Is it busy travelling in on Monday to pick up

SpeJus

I need to pick up my daughter on the Monday after the festival and will be driving down from Cambridgeshire to do this.  Is the traffic a nightmare in both directions when you get to Reading or is the ingoing journey not too bad.  Just wondering what time to pick up

• 1 month later...

Been going to Reading Festival for the last 20 years and have always gone by car, we always leave on Monday morning between 8am&9am and though the traffic is heavy both ways along Richfield Av it is moving.

Richfield Av is the main road where most people get picked up from, but parking is limited as there are barriers all the way up Richfield Av to stop people from parking, but people just pull into a driveways that belong to the factory's that are along Richfield Av and wait there.

I would set a time to pick up and make sure they are there waiting as you don’t want to be driving up and down all morning.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2017 at 0:52 PM, SpeJus said:

I need to pick up my daughter on the Monday after the festival and will be driving down from Cambridgeshire to do this.  Is the traffic a nightmare in both directions when you get to Reading or is the ingoing journey not too bad.  Just wondering what time to pick up

fully agree with wobble - its hectic - If I was picking someone up I would tell them to walk to the petrol station { near the roundabout } as that way you will be able to wait if they are late - sure there is tons of people who just pull up on Richfield Av but this can delay the traffic as they load - far better to have a fixed place where  you will have access to and your not holding anyone up - as for time I would suggest 6am because later its a sea of people + there will be loads of Coaches arriving -

Image8.thumb.jpg.17413967238c5aaefdd18165a31204f9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Last year they blocked off the petrol station to stop pick-ups at certain times - not sure about Monday morning.
An alternative pick up point could be just the other side of the bridge in Caversham - there's a Waitrose with a big car park (2hr limit).
Traffic is a lot better now but still not brilliant. My advice is either really early or really late - traffic clears up after 4pm.