Rate The Performances You Saw Out of 10

mpdow2

Thursday: 
Showhawk Duo - 8 (we were outside the tent, couldn't see a thing. Still had a blast. Would have been a 10 with a better view).

Circa Waves - 2 

Everything Everything - 8 (only complaint is that it was too short and the tent is way too small for them, though I appreciate it's a tradition to have those sets there).

Friday: 

Hacienda Classical - 6.5

Charli XCX - 9

**worked a shift and missed First Aid Kit, Glass Animals and Lorde**

The Flaming Lips - 10 (best set I've ever seen at Glastonbury tbh).

Saturday: 

Gab Aplin - 7 (always difficult being early on a big stage but she was good).

Whitney - 8.5 (crowd wasn't great, which is understandable. either way, incredibly talented and good fun on stage)

some band on the BBC Introducing stage - 4 (sounded like a carbon copy of the 1975's first album)

RTJ - 8 (good energy but the crowd at the front wasn't as crazy as when I've seen them before).

Katy Perry - 7

The National - 7.5 (4 totally new songs that no one knows seems a lot for a 1 hour slot. otherwise fantastic though)

Foo Fighters - 9 (only lose a point for dragging a few songs out. very memorable set)

Sunday:

King Gizz - 5 (I really don't get it. I'd heard great things, and I don't dislike them on record, but it was all quite samey and they didn't interact much with the crowd). 

Frank Carter + the Rattlesnakes - 9 (never heard his stuff before the set but he absolutely blew me away. excellent show)

The Killers - 9 (best atmosphere of the festival for definite. only thing was that it was so short due to the secretness of it all).

The Courteeners - 3 (such a comedown after two great great bands)

London Grammar - 8 (astounding voice. great tunes. not much else to say really - a great show)

Metronomy - 8.5 (a fantastic way to finish the weekend I must say. great energy and so slick on stage)

First time I've ever enjoyed all 3 headliners that I chose to see. I feel like they were nailed on tbf, though I thought that with Sigur Ros and the Who as well. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think this is all the music I saw this year. Not included comedy & circus. *Asterisk = didn't see the whole set.

7 Black Kat Boppers
8 NYBB

9 Showhawk Duo
5 Eats Everything
5 Noble Jack's
8 Mik Artistik

7 Hacienda Classical
4 Seth Lakeman
4 Liane Le Havas*
7 XX
2 Radiohead* 
7 Major Lazer*
6 Flaming Lips*
8 Rob da Bank (dj)

6 Bootleg Beatles
7 Afriquoi
8 Avalanches
7 Wilkinson*
9 Foos

8 Slaves
7 Goldfrapp
6 Shaggy*
9 Chic
6 Barry Gibb*
7 London Grammar
5 Emile Sande*
6 DJ Luck and MC neat *
6 Gentleman's dub club*
9 Justice

Edited by tom22

Friday:

First Aid Kit - 8/10 - Eased me in gently after Thursday night's activities and sounded great

Glass Animals - 7/10 - Always good fun

Jesca Hoop - 7/10 - Solid performance but couldn't see it all. 'Animal Kingdom Chaotic' was one of my moments of the weekend - will try and catch her later in the year somewhere.

Angel Olsen - 9/10 - Spellbinding

Elbow - 8/10 - Standard Elbow set but good to see them on a small stage. Will see The XX on Saturday

Anderson .Paak - 8/10 - Fire but didn't get to watch all of it

Radiohead - 7/10 - Almost the whole 1st half of the set ruined by talkers around us (+ we weren't even far back). Thom's voice shaky early on at times too. Colossal setlist though. Looking forward to seeing them tonight :)

Saturday:

Whitney - 8/10 - Another great start to another great day. Vocals much stronger than at Field Day but didn't play Red Moon :(

British Sea Power - 8/10 - Shame to miss Moonlandingz but happy with my choice - sounded tight as f.

Thundercat - 8/10 - Hella fun down the front

Mura Masa - 8/10 - Clash central. MM smashed it though.

Katy Perry - 6/10 - Nothing to write home about but enjoyed singing along to all those bangers. Had a last minute thought about going to LG but couldn't see how it'd differ from Beady Eye playing Oasis songs.

The Avalanches - 6/10 - Much better now with a proper band but sound issues and having to miss the end meant I couldn't enjoy it as much as I'd have liked to. Sinatra went off :)

The National - 9/10 - Handled the slot so well. People in my group and others around me said they didn't know who they were before but consider themselves fans now. As always, Matt behaved like Matt... please don't change. New songs sounded great and 'England' was beaut.

Father John Misty - 9/10 - Probably deserves a 10 but marking him down for trolling the crowd about JC coming out (or just annoyed at myself for falling for it). Electric atmosphere in the tent even for all of the new songs. Had doubts that he could sustain his rise in popularity but he definitely can - will get another big slot next time.

Phoenix - 9/10 - On my own for this one but had a great time with people around me at the front - didn't want it to end!

Real Estate - 9/10 - Outstanding... 'Two Arrows' and 'All The Same' melted my mind. Will definitely be seeing them again the next time they're down my way.

Laura Marling - 8/10 - Small but appreciative crowd. 'Wild Fire', 'Salinas' and 'Daisy' were particular standouts.

Frank Carter - 4/10 - Meh. Credit due for getting an unfamiliar crowd going though.

The Killers - 7/10 - Promised my mate before the festival that I'd accompany him and stuck to my word. Shame to miss Chic but The Killers were quite good tbf. Haven't listened to those songs since school so was nice to revisit them. Everyone in the tent seemed to have a great time.

Sampha - 8/10 - Solid. Didn't catch all of it but saw all my faves - will try and see him again somewhere.

London Grammar - 9/10 - Way too full in around around the tent but to a ridiculous slot for them. Stunning performance - they're going right to the top.

Justice - 9/10 - So. Much. Fun. Got there bang on 10pm and it went off straight away. Felt so short though but I was up in the sky somewhere so that could be why.

Another unbelievable festival for me made great by so many awesome artists and all of you too. Roll on 2019!

Friday.

Hot 8 Brass Band - 8

Ata Kak - 9

The XX - 5

Radiohead - 10

Saturday.

The Bootleg Beatles - 8

Khruangbin - 7 

Thundercat - 8

Corbyn - 7

Bad Bad Not Good - 8

Katy Perry - 7

The National - 9

The Jacksons - 9

Sunday.

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - 8

The Bootleg Beatles - 9

Boy Better Know - 5

Bowjangles - 9 (looooved this)

Pretenders - 7

Margo Price - 9 

Hamilton L - 6 (kind of boring and a few people in the crowd were very annoying "HAMILTOOOONNN" ... OK dude)

Mark Lanegan - 7 

Angel Olsen - 8 (despite the mess I still enjoyed it a lot)

Elbow - 7 (I really like them and good setlist, but should have gone to Future Islands. It was meh)

Radiohead - 9.5 (almost perfect)

Bootleg Beatles - 8 

Whitney - 8 

British Sea Power - 9 (waited so long to see them and they didn't disappoint)

Thundercat - 6

Liam G - 7 (gets bonus points for first two songs with the crowd plus hearing him sing DLBIA. But the sound was shit and the band is boringggg).

The National - 8 (too many new songs)

Phoenix - 9 (Always amazing. Maybe a 10 if the stage setup would have worked properly. And their sets are still too short)

Laura Marling - 9. 

Haim - 8.5 

London Grammar - 8

The Bomb with live score by the Acid 8

Hacienda 8

First Aid Kit 9

Hot 8 Brass Band 7

Joe Goddard (DJ) 8

The XX 9

Bicep 9

Radiohead 8 and a half (minus one for no Reckoner) 

Jules Holland 8

Wild Beasts 8

Jeremy Corbyn 9

BadBadNotGood 7 and a half 

Toots and the Maytals 0 (no show) 

The Avalanches 8 (missed end) 

The National 8 and a half 

Sasha and Digweed (DJ) 8

Layo and Bushwacka (DJ) 8

Barry Gibb 6 (step too far) 

Chic 9

End of Goldfrapp 8

Moderat 9

Nu Yorican Soul (DJ) 8 and a half 

It's all relative and in part based on expectations.....however as a whole experience

Overall Glastonbury 9

I'll give a couple of 9 out of 10s to a couple of acts I haven't seen mentioned.

Jeremy Hardy. Always superb. Talks so fast you probably get about three times the material of other stand ups.

Difford & Tilbrook. I swear Glenn Tilbrook becomes a better guitar player every time I see him. Truly wonderful chops and what a songbook. One of the great song writing duos.

The Four Owls - 9 - Awesome in a packed out rumshack. Mate got pissed on which was annoying.
Labess - 8 - Never heard of them, will probably never listen again, but great fun when off your bonce.

Charli XCX - 3 - Rubbish
Naya - 6 - Very talented young french lass. Hope to see her with a band soon instead of backing track.
First Aid Kit - 7
Royal Blood - 10 - Not a superfan but they totally blew me away. Future festival headliners for sure.
Future Islands - 7
Anderson .Paak - - Performance of the weekend for me. Sound was awful though, hence the 9.

Whitney - 8 - Excellent but shame about the weather
Craig David - 6 - TS5 bits were a bit silly
Jeremy Corbyn - 10 - Goosebumps
Run The Jewels - 8
Muncie Girls - 6
The National - 8 - One of my favourite bands but just a bit too short and new-album-heavy IMO.
Foo Fighters - 6 - Biggest disappointment of the weekend. Too many dragged out songs and monologues for us to enjoy a festival singalong. But a good set list.

Real Estate - 7
Julia Jacklin - 8 - Love this girl and enjoyed it lying down in The Park.
The Killers - 8 - Excellent set full of festival bangers. Was just a bit too far out of the tent.
Biffy Clyro - 8 - Another great energetic set. Shame there was nothing pre puzzle.
London Grammar - 9 - Hannah Reid, you are incredible.
Ed Sheeran - 5 - Didn't want to be there but didn't want to be alone at Justice. Lots of singalongs for people to enjoy but I don't think it quite works as a live show on that scale.

Generally very impressed with the high standard of live shows. Loads of great DJ sets across the weekend too.

Gonna be a lot of high marks here -

Nepalm Death - 9  Shitkicking brilliant stuff.  Political, angry, funny.

First Aid Kit - 8

The Beat - 10

Anderson .Paak - 8

Steve Ignorant - 8

Wormrot - 8

Petrol Girls - 8

DJ Yoda (AV show) - 6  Uninspired

Girl Ray - 6  Nice tunes, but a serious charisma deficit which made it hard to enjoy.

The Big Moon - 8 (only saw first half of their set, but was very impressed)

Run The Jewels - 9

Ryley Walker - 7

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - 9

Circa Waves (WG set): 7

Hacienda Classical: 7
Glass Animals (BBC Intro set): 6
Nothing But Thieves: 7
First Aid Kit: 7
Lianne La Havas: 5
Royal Blood: 8
George Ezra: 7
The xx: 6
Radiohead: 8

The Bootleg Beatles: 6
Vieux Farka Toure: 6
The Magic Gang: 7
Thundercat: 5
Craig David: 8
Kaiser Chiefs: 7
Katy Perry: 7
The National: 5
Foo Fighters: 9

Jamie Cullum: 5
Laura Marling: 6
King Gizzard: 6
Frank Carter: 8
The Killers: 9
Biffy Clyro: 9
Ed Sheeran: 7

Only rated the sets i saw enough of to fairly rate.

Better do this now...have left out all out of hours stuff 

The Pretenders- 7

Pat Thomas- 8

Angel Olsen- 6

Future Islands- 8

Radiohead- 10

British Sea Power- 8

Wild Beasts- 9

Run The Jewels- 9

Katy Perry- 8

Father John Misty- 10

The Dhol Foundation- 9

Laura Marling- 8

Shaggy- 7

Cinematic Orchestra - 8

Moderat- 7

Justice - 9

Working in John Peel so different perspective on some bands. Haven't included a couple of bands which didn't catch my attention at all.

Friday

New York Brass Band - 5 - enjoyed Love Will Tear Us Apart, but got bored after that and left

Charlie XCX - 6 - probably a 7 but marked down because no way as entertaining/disturbing as her JP set a couple of years ago

The Lemon Twigs - n/a - should have paid more attention having read the reviews here

Declan McKenna - 5 - enjoyed the song I know, the rest was meh

Lorde - 9 - really watchable, so much stage presence,  great sound quality (on Other Stage!). future headliner?

Major Lazer - 6 - nothing special, not strong enough to be a headliner, left half way through

Flaming Lips - 8 - probably higher but only caught last 20 mins. Major Tom was spectacular 

Saturday

Craig David - 8 - unexpected, a lot of fun and a talented man

Jeremy Corbyn - 8 - strong performance, pulled out a few classics, but could he headline?

Run The Jewels - 3 - didn't know their stuff, just noise from where I was standing

Katy Perry - 6 - was expecting more, sound was awful

DJ Shadow - n/a - only caught one tune but was a good one

Pheonix - 6 - don't know their stuff but a pleasent enought end to the night, on late

Sunday

October Drift - 9 - new to me but really impressed, one to watch

Sundara Karma - 8 - continuing the good start to Sunday

Real Estate - 3 - boring 

King Gizzard - n/a - didn't see much but enjoyed Rattlesnake

Frank Carter - 10 - came for The Killers, had a fantastic time. not sure I'll be buying the albums but one of my fav gigs ever

The Killers - 10 - killed it!

Biffy Clyro - 6 - was expecting so much more, not future headliners after that.

Ed Sheeran - 7 - enjoyable 30 mins

Thursday

Cut Capers - 8 (great fun in a jumping Avalon Cafe - Kudos to whomever on here recommended)

Friday

Blossoms - 7

First Aid Kit - 8

Glass Animals - 7

Angel Olsen - 7

Elbow - 9 (big fan, possibly best performance i have seen by them)

Sleaford Mods - 8

Flaming Lips 10 (I have not seen a better Glastonbury performance in 9 visits)

Silent Disco & a hideously expensive scotch egg rounded off my best Glastonbury day ever...

Saturday (feeling somewhat spent after euphoric Friday)

Loyle Carner - 8 (this boy is going to be huuuuge - very impressive)

Katy Perry - 7

The National - 7.5 (I love these boys but they werent at their best, with the exception of England)

The Jacksons - 5 (dreadful sound quality where i was. A real shame as they were going for it)

Sunday

Rag 'n' Bone Man (end of only) - 8

Ska Vengers - 7

Masilva - 7

Lucy Rose (half set only) - 8

Gentlemens Dub Club - 8

Dreadzone - 9 (Great stuff.!)

Monday

Drive home - 3 (9 hours towing caravan back to Cambs, including 3+ on A303 sitting virtually still...)

Weather - 10 (thank you weather gods for glorious sun Tuesday & Wednesday and lovely cloud cover Friday and Saturday, with a Sunday sun finish... Perfect.!)

My most enjoyable Glastonbury yet...

Here's mine, mainly based not just on the bands performance but mainly on my experience watching them.

Wednesday

• Sunset & Fireworks - 7 Sunset was amazing but wasn't totally blown away by the fireworks. Great finish to a very hot day

Thursday

• Ultimate Power - 7 Only caught the end. Was enjoyable though
  • The Smyths 8 - Great singalong in the sun
  • Showhawk Duo - 9 Loved listening to classic trance on a guitar. 
  • Orb - 7 Always great to hear them live
  • Hari Krishnas at the stone circle - 9 Great choir and a lovely chilled end to a day

Friday

• Hacienda Classical - 9 Loved it plus all the cameos. Can't believe how good Bez looks after all these years.
  • Pretenders - 7 Only caught last couple of songs so can't give a full rating
  • Charli xcx - 2 Unfortunately was there for the start of her opening and couldn't get away from the auto-tuned crap in time.
  • Mik Artistic - 9 Get this guy on the Pyramid :D
  • The XX - 9 Probably one of the best performances of the weekend. Can tell they put a lot of emotion into the performance
  • Radiohead - 4 I know it's controversial especially on these boards, personally I thought the set was going on too long, I was stuck in an awkward standing position and by the time they were playing their older stuff I was in severe back pain and couldn't get into it. Just didn't give me the lift I needed. Should have gone for Sleaford Mods/Flaming Lips instead.

Saturday

• Bootleg Beatles - 7 Nice wake up to the day. Good singalong
  • Gabrielle Aplin - 7 Only caught the end but was nice and chilled
  • British Sea Power - 6 Can't really remember their performance, I know it wasn't bad but not standing out
  • Wild Beasts - 6 As above
  • Kaiser Chiefs - 10 Again a controversial score. I'm huge fan so obviously biased and seen them live a lot. Probably our best moment of the festival. (We were in a good spot to watch them, literally underneath Ricky when he invaded the crowd)
  • Liam G - 9 Stood in the same spot after the KC so had none of the sound issues many had. Great to see him live again after all these years.
  • The National - 3 Think this was my biggest disappointment. Never seen him live before, listening to his albums before he sounded great with an amazing voice and was really looking forward to watching. When it came to his performance though it sounded like he had been hitting it hard all week and was croaky and out of tune. Not that impressed at all.
  • Foo Fighters - 9 Loved them, it was a party from start to finish. No problems with aching bones as we were hyped. Made some close bonds with the people around us all going through the same emotions. Great experience.

Sunday

• Deaf Havana - 3 Not sure they knew where they were but they were playing to a very tired sleepy audience who didn't really care who was on stage.
  • Cassette Boy vs DJ Rubbish - 7 Loved them but plagued by technical problems. 
  • Kodaline - 6 Similar to Wild Beasts/Sea Power, their performance didn't really stick in my mind
  • Haim - 8 Talented group of girls. They know how to get the party spirit flowing especially for tired people
  • Courteeners - 0 Worst feeling ever after a gig, no fault to the band but their fans are a total disgrace and shouldn't be allowed at a festival 
  • Biffy Clyro - 8 Only caught the end but was enjoyable (just don't tell my friends)
  • Arcadia Metamorphos show - 8 Mind blowing effects and some fantastic engineering.

I can't comment on the late night stuff as my state was far too altered to give a fair judgement but I had a damn good time :D

THURSDAY -

Noisia - 9 - The Temple was on fire for this.

FRIDAY -

Charli XCX - 5 - Couple of decent tunes but largely meh

Nothing But Thieves - 8.5 - Shaky start but once Conor shook off his nerves they sounded great! New stuff is incredible aswell. Expecting them to be higher up in 2019

Circa Waves - 8 - Great band with a great crowd. Love a smoke grenade going off during rowdy songs.

Royal Blood - 9 - Absolutely banging, future fest headliners

The XX- 9.5 - Bloody magical set. Loud places was a Glastonbury moment.

Radiohead - 10 - Exit music.

Saturday -

Craig David - 7 - Set started brilliantly, but dropped off when he started the TS5 stuff

Jeremy Corbyn - 9 - Inspirational stuff, great to see a large crowd for this aswell.

RTJ - 9 - Brilliant as always. SO MUCH ENERGY

Katy Perry - 8 - Interesting choice of opener but the bangers were there.

Stormzy - 9.5 - Future festival headliner and national treasure. Brilliant tracks and a great entertainer.

The Jacksons - 4 - They may have been good but the sound was god awful at West Holts, which is shame as the sound for James Blake in the same slot last year was the best I've heard. (Left after 4 songs)

The Rabbit Hole - 10 - Best night I've ever had at glasto.

Sunday -

Deaf Havana - 7 - Pretty enjoyable set, but I am a fan of the band. Not a large crowd and most people suffering Sunday morning death

Frank Carter - 9 - Ill be honest, I was there for The Killers but he was absolutely brilliant. One of the best front men I've seen.

The Killers - 10 - BANGERS BANGERS BANGERS

Biffy Clyro - 9 - Should've been headlining over Ed. Not because Ed is bad or I dislike him. Just because Biffy are incredible live and have the euphoria in their tunes to close a festival.

Ed Sheeran - 6.5 - Mostly meh. Bloodstream was brilliant, but the rest of the set seemed to fall a little flat. Even my mates who are huge Ed Sheeran fans said the same.

Royal Blood - 7.5/10

Future Island - 7/10

Anderson Paak - 8/10 (only saw half, heard the rest was also amazing from friends)

Radiohead - 8/10

Craig David - 6.5/10

Run the Jewels - 8.5/10

Foo Fighters - 9.5/10

All We Are - 6/10

Barry Gibb - 7.5/10

Chic - 10/10

Moderat - 7/10

Justice - 9/10

The crowds near me at these gigs seemed well up for the party this year. Made the festival so much better to see everyone dancing! 

Edited by lobo

Friday (What a day)

Hascienda Classical - 9/10 - The best opening act to a weekend I've seen. Really blew the cobwebs away and then some.

Paul Carrack 8/10 - Wonderful set, there were tears.

Craig Charles - 8/10 - There for about an hour. Great party, great crowd and nice to see Shangri La in the daytime.

Declan Mckenna - 9/10 - I'm obviously biased, full 25+ group, seeing someone we've supported since he was 14 play the biggest stage he's ever done. Plus he wore a facemask with me on it - you can't ask for more than that,

The XX - 8/10 - Only saw the first half but it was magical, and really tough to tear ourselves away from.

Anderson Paak - 10/10 - Best set of the weekend, I was putty in the guy's hand whilst being wrapped around his little finger. The guy is a star, and his smile could melt the coldest of hearts.

Radiohead - 9/10 - Missed the first 30 minutes, but was a cracking set from when I got there. Lost my voice at the end.

Saturday

Afriquoi - 8/10 - Another great first act of the day to blow the cobwebs away. Really got into it.

Thundercat - 7/10 - Went to get food and sat on the benches to watch, very skilled muscian,

Corbyn - 6/10 - Was as expected.

RTJ - 8/10 - Another act I didnt want to leave halfway through but had to drag myself away from. Smashed it from what I did see. Gutted I didnt stay to get a bandana.

Loyle Carner - 9/10 - Special set, heartfelt and emotional which clearly meant so much to him. More tears were spilt here.

Katy Perry 7/10 - Not as good as I'd hoped, but our group had a right laugh in the crowd so it was all good - did show that she didnt have our full attention though.

The Avalnches - 8/10 - Caught just over half, had a great time. Had Frankie Sinatra in my head for the rest of the weekend.

Solange - 5/10 - Only disappointment of the weekend for me

The Jacksons - 8/10 - Party vibes galore. Good place in the crowd and dance moves a plenty.

Sunday

Laura Marling - 8/10 - Perfect to relax to. Beautiful voice

The Killers - 10/10 - Smashed it. Perfect Killers set for me, an hour of hits. And the crowd were so into it.

Jain - 9/10 - Loved it. She's a star.

Moderat - 8/10 - Didnt manage to get into the crowd which was disappointing, still enjoyed it from a far

Justice - 9/10 - Great weekend closer. Crowd were buzzing even at that late stage. Light lights lights as well!

Edited by mjsell

Friday:

Hacienda Classical - 7/10

Nothing But Thieves - 7/10

Circa Waves - 6/10

Royal Blood - 8/10

The XX - 9/10

Radiohead - 10/10

Saturday:

The Amazons - 5/10

Liam Gallagher - 7/10

The National - 7/10 (gutted as this could have been a 9 or 10)

Foo Fighters - 8/10

Sunday:

Rag n Bone Man - 8/10

Kodaline - 6/10

The Courteeners - 7/10

Metronomy - 8/10

Friday

Hacienda                8

hot 8 brassband      7 (couldn't hear them)

altern8                     9

Carry Nation            9

Prophecy b2b mark xtc    9

Stanton warriors     10

Jack master            10

Boys Noize              10

Saturday 

Lima Gallagher     8 

The Avalanches    6 couldn't hear them

Sasha and Digweed    11(stonking)

Layo and Bushwaka    7

Sunday

Haim                         8 

cinetamtic orchestra  7

Moderat                     10

Justice                        10

Fabio and Groove Rider  8

Ronnie Size                10

think I saw more this year then ever before

Edited by shuttlep

Friday

The Pretenders - 7 - still sounded good and had some heart and soul to the performance

Charlie XCX - 6 - couldn't be bothered to move after the Pretenders but was much better than I though

Royal Blood - 10 - wow just wow

Elbow - 7.5 - not their best performance but still very entertaining in that Elbow kind of way

Lorde - 8 - future superstar

Dizzee Rascal - 3 - really should have gone somewhere else

Saturday

Jools Holland - 6.5 - entertaining enough and a good way to start the day

Wild Beast - 6 - didn't know what to expect really but were good enough entertainment

Kaiser Chiefs - 7 - not their best but better than they were 

Toots - not their fault that the accident on the track stopped half the band getting there

The National - 4 - no thanks

Foo Fighters - 8 - first time I have seen them and were very good

Sunday

Dropkick Murphys - 7 - only caught the last few songs but wish I had been there for the whole set

Rag n Bone Man - 8 - big decision of the weekend this to stick with the rest of the group of go to see King Gizzard and Frank Carter. He smashed it to a very big crowd

Barry Gibb - 7 - had no intention seeing him buy was pleasantly surprised

Chic - 9 - the party that the day needed

Biffy - 7.5 - don't know if it was that there were so many Ed fans there affecting the atmosphere or if the performance was a little off but I felt a little disappointed

Scouting for Girls - 7.5 - no interest in the other headliners so went with the rest of my crowd for a very entertaining hour

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

think I saw more this year then ever before

Chucking 10's around willy nilly there Shuttle - mega weekend's all round for us all by the looks of things.

Were Boys Noize that good? I took a wander over there and really found it bland. Maybe I'm just bored by Arcadia these days. And lack of enhancements probably didnt help

6 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Chucking 10's around willy nilly there Shuttle - mega weekend's all round for us all by the looks of things.

Were Boys Noize that good? I took a wander over there and really found it bland. Maybe I'm just bored by Arcadia these days. And lack of enhancements probably didnt help

I have never done Arcadia properly before, and every time I was there this year I was right under the spider bastard thing.

so everyone was loving it great atmosphere and some great tunes. I am still on a high give it a few days and I will be crying in to my cornflakes

Based on full sets

Hacienda Classical 6

Confidence Man 6

Ata Kak 6

Elbow 7

Hot Eight Brass Band 4 (Left for a piss and ended up at Wheel Of Four Tunes at Sensation Stage 6)

Jools Holland 6

The Avalanches 6

The Jacksons 8

Barry Gibb 7

Chic 9

Metronomy 8

Wednesday:

• Sam Walker - 4
  • Gecko - 6

Thursday:

• Little Mammoths - 6
  • Shawhawk Duo - 6
  • Napalm Death - 7
  • Pink Cigar - 6

Friday:

• The Pretenders - 8
  • Bo Ningen - 7
  • Naya - 4
  • Emily Barker - 7
  • The Young 'Uns - 10
  • Sharon Shannon - 10
  • Martha Wainwright - 4
  • Seth Lakeman - 8
  • Billy Bragg (solo) - 8
  • The Mavericks - 5

Saturday:

• Khruangbin - 10
  • Afriquoi - 6
  • Billy Bragg's radical roundup featuring Ralph McTell, Louisa from She Drew The Gun, Steve Knightley (Show Of Hands) - 8
  • Jeremy Corbyn - N.A.
  • Liam Gallagher - 6 (was too far away to enjoy it properply)
  • Alsarah & the Nubatones - 8
  • Foo Fighters - 9

Sunday

• Real Estate - 5
  • Laura Marling - 7
  • Altan - 8
  • Justin Townes Earle - 9
  • My Baby - 5
  • Dawn Penn - 6
  • Shaggy - 6