Dick move of your festival......

waterfalls212434

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Yeah definitely, I never saw who through it I just saw it land and smash. I hope they were caught and kicked out. The whole atmosphere of that crowd felt dangerous, it's the only time I was worried at any point in the festival and I've been in many a mosh pit. Glad I was wearing a helmet but I don't think I'll go to any future Courteeners gigs even though I like the music.

Went to many Courteeners gigs early on, always lively but last one was Mcr Castlefield in 2013 which was carnage and never been back since 

3 minutes ago, Slavivlad said:

Some prick who came with a self made hat that had several pointy edges (think they weer stars) and with me being taller than him - having to ensure that my eyes don't get gauged out whilst watching Solange. 

If you're going to wear a pointy hat at least make sure you're taller than almost everyone else around.

10 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Radiohead was the only place I found this a problem but just as I was about to say something they moved on and there was a collective sigh around me. There seemed to be a lot of people at Radiohead who were there for the "wrong" reasons - perhaps they should have just done the encore first, told those people that they were free to leave and played the rest of the set to those who wanted to listen.

There were people near me during Frank Carter who were clearly only there for the Killers who may well have been chatting but at a Frank Carter gig you can't hear them.

Yeah, good point. I must admit I am heavily biased towards 'early' Radiohead, and I would have preferred a slightly shorter, punchier set, however one of the beauties of Glastonbury is that if you're not enjoying something you can leave and see something else without feeling you've missed out. Some people seemed to be 'box ticking' and thought it was OK to chat while they were waiting for a song they liked!

The only one that sticks out to me was when at Birdy. I ended up leaving the tent to go sit outside as there were a group next to me who were just chatting the whole way through. I can only presume they were only there for whoever was on after. Just totally killed the atmosphere for me.

However, flip side. On either Wednesday or Thursday a guy came running up behind me, pint in hand a looking a bit puffed out to hand me a tenner that had fallen out my pocket. It's small things like that which make you smile. I was just upset I had no drink on me to offer as a thank you. 

Posted this yesterday...

Me and mrs had real problems getting out of the Pyramid field last night with people refusing to move even when asked politely, and we were heading UP the hill! One guy stepped across her to stop her, just to be awkward. she's handy enough, 5'10" and 'eased' past him but he swung at her. I was following, and I make no apologies for this, gave him a dig in the mouth for his trouble and fronted him up. I was sober and in control so nothing else happened but I've never seen that before at Glasto. 
Edited by Flysheet

When I left Radiohead's set, I had to pass quite a few people on the way, which I accept is annoying. I did so carefully, gently apologising as I did, trying not to disrupt things as much as possible. Then this happened:

Me (softly): Sorry about this 
Him (loudly): No you're not!
Me: I am actually. Just trying to get past. 
Him: You're not sorry! You couldn't give a SHIT!!

I took umbridge to the idea that I didn't care about disrupting people's enjoyment because I happened to be leaving while Radiohead was on. He was a bit of a dick. Unfortunately I didn't let that go without saying something whilst moving on, and the last I heard of him was the faint yell that I was a "very mean person". 

1 minute ago, bellboy said:

We had a great spot in the JP tent for King Gizzard and my mate decided to leave for a pee before Frank Carter - couldn't get back in.  That was a bit of a dick move!!!!!

At least he left, I saw 4 blokes pissing against the fence outside to the left of the stage during the Killers set. No shame just pissing away. I would get stage fright if I tried to piss there with so many people basically sitting watching. Knobs.

There was a lot of self entitled tw*ts this year, more so than all the times I've been.. literally walking through you, pushing you out the way and just basically blatant disregard for others!!

Shangri Last during Napalm death was Great, when the sun came down it was overrun with a***holes truly awful, never went back after that!

I will call out two specific incidents 

1) blokes pissing in the hedge opposite the loos at deluxe dinner, the queue took a few mins!!! Shouted at him on way past

2) women in late 40s during Royal blood was actually going to lob have a bottle of coke in the crowd!! Luckily her friend stopped her... WTF is actually wrong with people??

We went down the front from First Aid Kit onwards to get a great spot for Radiohead. Everyone except Kris Kristofferson really impressed us. We ended up second row back.

But even from before we were there, there were two guys maybe in their mid 20s sat on fucking camp chairs on the second row. Not even bothering to stand up and watch the acts playing a few feet away from them, just sitting down reading the festival newspaper waiting for Radiohead. Of course Royal Blood came on and a bit of a dangerous situation ensued, they remained sat down until they got knocked off their chairs and needed people to pull them back up so they didn't get stamped on. Then rather than giving his chair to the stewards, the idiot decides to hang on to his folded up chair which kept hitting my other half in the head. I gave him a modest but firm open handed slap on the head and yelled at him to give it to the steward which he did.

Just don't understand the mentality why you'd sit down on camp chairs in the second row reading the paper rather than watch the world renowned acts who are playing in front of you. 

20 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

However, flip side. On either Wednesday or Thursday a guy came running up behind me, pint in hand a looking a bit puffed out to hand me a tenner that had fallen out my pocket. It's small things like that which make you smile. I was just upset I had no drink on me to offer as a thank you. 

The exact same thing happened to me.  Can't remember the day but a girl came running after me to hand over the tenner that had fallen out of my pocket.  Warms your heart it does!

3 prats near the front spent the entire First Aid Kit set chatting and sharing 'bantz' - clearly box ticking exercise for them which I don't understand.

Chap and his female partner charging the stage during Sleaford Mods, pushing loads out the way (when you could easily pass through without too much difficulty), only to stumble and fall over someone, both go down, taking this innocent lady with them.  The offenders then have the gall to stand up and it's clear they're off their nut and proceed to start on the innocent party saying she made them fall and spouting a tirade of abuse.  Fortunately several people around stepped in and calmed the situation.  I just thought you pair of selfish c*nts.

Also the usual urinating next to a urinal and rubbish in the urinals.. winds me up that, totally unnecessary.

Edited by geoffboycott
missing words

First time, long time! It feels like a shame to complain about anything after such a brilliant festival filled with so many wonderful people, but thought I should share. 

I had just whipped round for the National to find my girlfriend who was watching Stormzy. As I arrived a chant of 'oh Jeremy Corbyn' was going up. Then a kid (18 or 19 so should have known better) turned to my girlfriend (who is mixed race), pointed at her and shouted 'oh get em deported'. In her first 24 years she says she had only had one instance of racial abuse, that's now 4 in 12 months. Sigh :-(

Anyway, after a moment to compose ourselves, we called him a c**t and went back to dancing to the brilliant black British musician tearing it up on stage with the thousands of other great people around us! :-)

At JP tent for the Killers moving towards the front even though it was absolutely rammed right up about 20M outside. 

'Excuse me mate, I'm trying to go through'..

Always gave a sarcastic, everyone else is happy not to see the band comment.

Also my mates for trying their best to ruin radiohead for me by complaining the entire fucking time. Wished they gone Dizzee Rascal and left me alone!

Edited by Wilfko

10 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

All the people who stand with their backs to the stage talking/trying to be the centre of attention for their mates.

Some guy behind me at The Killers was barging into me backwards while facing his mates, so I just nudged him back casually and he went flying. He soon turned back around after that. 

Also special shout out to the group of lads starting (in their words) a 'mosh pit' to Biffy Clyro while in the chair areas at the back. Then walking around acting like they were hard. Cringe. You can tell they've never been in a pit in their lives. 

Also I noticed the knobs were covered in glitter/uv paint, it's the universal sign of spotting a knobhead it seems. 

I hate having to post negative things but here we go.

• Radiohead. People clearly there just for Creep and talking throughout. My mate told them to shut up but only so much you can do. There was one group who were chanting "we only know two songs". I mean, come on.
  • People rudely pushing through the crowd. 
  • Some w*nkers we were camped by near Arcadia. They were shouting at 5am, saying racist, sexist and derogatory things. The women they were camped with found their twattish behavior funny and cackled as loud as they possibly could. Vulgar people. 

Saying all that, Glasto has some of the loveliest people you could ever meet so swings and roundabouts really.

Some arsehole literally barged into me with one hand aloft during dead kennedys at the truth stage. There was loads of room for him to walk around me but chose to walk right into me. I did shout at him and called him some things I don't wish to repeat on here. Thing is i would have swung for him if I had got the chance and I've never felt like doing that at glasto

The complete and utter tw*t who stole my mrs' fitbit from out of the tent whilst she was at the showers- makes it slightly worse that this was in the crew area too. Other than that the line of b*stards i seen p*ssing up against the urinal dividers during Foo Fighters, they were literally 5 yards away from the actual urinal. I think they should be automatically thrown out of site if you are caught doing this, such disrespect.

Edited by Doug85
spelling

Group of dickheads with a big baby stroller (child in tow) all sat down about three rows from the front in between The National and Foo Fighters right in front of me. People yelling at them to stand up as the pressure from people behind started to get a bit much and people started to topple on top of them, but they refused to get up. They finally stood up as the lights went down for Foos, put the child on one of their shoulders and chucked the stroller on top of the crowd to be carried over. I didn't see what happened with them during the gig, but I do know I was on the edge of a lot of mosh pits throughout so I can only hope the guy with the kid on his shoulders didn't get caught up in one. I'm all for kids getting involved and being in the heart of it all but that was annoying and dumb.

Some twat nicked our tent pegs on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I knew exactly who it was, as well because I heard them talking about it when they thought we were asleep. They had been a bit irritating all week, as it goes. It resulted in the Sunday morning light shower getting a load of our stuff wet, including our shoes.

Wish I'd have sliced their tent open, now I think about it