Suicide Tuesday

Bonaneas

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back at work tomorrow for a 10 hour shift, and I've got 6 days in a row. Sounds horrible now but I feel like in 2015 (my worst Glasto comedown that I thought was never gonna end) I actually felt much better once I was back at work and around people again. Only left the house once so far since getting home and the only person I've really spoken to (in person) has been my dad. Hoping being back around work friends will help me out.

I've also been getting the urge to randomly cry all day. Some tears crept out at one point but tonight I've had a few beers and watched Justice back and it's the first set I've watched back that hasn't made me upset, so hopefully I'm crawling out of my awful post-Glasto blues.

I'm feeling more depressed as the week goes on it seems. Maybe it's because Glasto is making me realise I need to shake up my life a bit, like get a new job that I actually enjoy.

Anyway been listening to Afriquoi, takes me back to last Saturday at the west holts stage dancing in the sun with a Brothers in my hand. :( 

On 2017-6-28 at 4:36 PM, liamium said:

Yeah. the bit where everyone cries twice daily for no apparent reason. 

There is nothing wrong with showing emotion, I was only pulling your leg.

Truth be told I have not exactly been at my peak since returing and it has left me more than a touch deflated. 

I only seem to cry though when we beat United :D

Had a horrifying post Glastonbury experience. Left my parents house in the UK to fly back home to New York at 10am Tuesday. 5pm flight was delayed til 9pm, kept getting delayed as time went on, 10 hours after being in the airport we're told it'd been cancelled (midnight), no reason at all given (still have no idea why it was cancelled), very very little communication from the terrible Norwegian airlines. We weren't even told that another had been rescheduled (or told anything at all)) for another 2 hours - so I was in limbo, looking at other flights, stranded etc. Finally got told it was being rescheduled for 10:30am, ended up taking off at 12:30pm. Airline provided no accommodation so I spent the night on the floor at Gatwick. Spent a horrible 21.5 hours at Gatwick altogether, flight was 19.5 hours late, got to my home in New York about 36 hours after leaving mine. Couldn't feel further away than from being at Glastonbury :(

36 minutes ago, danielharris627 said:

Had a horrifying post Glastonbury experience. Left my parents house in the UK to fly back home to New York at 10am Tuesday. 5pm flight was delayed til 9pm, kept getting delayed as time went on, 10 hours after being in the airport we're told it'd been cancelled (midnight), no reason at all given (still have no idea why it was cancelled), very very little communication from the terrible Norwegian airlines. We weren't even told that another had been rescheduled (or told anything at all)) for another 2 hours - so I was in limbo, looking at other flights, stranded etc. Finally got told it was being rescheduled for 10:30am, ended up taking off at 12:30pm. Airline provided no accommodation so I spent the night on the floor at Gatwick. Spent a horrible 21.5 hours at Gatwick altogether, flight was 19.5 hours late, got to my home in New York about 36 hours after leaving mine. Couldn't feel further away than from being at Glastonbury :(

Appalling stuff! Read up on EU law while it still applies, even though you flew to a non-EU country on a non-EU airline. You're due compensation. 

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Edited by majormajormajor

5 minutes ago, milly16 said:

The flood gates have just opened again. I don't know what to do with myself, i haven't moved from the sofa all day and i don't want to eat.

Lets all just go back and sit at the stone circle

Just go to the beach and grab a few pebbles 

Well coming back to the real world has been extra hard for me this year. Not helped by lack of any plans to look forward to, having a rubbish time at work and prospect of pretty miserable birthday this weekend.

Felt tired all week which I've now put down to an on coming cold. Maybe will skive of work tomorrow and start the weekend early, hopefully things will start to pick up soon. 

Edited by I am Jon

After feeling ill yesterday, work wouldn't let me come back in today due to "infection risk". Which is ridiculous, since everyone knows if I was infectious it'd be for a good 1 or 2 weeks, which would require a doctor's note which I'd never be able to get.

Back to work on Friday... got a week booked off from Tuesday, so looking at 2 days back at work.

Feeling a bit guilty really.

Edited by fowls

1 hour ago, liamium said:

eating a ridiculous amount of crap. don't know where that's come from but my diet has been gross since getting back. reckon i'll be fine after a weekend of not moving at all

I've been trying to eat healthyish, but I have been constantly peckish. I think it must be tiredness manifesting itself. Massive lay-in tomorrow should hopefully sort me out!!

On 27 June 2017 at 7:16 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I'm still buzzing looking at ways of using Glastonbury as a stepping stone to turn my life around from the depressing day to day job I currently have ... just the kick up the ass I need !!

This! Exactly this! Coming home and returning to my drone like 'career' (what a joke that was) used to really really bring me down. I'd eye everyone in the office, mentally deriding them for not realising that what they were doing really didn't mean anything, and wondering why didn't they just 'get' it. 

Im now a full time mum. I hankered after being a home educator but wasn't in the right place emotionally when that time came. My youngest two are due to start school in September but I don't know how one will take to it, and I see the seeds against state education have been sown in my eldests' mind, so it's really only a matter of time before he insists on being home schooled. But I want to work around all that. Earn enough to live on whilst doing something worthwhile; giving something back yet not being a puppet for the man. 

2016 was a bad comedown for me. My lovely mother in law fell ill while we were there and we found out she had cancer. From being told they were going to operate and start a course of chemo, we were then told it was too advanced. We left on the Sunday as soon as there was space to get our campervan out of the corner we'd parked in. I bawled my eyes out for the whole drive home while listening to coverage on the radio. She passed away a year ago yesterday, so this year has been a bag of mixed emotions in addition to being one of the better ones. I spent Wednesday in a fug, barely able to function. I've only just started on the laundry and unpacked the campervan. But it's Friday so as soon as the kid is home from school we're going to fire up the BBQ, crack open some cider, and watch some footage while in the garden. 

14 minutes ago, Wondermum said:

This! Exactly this! Coming home and returning to my drone like 'career' (what a joke that was) used to really really bring me down. I'd eye everyone in the office, mentally deriding them for not realising that what they were doing really didn't mean anything, and wondering why didn't they just 'get' it. 

This has been me since I came back to work on Wednesday. I've been spending a lot of time trying to work out what else I could do instead of my 9-5, but I lack any real talent in anything so it's pretty difficult.

Ive been having an absolute beast this week. Emotionally all over the show, went straight back to work on Tuesday and just had the worst working week, and then managed to lock myself out after the school run yesterday so me and the kids sat in the shed on camping chairs and watched goosebumps on my phone until the husband returned from work. Added to the fact that I cant handle any glastonbury videos or footage without crying...I need to snap out of it now. Going to get in the camping chairs and drink out of my steel cup while watching the highlights tonight and just get it all out of my system!

1 hour ago, liamium said:

eating a ridiculous amount of crap. don't know where that's come from but my diet has been gross since getting back. reckon i'll be fine after a weekend of not moving at all

I've not been eating too bad, but I've had such a craving for fruity/sweet things. I've been necking squash when I usually only have it when hungover and have even bought lots of actual fruit (plus fruit ice lollies) when at best I struggle to eat an apple a day.

Think I need to go to the pub for some beer to rebalance myself.

think i've just realised what's so hard about this one. it was my first glasto in this particular job, which has me completely by myself for 8 hours a day, 3/5 days a week. so i think it's just too quiet, i'm a bit lonely and stuffing my face with crisps and sugary coke.