Best cover version of the weekend

budvar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Wayne Coyne (Flaming Lips) singing Space Oddity, while zorbing over the crowd. He wins.

http://IMG_3303_zpsaeqsh6zz.jpg

Unquestionably this for me. The whole set was sublime, and this moment, along with the illuminated unicorn, dancing eyeballs and multiple costume changes, summed up the sheer brilliant barminess of it. 

4 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Hobo Jones and The Junkyard Dogs "re-interpreting" Yellow. Ended with the line "Coldplay, I hope you fuck off and die!".

Must have been on the album version.

plus Hobo Jones' definitive version of Comfortably Numb!

2 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Unquestionably this for me. The whole set was sublime, and this moment, along with the illuminated unicorn, dancing eyeballs and multiple costume changes, summed up the sheer brilliant barminess of it. 

It was everything that is wonderful and inspiring about Glastonbury crammed into 90 minutes. I feel like I should carry some of this spirit into the "normal" world.....

2 hours ago, joeshez89 said:

One Way was good too!

I was going to say Yellow was their best cover.  We wandered into Avalon having just stopped by the 50p tea tent and perfectly timed for Hobo Jones, was a fantastic musical start to our festival, such a feel good event.

I'd retired from the tent to roll a spliff by the time One Way was played, but the words really resonated on that particular morning.  Very much the way I felt that day.