Rude,pushy,aggressive young girls

Uh-Oh!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dickhead quota was fairly evenly split as I've described elsewhere.

Two things stand out though with young girls. 

One squealing sat on her bf shoulders during Liam's 'Don't look back in anger' was soon put in her place afterwards by my missus (and the other lads with her apologised) 

Another on Saturday night tried to push me out of the way with her hands (I'm nearly 6 ft and 15 stone so didn't go far when she did) had she asked first I'd have happily moved, so she stamped on my foot with her sandals on, only to find out I was wearing walking boots and hurt her own foot, then called me rude!

Surely everyone knows the best trick to get to the front of stage is to follow a girl train?

This has been a thing for years. It's kinda encouraged though - watch a people snake led by a guy and people will stop them and argue with them. Put a pretty girl at the front (bonus points if they're small and delicate) and they can just shove through with guys moving out of the way for them pronto. If anyone argues then creating a scene always leaves the bloke looking like the bad guy because it's a small delicate looking girl.

It's probably the least feminist thing in the world tbh, and totally just taking advantage of people's prejudices and elements of sexuality. There's no fixing it saying owt here though - the problem starts and breeds in pubs and clubs around the whole country

The thing that pisses me off the most is people who decide they want to be at the front despite turning up 5 minutes after the act has started. If you are that bothered get there early or stay put. I must have a massive sign on my head that says 'Thoroughfare this way' as it seems that no matter where I go over the course of the weekend people push past me constantly. Don't mind if they say excuse me please but this barging into your back and forcing you out of the way really pisses me off.

There were loads of the 20something age group who seemed intent on having the best time, which of course we all want, but had no consideration for others at all. Hopefully in real life when not off their faces they are different. To be honest though I put it down to me being older and bit less tolerant or able to deal with crowds. Maybe time to hang up my walking boots! 

10 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

There were loads of the 20something age group who seemed intent on having the best time, which of course we all want, but had no consideration for others at all. Hopefully in real life when not off their faces they are different. To be honest though I put it down to me being older and bit less tolerant or able to deal with crowds. Maybe time to hang up my walking boots! 

Not you, they've been told they're entitled to it all

5 hours ago, Monkismo said:

On the way in to Shangri La on Thursday a group of girls decided to run at a crowd of stationary people in a bid to barge through and started abusing everyone who took offence to them doing so. Cretins. I'll let you guess what part of the country they came from...

Royal Tunbridge Wells?

1 minute ago, Flysheet said:

Not you, they've been told they're entitled to it all

Which is exactly what your parents said about your generation.

We're just getting older, young folk are just being inconsiderate young folk as ever.

Two girls appeared behind me towards the end of Flaming lips asking for my barrier spot. Realising they were both a lot shorter (and narrower) than me I let them in as I'd seen that bit in front of the stage covered in bits of paper already :) 

My only regret is before the gig seeing what looked like a 12 year old version of one of the Lemon Twigs and not asking if it was him. Looking at the program picture, it was. I'm clearly too old to judge the ages of young people...

I certainly didn't meet many t055ers at all, but I think I did see a couple of drunk people B)

19 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

I just stand on the edges now3 Life is a lot easier. Nearer the toilet and nearer the bar. Leave the mosh pit to the young ones.

One thing I did not get was the short arsed little midget Scouser who was pulling his face because he could not see past me at Liam Gallagher. I was literally at the outer edges. Where he expected me to move to I have no idea. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sadly I saw quite a few groups of people being obnoxious and dickish over the weekend of both sexes.

Worst was a group of (accent redacted) people at Emeli Sande who were utterly fucked and clearly up to no good. Two guys were clearly briefing a third one on how to pick pocket people while they were dancing. Luckily as there was nobody at Emeli Sande they didn't have any opportunities, but they made my wife and I feel rather uncomfortable.

Strange, I saw couple of strange guys pretending not to be with each other, then looking like they were up to no good. Made my friend feel really uncomfortable so we left. 

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

I just stand on the edges now3 Life is a lot easier. Nearer the toilet and nearer the bar. Leave the mosh pit to the young ones.

One thing I did not get was the short arsed little midget Scouser who was pulling his face because he could not see past me at Liam Gallagher. I was literally at the outer edges. Where he expected me to move to I have no idea. 

Sounds like a plan. I think I realised at guns'n'roses weekend before that "I'm too old for this shit"! Had a gobby woman have a go at me there and her son apologised on her behalf so being a twat can happen at any age with a bit of drink inside.

Also I had my kids with me so perhaps feeling a bit more protective of them not getting shoved around. My one daughter really wanted to be down front for ed but by time Sunday came round she was more than happy to be nearer the back and on a hill so she could see and have a dance.

28 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Which is exactly what your parents said about your generation.

We're just getting older, young folk are just being inconsiderate young folk as ever.

I'm getting old

While I agree that this was definitely a younger and aggier crowd this year. The only twats I encountered all weekend were the oldies who kept making snide comments about the yoofs having fun.

I honestly think there's a huge portion of mature attendees who don't even enjoy coming to glastonbury - they bring the mood down so much.

but then again, big love to the mature audience who show the youngun's how to party properly!

Confused you thought it seemed younger this year - I thought the opposite. Saw relatively few of the 18ish bracket, they seemed to be missing.

Agreed about the more matures though - so many "ooh I must bring my parents" and folk who aren't really suited to festivals turning up now that it's seen as a bit more luxury and respectable treating the place like goddamn glynebourne.

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Didn't see any. In fact, I think every single person was lovely.

This.  I'd echo what Matt says, some people clearly spent their time looking at other people enjoying themselves and had a problem with that.  I was at a music festival so I expect people to be off their heads, bumping into me, spilling shit and falling over, occasionally being way more raucous than I am, that sort of thing.  Surely part of the fun is being around that even if you are not participating.

Never had one negative interaction the whole week.

The thread title should be more specific, such as I personally experienced 10 groups or rude girls this year whereas I only experienced 8 last year out of the hundreds of nice people I met, therefore I will will generalise and extrapolate that to all the other 138000 punters saying there were more groups of girls this year

I met 190 lovely people this year whereas I only met 150 last year, therefore the place had a lot more lovely people this year than last

To be honest, people who moan about other peoples' behaviour are just as bad as the more lairy types. It's a music festival, you'll be hard-pressed to find the perfect environment surrounded by like-minded people anywhere.

Edited by 40 Days

First time for me and the missus apart from the girl and her chair in the que tue night /wed morn everytime the que stopped she'd throw her ass into the chair almost hitting us, how I wished the chair to giveway would of been a festival highlight and the girl in the dizzy crowd trying to barge thru me and the wife about 3 times saying she lost her mates wife gave her a jab and told that ain't all you gonna lose if you don't stop barging. Apart from that only encountered friendly folk.

Edited by Cuzzy

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

While I agree that this was definitely a younger and aggier crowd this year. The only twats I encountered all weekend were the oldies who kept making snide comments about the yoofs having fun.

I honestly think there's a huge portion of mature attendees who don't even enjoy coming to glastonbury - they bring the mood down so much.

but then again, big love to the mature audience who show the youngun's how to party properly!

Agreed! Kills the mood when you have an entirely stationary, arms folded person infront of you looking like they'd rather be anywhere else! 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

To be fair the people I saw complaining about the younger ones behaviour was those of a similar age to them. For example at busted the crowd was massive and this one lot just turned up late and just tried barging on through - security got involved in the end. But it was the group in front of me that were complaining, ironic really as they started off behind me and were talking of pushing on through, but at least that was before the band had come on.

I should add I didn't actually complain or tut at or about anyone myself - it's just an observation, and to me it was more noticeable than previous years - but then as mentioned on another thread it just seemed busier than usual in general.

Edited by slash's hat