Fluffy Rock Cafe

angelofharlem

5 hours ago, angelofharlem said:

I have enjoyed visiting the Fluffy Rock Cafe over the years and have seen some great bands there (and had some good cocktails).  Was disappointed that it is no longer there..I wonder why and whether it will return.

They had a stall selling egg and bacon rolls.

I don't know why either. Was really sad to hear it was gone.

7 hours ago, wetwipes said:

Ooh , whereabouts? *wants information cannot possibly use for 700 or so days

Honestly don't remember. Definitely somewhere central so around the Pyramid/west holts/left field/Willian's green markets. And on one of the thoroughfares rather than at a stage. But there are so many around there they all tend to merge into one. Meant to snap a pic but forgot.

The fluffy rock was sadly missed this year.

It was a great place to eat early doors,drink and hear good music all day and drink and dance when the main stages stopped, the landlord was called Martin and he was also very entertaining.

Bring back the fluffy rock the open arms is shite!

I enjoyed a rather tasty egg and bacon bap from here on the Sunday, thought it was nicer than a run of the mill effort and thought to myself would go again. The lovely lady serving was looking forward to getting mashed on her only night off that evening! It was located opposite -ish the Cornish arms if my memory is correct.

On 6/29/2017 at 6:09 PM, Jah_Roots said:

their stand was on the main market bit up from the pyramid.

seemed to have stopped doing good value tasty egg rolls and moved to just churning out overpriced crap.

i didn't eat from there this year but a friend did and that was the opinion.

Yes I was very sad to see it as but-a-shadow of its former self. It was something to do with buying ingredients from the wholesale markets that prevented them doing the full-on tent I believe. Hope they can return in 2019!

But I quite liked the Open Arms.... :ph34r: