Dick move of your festival......

waterfalls212434

Can't believe I forgot to post my story.

During Radiohead some bellend kept on playing a Kazzoo intermittently. I told my mates if he doesn't it again I'll kick off.. he started playing along to the 'fade out again' lyrics to street sprit. I lost the plot, ran over to him and shouted 'play that fucking kazoo again and I'll shove it down your throat. Admittedly it was a bit aggressive of me but how selfish do you have to be to think people want to hear it.

In fairness to the guy he came over to me a few minutes later and was very apologetic, we hugged it out and he didn't do it again.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best dick move I saw was in the Arcadia crew bar on Sunday night just before the show.

A couple went into a compost loo together, started doing whatever it was they were doing when the door came off its hinges and tumbled down the steps closely followed by the women. They both then shiftily fled the scene with everyone in the bar guffawing to themselves.

Out of an absolutely amazing weekend only two stand out.....

A guy on Saturday night near the green fields entrance to the stone circles pretending to be hurt, like hobbling and screaming in pain, and when people, myself included went to check on him, he'd stand upright, grab his crotch, and laugh.

My wife took an amazing photo of the Biffy crowd and a girl behind us, instead of watching the amazing set going, decided to come over to us and tell us very rudely we weren't using the wide angle setting on the phones camera properly. It was all very odd as the photo is stunning. She and her mate said something along the lines of "you can't help idiots" to which we replied "your the fucking idiots if your watching how people are taking photos instead of watching this", pointing at the field and stage.

Both very odd moments in a weekend of pure magic 

50 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Not been to the acoustic tent for a few years now I think about it.

I went to see Wilko Johnson there (also hiding from rain) in 2015. Couldn't see a damn thing because of the rows of ladies standing on these steps. I'm only 5'2", so if I can do without them....

2 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

We went down the front from First Aid Kit onwards to get a great spot for Radiohead. Everyone except Kris Kristofferson really impressed us. We ended up second row back.

But even from before we were there, there were two guys maybe in their mid 20s sat on fucking camp chairs on the second row. Not even bothering to stand up and watch the acts playing a few feet away from them, just sitting down reading the festival newspaper waiting for Radiohead. Of course Royal Blood came on and a bit of a dangerous situation ensued, they remained sat down until they got knocked off their chairs and needed people to pull them back up so they didn't get stamped on. Then rather than giving his chair to the stewards, the idiot decides to hang on to his folded up chair which kept hitting my other half in the head. I gave him a modest but firm open handed slap on the head and yelled at him to give it to the steward which he did.

Just don't understand the mentality why you'd sit down on camp chairs in the second row reading the paper rather than watch the world renowned acts who are playing in front of you. 

To me this beggars belief, I just can't get my head round the mentality. We've not been averse to plonking a ground sheet down right at the back of the pyramid for day time acts, but as soon as you get to the headliner and people are streaming past then we pack it away and stand back. It's like people think they can claim a bit of land as their own regardless of how mindless remaining glued to the same spot becomes.

I didn't see anyone pissing on the land except for at the urinals by the pyramid on Sunday for Biffy. And only got pushed in at at the bar once all weekend, also pyramid Sunday at the Mandela bar. No need. 

Only true dickhead was a scouse lad at the toastie van up from Beat Hotel about 3am Saturday night. To be fair, the guy making the toasties was mashed and struggling with the complexity of the toasted sandwich maker. Missed the initial spark but the scouse lad got really angry, started swinging punches over the counter. His girlfriend was trying to calm him down but he broke free, stomped to the side of the van and went up the steps to go in the door punching and kicking. Think he took a few kicks and a head butt before he was dragged away by a mate. Seemed really out of place, and no need, whatever was said. Complete knob. Must admit I enjoyed the spectacle though. 

The self entitled twats at Father John Misty who were talking and singing Dido songs through the gig. Did my usual thing of just moving forward a bit but they did the same a song or so later. They left as soon as he'd finished so it wasn't even as if they'd been waiting for Phoenix.

If you're reading this either head to a bar for your conversation and karaoke, learn some respect for others or if you absolutely can't do either stay the fuck away from live music.

Really annoyed me. Had a go at them which was out of character for me.

Two for me:

JP tent on Sunday. A man in his 50s pushed his way to the front, literally shoving a young lady out of the way.  When he was challenged explained that he had a bad back and needed to sit down. Out came his mini chair between each band so he could sit (pushing everyone back). But then during the acts he was hands in the air, jumping up and down and at one point standing on the chair arms aloft (no obvious back issues).  My daughter was not impressed as he shoved her with his chair.

He asked security for a football that was in front of the stage to put in front of him during Frank Carter to protect from the crush (pushing everyone back). He caught the FC drummers stick and bragged about how he had 4 (the issue I have with this is that there is no way is he a FC fan and there were loads of guys in that audience who would have treasured that stick).

As the JP filled for the Killers he pushed everyone back so he could sit down.  When the Killers started out came the ball again and the guys behind him asked if he could only use it if there was a crush and he told them to move somewhere else if they didn't like it (but at this point there was instant Karma as a soft ball kicked by the security hit him square in the face - much suppressed laughing). It didn't end there, he only sang along to Mr Brightside (no need to be at the front when there was screaming girls desperate to get a look) and I saw him "flicking the V's" to the stage - when I looked, Jimmy Carr was in the corner of the stage and was getting this abuse.

Not a pleasant man at all.  But completely in the minority as everyone else we spoke to were brilliant. Probably a thread somewhere else for this topic; but I loved speaking to people and hearing their Glasto experiences (this year and the past), their tips and plans.  Really made my Glasto this year... thanks to them all.

The dick who ruined the second half of Radiohead for me. I was on my own near the front enjoying the set and this guy decided he HAD to have my space, and that physically standing on me was the way to do it (bear in mind I'm a 5ft 2 lass).  I asked him to get off me and he responded by having a go at me and trying to touch me inappropriately.  He wandered off but came back later and decided he wanted to challenge me to have a fight with him (wtf?!).  In the end someone had to call security over to have him moved. I'm forever grateful to the man next to me who kept an eye on me and made sure I was okay. It really put a downer on the night for me. 

1 minute ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

The dick who ruined the second half of Radiohead for me. I was on my own near the front enjoying the set and this guy decided he HAD to have my space, and that physically standing on me was the way to do it (bear in mind I'm a 5ft 2 lass).  I asked him to get off me and he responded by having a go at me and trying to touch me inappropriately.  He wandered off but came back later and decided he wanted to challenge me to have a fight with him (wtf?!).  In the end someone had to call security over to have him moved. I'm forever grateful to the man next to me who kept an eye on me and made sure I was okay. It really put a downer on the night for me. 

That is terrible, I am genuinely sorry for that anyone would have to put up with that and well done to the guy keeping an eye out for you!
If he had been at the Frank Carter gig, Frank would have chopped his head off and put it on a stick in the Park for you (these were Frank's words) and then eaten dick head burgers for a week.

just read every page to make sure I wasn't on it for being generally fucked and not noticed I was standing on some one / in front of some one / dancing like a spastic so much that my hands flailed and hit you .

I apologize 

The absolute clown and his group of mates who stood behind me about 7 rows from the front at Foos. We were all waiting for the band to come on and we're chatting with everyone. Two southerners from Yoevil to the left of me, my group and a huge Viking looking man to the right and his group were all having a great laugh before the gig. Then I suddenly felt my bag unzip on my back. It's not a huge bag before I get slated it's literally a bag for my five cans and my sunglasses case. I turned round and this kid was looking shifty while his girlfriend was laughing. I thought I must have been imagining it (fair amount of shandy deep) so left it. Then I felt him unzipping my bag again! Turned round and I was pretty aggressive asking him if he was trying to rob me and what his game was. He claimed it was his girlfriend and it was a joke. What kind of shit joke is that? So I don't realise and all my stuff in my bag falls out during the gig? What happens if I had my wallet or phone in there or something? Not cool you little shit. Soon went back in his shell after that and moved. 

Not one particular person but the amount of people trying to push past us at the national wanting to get good spots for the foo fighters. We were about 4 rows back on the right had side where the green fence is and about half way through there must have been 30 people pushing past us. Most of them were saying my friends are over there pointing to the middle as this gave them reason to push past everyone and ruin their enjoyment of a band. 

4 hours ago, Futurism said:

People having conversations seemed rife.

During Radiohead, we were quite near the front by the rear barrier, one woman kept shouting a name out, this turned out to be her dad, I think the son was with her as well. The dad pushed his way over to them, intoxicated, flag in hand and they proceded to have a conversation about what they had been watching that day, with me and my friend inbetween. I managed to get the man to move over next to his daughter but then had his flag dangling in mine and others peoples faces. Thankfully they left after about 20 minutes.

We all enjoy discussing our day with friends and family but please why not do it inbetween acts or even better when you get back to the tent.

I feel really sorry for those people who have had stuff stolen, let's please hope Karma will have the last laugh.

Think I was near for this- was it to the right of the barrier as you look at the stage? If it was they were really annoying- my friend asked them to put there( very short) flag down as it was wafting in people's faces! 

Also before Radiohead came on, a group of about 10 people were sat down, as it got busier and busier, people were getting squashed and they still refused to get up. Thought we were going to go flying if there was a surge. One of them said' you'll be so grateful when we stand up and you have more room' !!! What? Twats. 

51 minutes ago, Pandas said:

That is terrible, I am genuinely sorry for that anyone would have to put up with that and well done to the guy keeping an eye out for you!
If he had been at the Frank Carter gig, Frank would have chopped his head off and put it on a stick in the Park for you (these were Frank's words) and then eaten dick head burgers for a week.

I'm hoping he got his comeuppance at some point over the weekend.  Thankfully the rest of the weekend was incident free! Sounds like Frank carter has the right idea ^_^

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I confronted a wall full of people pissing on the floor at the door of one of the urinals and one of them gave me some clapback so I got up in his grill a bit.

First time I've seen someone simultaneously pissing and shitting himself.

I don't suppose this was at the ones near the Longdrops at the back of the West Holts field? Saw something very much like this there whilst queuing for the urinals!

During Royal Blood after some girl fell over my husband's wheelchair (full story on the "How Was it for You" thread). While I was bending down to attempt to fix the chair, some guy, who had seen what happened, gave me a faux-guilty look as he moved people out of the way to get past us. I was looking at the chair for a minute or so and when I stood up, said guy had plonked himself right in front of me, to the extent that I couldn't actually stand properly, and definitely not see a thing. The absolute definition of capitalising on someone's misfortune. Twat. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to vent this!

Edited by alibear

1 hour ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Lots of idiots for killers though, had the misfortune of trying to get out of the tent after frank carter....all I can say is if you see people looking crushed desperate to get out and into the fresh air dont fucking push them back as they are plainly trying to get out for a reason!!!!!!! 

I had a couple of minor panic attacks (after Craig David trying to leave pyramid) and getting to ed from JP side.

both times I had to push my way out of the crowd (whilst apologizing and explaining) but some people took issue and I got a fair bit of abuse.

if people are trying to LEAVE a crowd quite forcefully, it's likely they have a problem, they're not trying to push in!

The girl who shouted a racist slur at my friend whilst we were in the crowd, trying to walk back from Ed Sheeran. Unfortunately it was too crowded for us to properly call her out on it, and she then pushed her way through the crowd when we started trying to have words with her. Thankfully it didn't ruin my mate's night, but she was in tears and it took quite a while to calm her down. I really wished we could have got security to deal with that utter c**t.

Aside from her, the majority of people we came across were lovely!

Anyone else come across this on Facebook yet? Think it deserves a mention, possibly it's own thread. This girl needs tracking down so Karma Police can have their way...

Edit: Just seen it already has it's own thread

Edited by Jamie D