Download full sets from iplayer

bsolxiv

38 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Is there a new version of this anyone can point me to? Would like to grab some of this year's sets. 

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Yeah just google iplayer version and you'll get it, current v3.30.

I now have 24TB of coverage going back to 1994...!

I'm confused. Isn't the GitHub link above what we need? Do you have a better link Pinhead?

I've been trying to use getiplayer, but I just keep getting "is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I've been trying the --pid and also --url, get the same message every time with each

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

The way I do it is to use the normal iplayer site, find the set you are looking for, cut the URL you are on when you play it, then go to the get iplayer command window and type: get_iplayer and paste the URL in after that. Bu default it will go for the highest definition available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, panda97 said:

I've been trying to use getiplayer, but I just keep getting "is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I've been trying the --pid and also --url, get the same message every time with each

This is the command that I have been running 

get_iplayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007r6vx/ --pid-recursive

But this gets everything including all the BBC sounds stuff as well (currently 222 items, excluding highlights currently on).

6 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

This is the command that I have been running 

get_iplayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007r6vx/ --pid-recursive

But this gets everything including all the BBC sounds stuff as well (currently 222 items, excluding highlights currently on).

You can add --tv-quality="1080p" to download streams in higher resolution (by default get_iplayer fetches streams with 720p resolution). You can also add --pid-recursive-type tv if you only want to retrieve videos and not BBC Sounds broadcasts.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pinhead said:

The way I do it is to use the normal iplayer site, find the set you are looking for, cut the URL you are on when you play it, then go to the get iplayer command window and type: get_iplayer and paste the URL in after that. Bu default it will go for the highest available.

thank you!! this is far easier than what I was trying and just worked fine, brilliant, thanks

12 hours ago, panda97 said:

Sounds like it's not installed properly, or you're using the normal command prompt rather than the get iPlayer one.

4 hours ago, The_Spoon said:

Does anyone know where you can get iplayer sets from previous years? I seem to have had a bit of a catastrophic backup failure and it's looking like I've lost all the files from 2019, 2017 & 2013 😒

I had the same problem lost a lot of my Glastonbury sets I had saved on a hard drive.

9 hours ago, netspy said:

You can add --tv-quality="1080p" to download streams in higher resolution (by default get_iplayer fetches streams with 720p resolution). You can also add --pid-recursive-type tv if you only want to retrieve videos and not BBC Sounds broadcasts.

I didn't realise there was an option to go to 1080p, nice one!

The new hard disk has arrived and downloading has commenced 😄

10 minutes ago, parkerpenguin said:

Is there anyone who'd be able and willing to upload the Paul McCartney, Sam Fender and Wolf Alice sets somewhere in which I'd be able to download them? I'm desperate to have these sets saved but I live outside the UK and unfortunately none of the VPN's I use work with get_iplayer. Thanks.

Remind me in a few days. Computer is currently flat out downloading everything they have in 1080p 😁

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, panda97 said:

Yes others have had this too - it’s because Windows can’t find the get_iplayer app and so can’t run it.

You can tell Windows where the app is by typing (or pasting from here) at the get_iplayer command prompt:

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\get_iplayer

Then try running the get_iplayer commands again