Money

Junglist1981

How much did you spend this year??

We somehow spent £550 :blink:

That's between 2 "adults", a toddler whose diet consisted mostly of fruit, pasta and milk, and a 9 year old who was only there for 2 days.

In previous years without the kids we've always kept it under £300, can't work out how the kids have cost us an extra £250! If anything we were buying less drinks.

Did I spend £200 at that awesome gateaux place maybe? Who knows. Was food more expensive perhaps? Saw a few places advertising meals for a tenner each.

Oh well, you only live once and can't take it with you etc etc 

Just now, Jugtanion said:

£250 between the wife and me and came back with about £20, that was after splashing £30 on an air bed on Thurs eve because the one we took malfunctioned.

All in all a standard year.

See that sounds exactly like our standard year. I can't for the life of me work out how we spent so much.

Might of bought a couple of rounds but nothing excessive. 

Had to buy a replacement hat and sunnies, maybe £15 in total.

Apart from that it was just food and beer.

We spent less this year, about £200 between two of us - pretty much spent on food (lunch and a snack each), healing fields massage and replaced leather strap on bracelet for him, new hat anfd Glasto vest top for me, and a celebratory last night Brothers pint on Sunday at midnight before bed. We took our own beer and cider, and aren't super heavy drinkers.

Took £200, put £20 towards parking/petrol and came home with £45 so on site I only spent £135. I did bring a lot of booze and came home with a lot too. I would have spent a lot less but due to being too far from the tent / car when I ran out I went to the bar. 

14 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Planning to go in 2019 for the first time (ticket dependent of course; that's why it'll be the first time:(); so will be keeping an eye on this to see how much to budget in addition to the cost (can always spend it on a holiday or another festival if I don't get a ticket). Be nice if people could give useful tips for saving money as well.

Bring all your own food and drink, don't buy any merch. Can't really get any cheaper than that. There is no walled-off arena like other festivals, so there's nothing to stop you taking your own stuff around all day.

To be honest, I have an atrocious lifestyle at festivals.  Peanuts, hobnobs, breakfast bars, then some carrots, apples and oranges. It's not much but I don't really feel hunger, it's only for a few days, and I find I'm usually too preoccupied by seeing music to fit in meal times (but I really wouldn't recommend it!!). I took about £200 but only spent about £40 including a T-shirt. Probably spent about £70 on food and drink beforehand (most of that on alcohol), though I ended up taking 3 times as much alcohol as I needed so I'll definitely cut that down next year - though I think the hot weather meant I didn't really feel like drinking this time round.

Edited by fowls

13 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Planning to go in 2019 for the first time (ticket dependent of course; that's why it'll be the first time:(); so will be keeping an eye on this to see how much to budget in addition to the cost (can always spend it on a holiday or another festival if I don't get a ticket). Be nice if people could give useful tips for saving money as well.

I spent £37. Bought 2 meals and a few drinks/snacks. Otherwise brought all my own food and drinks with me, and didn't feel too hungry a lot of the time...! A lot of people were laughing at me for bringing cooking equipment but it was actually nice going back to the tent to cook as our group always split up during the day, so it was a good chance to reconvene! You can definitely do it on a budget if you're able to bring drinks and stuff to cook with you. I think it helps that I'm not a beer/cider drinker (and don't tend to drink much generally), so I brought spirits which were light enough to carry.

£360ish between two of us. We don't take food so that's 2 meals each a day. The beer was too hot to drink on the Wednesday so that's all the booze on that day and the odd pint/brothers/pimms here and there. My misses loves the craft fields so she made a flower headband in there and got her hair braided and bought enough glitter for every man, women and child on the planet. Oh and we splashed out £25 on a double air bed! Not a bad return I'd say. 

About £600 between me and my wife. We took loads of booze out with us but interspersed drinking that within buying booze from different bars as we came across them. We also ate a lot more than previous years. Basically we had a more complete Glastonbury this year and spent longer out and about and had much later nights, due to it being just us two together meeting up with mates every now and again, rather than a big group together.

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

See that sounds exactly like our standard year. I can't for the life of me work out how we spent so much.

Might of bought a couple of rounds but nothing excessive. 

Had to buy a replacement hat and sunnies, maybe £15 in total.

Apart from that it was just food and beer.

I can spend £20 on food in one hour if I've had a smoke and condition my stomach with something delicious, if the lady does as well then I do start to worry about a trip to the cash point, but I think there are long periods when we don't eat and are just filling ourselves with the booze we've taken in. Did have some decent food this year, the standard seemed higher somehow, although that's for a different thread.