Name and Shame

worthyraver

12 minutes ago, Newtoit said:

I think this is absolutely disgusting and presumably illegal behaviour.

I hope that the people responsible are found and dealt with formally by the police - 'crying wolf' in this way could actually ruin someone's life and distract authorities from real issues. 

I would just like to say though, having read a number of the Facebook posts, it is necessary to make sure that the girl being 'named and shamed' is actually one of those responsible / involved in lying to security.

One Facebook post made by a woman working at Glastonbury who witnessed this being reported said that the two girls where wearing dark tops (not like the one in the photo). The girl in the photo may have put a jumper on or been part of inciting others to make the report, but I think it is important that the right people are dealt (harshly) with.

It would be ironic if all of us who are rightly outraged by the unjust accusations levelled at this man actually create a situation where a girl has equally unjust accusations levelled at her and no right of reply.

Please let me be clear - the people Responsible should most definitely be identified and dealt with by the police.

I think I stated on the FB post to be very careful as naming and shaming can backfire, if they were willing to go to these extremes I don't think they will worry about taking the FB post further , as much as this is abhorrent don't get angry get even... get some advice even from CAB and make sure the picture of those published is correct as if not someone could be in big trouble .. Don't let it rest and if there is something legally to do then pursue ...too often we let things go after the event when we shouldn't. It was a despicable act and should be punished