Jump to content

Download full sets from iplayer


Recommended Posts

Yeah, Metallica and Arcade Fire are for shit quality for some reason. Interesting to see if they remedy that or not. The 40 mins of Arctic Monkeys is a bigger file than 90 mins of Metallica. Lana Del Rey is also bad quality

and might be something to do and find some hidden stuff by attempting the full program download. Because when I tried it yesterday it said there were almost 160 items to grab. I had to stop after about 20 vids because my connection decided to die on me. So went back to individual and curious to know where that extra content is. Maybe its actually showing whats queued up and you can grab it.

Edited by Suprefan
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK - to save people time here's the list of url's for all the sets on iplayer ready to paste into get_iplayer, ones with -- at the front are just tracks or compilation programs. Day-1 get_ip

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer   Thought I'd remind everyone about this software to keep those sets forever from the BBC iplayer website. 

Moderat: https://transfer.pcloud.com/download.html?code=5ZSmpiZf0TgFmfxVr8ZlF0RZWLnbF7VLf1SUhuqtYqritJO4XOg7  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, alien said:

I can finally download the Arcade Fire full headline set after 6 years of searching!

Didn't find out about this program until my second glasto (2015) so was always missing the sets from my first (2014).

I have many of these. Both the highlights and the full sets (some of them). I could share them if you want.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, Metallica and Arcade Fire are for shit quality for some reason. Interesting to see if they remedy that or not. The 40 mins of Arctic Monkeys is a bigger file than 90 mins of Metallica. Lana Del Rey is also bad quality

and might be something to do and find some hidden stuff by attempting the full program download. Because when I tried it yesterday it said there were almost 160 items to grab. I had to stop after about 20 vids because my connection decided to die on me. So went back to individual and curious to know where that extra content is. Maybe its actually showing whats queued up and you can grab it.

Maybe it's because all the good shit is DRMd.  Given that some of these headline slots can be had in >720p now, they probably haven't bothered making sure the mid-level quality videos are ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. And there is kind of an audio issue as noted by people watching on iplayer. Seems that they compressed all the audio across all the videos. Likely to make the older sets sound “better”, yet you really do have to crank up the volume now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

I have many of these. Both the highlights and the full sets (some of them). I could share them if you want.

 

From 2014 the full sets I'd love to find are Deltron 3030 and Jurassic 5, not sure if they were even recorded though

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alien said:

From 2014 the full sets I'd love to find are Deltron 3030 and Jurassic 5, not sure if they were even recorded though

 

Sorry, I don't have these. I might start up a thread with the stuff I have in case anybody wants me to share it and maybe have people share what they have.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Sorry, I don't have these. I might start up a thread with the stuff I have in case anybody wants me to share it and maybe have people share what they have.

That's a shame, I'd kill to see that Deltron set again.

And good idea, reuniting people with their memories. Glasto iplayer trading cards?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 10:43 PM, dotdash79 said:

No it stays the same, that the Glastonbury pid, it was the same last year. 
 

also if you have already downloaded one of the programs it won’t redownload it without you forcing it to. 

Very rude of me not saying thank you earlier.

thanks for the help 😀😀

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Just a reminder that sets disappear from 11.59pm tonight so last call for forgetful arses like me!

Shit I completely forgot, not like I had a month to grab them, kicking myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...