips for radiohead)

Nooooo i was pleased as hell with the Flaming Lips slot as finally got to see them, no chance if it had been Saturday

16 minutes ago, mazola said:

Alt J wasn't much bigger

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Where you wearing a Shelter t-shirt? If so, you were by us :)

Yes that was me! Now I am somehow embarrassed because I was happily acting under the illusion that no-one knew me there! :P

Warpaint to me looked like a standard Park audience during the day, maybe even worse

Last row pretty much at the sound stage

Just now, amfy said:

Yes that was me! Now I am somehow embarrassed because I was happily acting under the illusion that no-one knew me there! :P

:D No need for any embarrassment, I just saw someone having a great time, same as me.

49 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Alt J are on their way out of being a band of stature, so it doesn't really surprise me to hear all the above.

Yup, shouldn't have headlined it and not against FF

46 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I just think other headliners were pretty poor this year. Compare this years to last years. Disclosure, New Order and LCD Soundsystem seem a lot stronger than this years trio.

There seems to have been a lot of strange placements this year.

I agree tbh.

Small crowd for me was Lorde.

28 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

It was, but it was a good crowd. 

I didn't really notice how big Mark Lanegan's crowd was because I was near the front and didn't really look behind me.

Ha ha, I've done this loads of times.

In fact, if it wasn't for pesky efests I would live in blissful ignorance of how small a crowd some of my favourite bands pull at festivals.

Imagine my horror a few years back when a drunken me ran riot in a packed tent at Reading watching at-the-drive-in blow every other band out of the festival, only to read on here when I got home that the tent was empty and the band was shite, ha ha.

54 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

AyWhen my mates dragged me out of Radiohead on Friday Major Lazer was popping Off. Not much room over there. 

I left radiohead at 11:15 and walked past the other- it was busy enough right back to the walkway most of the way round

59 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Off topic: tried to see shaggy at the gully Sunday night and couldn't even get close enough to even have a view of the stage. 

I was in the gully. Plenty of room in there. My mate went to the toilet and couldnt get back in. There was thousands outside, but there was plenty of space inside

47 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I think you would be better seeing Radiohead at their own gig anyway. Much better to have a dance and party at a festival. Not sure what shapes you could pull to Radiohead :D

I'm pretty sure I managed to bust some good moves, in my head, anyway...!

49 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I joined a group of 7 at Radiohead after dashing over from Anderson Paak. They were standing way way back just chilling. Six of the 7 left about 20 minutes later and the two of us who remained walked closer. We got to the middle of the sound desks without a hint of a crowd to speak of - and I imagine the sides were even sparser. Was a very enjoyable section of the crowd though I must say. Made that last hour or so a fantastic experience. 

That's where I was and the crowd, myself included, was in some sort of dream land

After dreadzone I popped to BBK, where the crowd was pretty smallish, then through Justice which had quite a vast crowd for west bolts, then to Ani Difranco on the acoustic, who was great but hardly anyone was there!

On Radio One earlier they were talking about somebody who had such a secret set that nobody turned up, didn't catch who though. I heard them refer to Lilly Allen but pretty sure it couldn't have been her?

4 minutes ago, alibear said:

I'm pretty sure I managed to bust some good moves, in my head, anyway...!

I used to think I could dance. Unfortunately I have been caught on camera at this years festival. It fair to say my moves are not as good as I thought they were:rofl:

1 hour ago, alibear said:

We went to check out BBK about 20 minutes in. It was busy up to the sound tower thingy but practically deserted beyond that. 

It filled up after Kano finished on The Park. They had a massive crowd after that. I think people who are into their grime thought they would try and do both, as Kano started at 9. 

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

When my mates dragged me out of Radiohead on Friday Major Lazer was popping Off. Not much room over there. 

Couple of mates went and said it was one of the best headline sets they'd seen at Glasto, not even big fans as well. 

3 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

It filled up after Kano finished on The Park. They had a massive crowd after that. I think people who are into their grime thought they would try and do both, as Kano started at 9. 

Yeah, probably. I was actually quite happy is was empty as I wasn't really feeling it, which gave me easy access back up to Arcadia for Groove Armada!

Edited by alibear

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Couple of mates went and said it was one of the best headline sets they'd seen at Glasto, not even big fans as well. 

They did put on a show. Not a massive fan but definitely enjoyed myself. High energy entertainment. 

Edited by MetaKate

1 hour ago, Bonaneas said:

Well I did say a few weeks back that she was nowhere near big or suitable enough to sub the other stage at Glasto. 

TBH I hadn't even noticed she was on the line-up until seeing this. I think she is probably big enough, but probably a similar fan base as Eddy Sheeran, who would have already been heading to the Pyramid for a good slot.