Dick move of your festival......

waterfalls212434

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Had a guy at Arcadia ask me if I was a burner ? Must have seen the blank look on my face and as I replied no he said do you know what it fucking is ? I didn't but afterwards and a quick think / google search revealed the drug dealer meaning ?!  Not heard that expression before :( 

Burner = One who partakes in Burning Man festival

...as far as I know anyway!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt notice too much. Same as many others have mentioned. People pushing into try and get to the front when its already packed tight. People coming out, no problem, moved as much as possible to let them out.

Then we were standing quite a bit back for Ed Sheeran as my wife wanted to see him. Space got tighter and tighter until a tall guy wanted past, couldn't get any further and stood right in front of my wife, also blocking the view of those behind us. I did feel a bit sorry for him as he was trying to stoop down to lower himself and was asking his girlfriend to swap places with him.

We left then as my wife couldn't even see the screens and it was very tight in there! The way out it was a squeeze to get past a lot of people who complained and clearly didnt even attempt to move out of the way, all the while my wife wasn't feeling too good and of course tripping over some fecking chairs on the way. Ended up over at Mandela Bar and watched it from there with loads of room.

Edit : The idiot carrying food into people in the pit for Biffy Clyro, pushing in past everyone! Hope he spilled the lot over himself.

Edited by chrismcb

10 hours ago, BreadMakesYouFat? said:

... but I instantly clocked she had some sort of mental health, drug or alcohol problem. ...

... Minutes before Foos go on she taps me on the shoulder and asks to take my spot as she was shorter than me. I just said sorry on the grounds that A I’d been there hours, B I’d be rewarding her for her terrible behaviour, and C she was wearing a top hat, so I wouldn’t be able to see. ...

... The crowd then call security over, but they won’t remove her because it’s not an emergency ... 

... the people around me start cheering and yelling “go on, fuck off, everyone hates you.” Baring in mind she has some sort of mental health issue, no matter what she had done, there was no need for them to stoop to that level. ...

... I’m stood alone, sure I was the only one who saw anything wrong with their response, and wishing I had just let her take my spot. ...

Hi Bread, I've edited your post to show what I felt where the key points (to me anyway).

You clocking her mental health, drug or alcohol problem - what made you assume this if you don't mind me asking, as opposed to her being simply drunk (or "other") and just generally not a nice person?

If security wouldn't remove her because it wasn't an emergency, would it have been worth telling them about her mental state, and how you felt that made it an important to remove her (rather than say, offering her your place to placate her)?

You mentioned how you'd been there for "hours" to get your place, and how she was ruining everyone else’s experience - I would have thought that this was why people were annoyed.  Perhaps they didn't see the mental health issue, and just saw an annoying individual?

I'm just curious.  I saw your post and thought - "this will attract some attention". 

I get that she might have had an mental health issue, but is simply placting her really the best way to deal with it? 

1 hour ago, babyblade41 said:

Can someone tell me why this guys post was down voted down... what his wrong with some people 

It wasn't was it?

On the whole it was generally a positive experience. Except behind me at The Jacksons there was some middle aged bint moaning that there was too many people around, like she had some entitled right to have the best view in the field. There was a small gap a little infront that I couldn't really reach due to people directly in front of me so she decided to shout "move forward then, dickhead" and pushed me full force towards the gap. Safe to say it didn't go down well with about 20 people around me and she was hounded out of the crowd. Silly bitch. 

33 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Didnt notice too much. Same as many others have mentioned. People pushing into try and get to the front when its already packed tight. People coming out, no problem, moved as much as possible to let them out.

Then we were standing quite a bit back for Ed Sheeran as my wife wanted to see him. Space got tighter and tighter until a tall guy wanted past, couldn't get any further and stood right in front of my wife, also blocking the view of those behind us. I did feel a bit sorry for him as he was trying to stoop down to lower himself and was asking his girlfriend to swap places with him.

We left then as my wife couldn't even see the screens and it was very tight in there! The way out it was a squeeze to get past a lot of people who complained and clearly didnt even attempt to move out of the way, all the while my wife wasn't feeling too good and of course tripping over some fecking chairs on the way. Ended up over at Mandela Bar and watched it from there with loads of room.

Edit : The idiot carrying food into people in the pit for Biffy Clyro, pushing in past everyone! Hope he spilled the lot over himself.

RE: Food guy at Biffy, I saw a guy squeeze past an already tight crowd at foos, trying to eat a pork sandwich whilst having a pint in his hand and another wedged into the crook of his arm. If he made it without spilling any of that pint id be surprised...

23 hours ago, Jne___ said:

Managed to get close for the killers so can't winge too much - but a woman infront of us was face timing her mum the entire time. As long as someone isn't videoing the whole (televised anyway!!) thing I never mind too much about pictures - but having a broken picture of her mum looking bored watching the FaceTime right infront of you certainly took its toll

Yeah I was behind someone who did that at Haim too. Could have been the same woman!

Loud drunken idiots shouting nonesense at 4AM Monday in hitching Hill for a good hour or more. DId not get much sleep at all which I much needed. Neighbours also annoyed first asked them if they could "keep it down a bit", followed 5 minutes later by "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!". They left after that. 

Edited by Calvin Klein

Reading through some of this just underlines what I was saying to someone yesterday. Unfortunately out of 180,000 people there are going to be quite a lot of scumbags there. 

Some of it accentuated because of the drink/drugs whatever and some because that's just the kind of people they are - and some of anonymity offered by Glastonbury brings out the cowardly ones too. 

I can't get my head around someone who would throw a glass bottle into a crowd at a music festival.

15 hours ago, davefb said:

during the crush after KC when the railway had been shut... saw a girl in tears . think she managed to get to the side...
but idiots kept shoving thru when you could see nothing was moving...
bonkers...

The whole situation on the railway track was insane, the idiots behind either pushing or telling us to 'think fluid' as they wasn't 'really a blockage ahead', except there was a bloody great 4x4 coming into a wall of people.....:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Gozzynoko-Flow said:

Reading through some of this just underlines what I was saying to someone yesterday. Unfortunately out of 180,000 people there are going to be quite a lot of scumbags there. 

Some of it accentuated because of the drink/drugs whatever and some because that's just the kind of people they are - and some of anonymity offered by Glastonbury brings out the cowardly ones too. 

I can't get my head around someone who would throw a glass bottle into a crowd at a music festival.

I think saying there's quite a lot of scumbags is an exaggeration. If everyone has only got one or two stories of dickheads to talk about from all the people they came across then the scumbags are obviously in the very small minority. The people I cam across at Glastonbury this year totally restored my faith in humanity

but yeah the glass bottle thing is horrible

The glass bottle incident really put a downer on things for me.

I did see a lot of crushes going on, one of the worst was between XX and Radiohead down by the surge barrier on the left just before it curved outwards. We had a good spot for XX just in front of the barrier and were quite happy staying there for Radiohead but it seemed like everyone to either side of us was trying to go in the opposite direction.

There was literally nowhere for us to move to apart from over the barrier, I ended up putting my hands on the barrier with a couple of girls between my arms and held back the worst of the crowd. Security ended up stepping in to sort out that mess before it got any worse.

Unfortunately, we had things stolen from our tent as we slept on the Thursday night.  I've heard about that happening before but hasn't happened to me until now.

I usually sleep with anything valuable inside my sleeping bag but, for some reason, I'd opted to put my wallet under my pillow (inside the pillowcase).  Woke up to find the tent open, my wallet gone.  Girlfriend's money, cigarettes and alcohol also taken.

Bit of a grim start to the Friday.  Felt responsible for having not hidden things properly, for somehow not hearing this happen and waking up but the worst feeling was knowing that somebody had been climbing over our sleeping bodies to rummage under our pillows while we were sleeping.  Felt a bit uncomfortable after that.

Fortunately, we had a debit card hidden elsewhere that wasn't taken so had access to additional cash.  We decided to very quickly draw a line under it and refuse to let it ruin our weekend.  We had a beer and headed off to Hacienda Classical which cheered us up very quickly!

Funny how you interpret a thread title.  

My dick move of the festival was getting totally fucking annilated at the brothers bar on thursday. Friday morning was spent wretching and sicking.  And I had to go back to car which took 3 hours coz I was fucked

Edited by Aragorn

Generally I saw less twattish behaviour overall, but I did note that the main people being borish (pushing through crowds, talkng through sets before the band they wanted to see, taking pics of them and their mates when bands were playing and openly snorting coke in the pyramid field) seemed to be disproportionately wearing orange wrist bands. I'm assuming they were hospitality ones? 

We camped in Paines, and endured the same guy screaming about his ketamine between 3-5am on both the Wednesday and Thursday night. My friend politely and reasonably told him to quiet down, and he threatened to rape her and burn her tent down.

He came over to our camp on the Friday and apologised. He was there with a fake wristband. We should have had him kicked out.

One from me (I still feel bad about this) Hammered night, walking out of a busy crowd at night next minute i was face down on the floor. Turns out i had kneed a poor girl who was sat down in the face. Checked she was ok but she was in tears. My knees bruised. So i expect her face to be. Sorry again if your reading this!.

Also the absolute  weirdo we stumbled across at 6am who decided that he needed to inform us all later in the morning. That he use to "play" with his sister when they were younger... I hope you get the jist.... You weirdo. 

30 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Generally I saw less twattish behaviour overall, but I did note that the main people being borish (pushing through crowds, talkng through sets before the band they wanted to see, taking pics of them and their mates when bands were playing and openly snorting coke in the pyramid field) seemed to be disproportionately wearing orange wrist bands. I'm assuming they were hospitality ones? 

We were warned that the orange EPOs were the ones that had been counterfeited the most. Many/most (?) were crew bands but a lot of others also seemed to have them.

As to the dicks, thanks to the group of idiots at West Holts for Justice who took exception at the crowd dancing around them who were disturbing their spoons up noses every 5 minutes antics. Take it elsewhere.

Thanks (not) also to the various groups of scouse scallies trying to smuggle themselves and god knows what else in through various methods and gates, who decided to start abusing and threatening me for discovering them.

So, camping at the top end of Pennards, at abut 4:00AM on Friday some messed-up girl, with her reluctant-sounding fella, woke us up by threatening to come into our tent, telling us that she'd give us 30 seconds to get ready. After politely, and then not so politely telling her to go away she started to ask us whether the EU flag-bearing flagpole outside our tent belonged to us. At this point I lost my shit and told her to fuck off.

Next morning the flag pole was missing, save for spikes in the ground and the top section (which had a USSR flag attached to it, a veteran of a dozen festivals including 9 Glastonburys) which had been broken off - no sign of the red flag.

I was fuming at first, but decided to do my best to forget about it. My pals were more outraged than me.

Early hours of the next morning, sat around the nearly-deserted campfire in the tipi field, through the gloom I spot a flagpole near a tipi on the other side of the field. Surely not, I thought. Wondered over and lo and behold, it was my flagpole complete with green & yellow electrical tape, EU flag, and brown twine. It had been lashed to a tipi pole with a pashmina. What are the chances of that?

No sign of the red flag though. Rest in peace Old Glory.

Separate incident - anyone have any idea why there was a police presence in and around Camplight at Pennards on the Sunday night/Monday morning at 01:00ish? there were three or four ofrficers plus security milling around the tents.

Just remembered the biggest dickish thing I saw. Friday night at Anderson Paak, a couple of kiwis in the crowd next to us on the left. Had spoken to them a bit and they seemed nice guys, but then at the point when Mr Paak asked the crowd to sit down/go low, one of the guys slapped the girl in front's arse.

Probably the most angry I have ever got in a crowd at a festival, but I was so pleased by the reaction of everyone around including the girl herself - who turned around and gave them an absolute barrage of fully deserved abuse. They tried to backtrack and apologise but it was too late, she absolutely destroyed them and with the help of some of us around her we shoved the kiwis out of the crowd and told them to get to fuck. I was so proud of the way the girl handled herself.

Edited by mjsell

11 minutes ago, Copperface said:

We were warned that the orange EPOs were the ones that had been counterfeited the most. Many/most (?) were crew bands but a lot of others also seemed to have them.

As to the dicks, thanks to the group of idiots at West Holts for Justice who took exception at the crowd dancing around them who were disturbing their spoons up noses every 5 minutes antics. Take it elsewhere.

Thanks (not) also to the various groups of scouse scallies trying to smuggle themselves and god knows what else in through various methods and gates, who decided to start abusing and threatening me for discovering them.

It was these ones.....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GLASTONBURY-FESTIVAL-2017-UNCUT-WRISTBAND-/182629039100?nma=true&si=Jjk23xULbNwAf1baJ0FTyvu1%2B%2BI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1 minute ago, Levitz said:

Yep. However, the counterfeit ones had small differences/mistakes, which made it all the harder to check. That looks like a genuine one.

Just now, Copperface said:

Yep. However, the counterfeit ones had small differences/mistakes, which made it all the harder to check. That looks like a genuine one.

Yeah, not suggesting that one was dodgy, but it was the one I saw on the borish people mentioned above.

I generally though crowds were a lot more considerate this year and didn't really encounter any issues.

The only incident that did bother me was on Friday night at NYC Downlow, I headed down early and skipped headliners as I've always enjoyed it and find it a really fun venue. Queueing up and in front of me were a group of one girl and about five straight guys, she kept going on loudly about how they wouldn't enjoy it and how uncomfortable they would be. She seemed to be revelling in forcing her straight friends into a queer themed venue and watching them squirm. It put me on edge as it's the sort of behaviour I see in a lot of queer clubs my way and it can really ruin the atmosphere. As a gay bloke I don't wanna feel like I'm part of a safari trip for someone. Two of the blokes were incredibly pissed and once inside made complete tits of themselves, at one point coming up to me and a guy I was dancing with and doing an exaggerated camp dance, grinding up against us and essentially harassing us. Eventually he touched my ass one too many times and I told him in no uncertain terms to fuck off. I'd like to think that the same guy wouldn't go up to people outside that space and grope them uninvited or mock the way they act but it doesn't fill me with hope.

He then moved on to trying to get on the stage over and over again, being asked to leave by the acts performing and eventually being kicked off by a heeled drag queen. 

I love the fact that Johnny Woo puts on an unashamedly queer space at the festival and I love that it gives people who wouldn't normally visit those sort of places a chance to try something new. I went in with loads of straight friends over the weekend who had a great time and were respectfull. It's just the straight blokes who go in and out on overly camp mannerisms and harrass the actual LGBT people in there who fucking piss me off. Same thing that kills a lot of queer nightlife outside the festival.

But then I found the darkroom and had some fun so I soon forgot about it.