Charli XCX - one of us

Amy Lawn

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, jparx said:

How about Pyramid after Diana Ross and before Taylor's sub? Bangin afternoon right there.

Too high for her tbh. Give her second or third slot on Friday to get things going off, leaves her the rest of the weekend to take so many pills she falls outside of space and time for a little bit.

• 10 months later...

Been thinking there’s a chance she might be moved from JP headline. I have some gut feeling they could move her to Other sub if they are missing one.

Dua posted a photo with Charli a while ago saying they were looking forward to glasto 2021. Perhaps Charli into Dua on the other stage?

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Been thinking there’s a chance she might be moved from JP headline. I have some gut feeling they could move her to Other sub if they are missing one.

Dua posted a photo with Charli a while ago saying they were looking forward to glasto 2021. Perhaps Charli into Dua on the other stage?

I think they'll stick with having her headline JP, he new show is very lightshow heavy and she's been grinding her way up the lineup year by year. this is her moment. 

6 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I think they'll stick with having her headline JP, he new show is very lightshow heavy and she's been grinding her way up the lineup year by year. this is her moment. 

:(

Just a bit salty at the potential Dua / Charli clash. Seems a bit dumb 

3 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

If it's the same as this year, then charli is on the sunday and dua the saturday. If due to new headliners etc, they end up clashing i'd be surprised. 

Have you given us some kind of exclusive? Because Taylor and Charli clashing is even worse

• 1 year later...

So is anyone else listening to the leak?

I’ve seen a few of her fans have pointed out that she seems a bit blasé this era. They think it’s because this is the last album she has to do with her current label before moving.

They’ve also pointed out that a few of her songs sound like they were written for someone else. If you close your eyes listening to Good One’s / Baby it sounds like Dua Lipa could be singing it. Try it! It works! Both tracks sound like they could have been on future nostalgia. 

I haven’t listened to the leaks but it seems like this is a more straightforward pop record and less experimental. I really enjoyed how I’m feeling now and I was hoping we’d see more in that direction, but who knows! Maybe that is to come?

Hope I can catch her on the farm.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve seen a few of her fans have pointed out that she seems a bit blasé this era. They think it’s because this is the last album she has to do with her current label before moving.

They’ve also pointed out that a few of her songs sound like they were written for someone else. If you close your eyes listening to Good One’s / Baby it sounds like Dua Lipa could be singing it. Try it! It works! Both tracks sound like they could have been on future nostalgia. 

I haven’t listened to the leaks but it seems like this is a more straightforward pop record and less experimental. I really enjoyed how I’m feeling now and I was hoping we’d see more in that direction, but who knows! Maybe that is to come?

Not gonna listen to the leak ‘cause I cba with all that shit anymore, but I’m pretty sure she’s been promoting this album as her ‘sellout era’, so obviously she’s going for obvious hits in the hope of getting a bit of chart success (and then throwing hissy fits on Twitter when people tell her the singles have largely been a bit shit).

I don’t think the singles have been up to her usual standard tbf and I’m not expecting the album to be incredible, but y’know… she’s got enough belters that I’m sure her set will be mega fun.

Guessing she’s back headlining John Peel so no chance of seeing her, but she’s playing multiple times at Primavera so hoping I’ll get at least one chance to catch her there. 

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Any idea where I could find this leak, eh?