Download full sets from iplayer

bsolxiv

Yeah, Metallica and Arcade Fire are for shit quality for some reason. Interesting to see if they remedy that or not. The 40 mins of Arctic Monkeys is a bigger file than 90 mins of Metallica. Lana Del Rey is also bad quality

and might be something to do and find some hidden stuff by attempting the full program download. Because when I tried it yesterday it said there were almost 160 items to grab. I had to stop after about 20 vids because my connection decided to die on me. So went back to individual and curious to know where that extra content is. Maybe its actually showing whats queued up and you can grab it.

Edited by Suprefan

5 hours ago, alien said:

I can finally download the Arcade Fire full headline set after 6 years of searching!

Didn't find out about this program until my second glasto (2015) so was always missing the sets from my first (2014).

I have many of these. Both the highlights and the full sets (some of them). I could share them if you want.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, Metallica and Arcade Fire are for shit quality for some reason. Interesting to see if they remedy that or not. The 40 mins of Arctic Monkeys is a bigger file than 90 mins of Metallica. Lana Del Rey is also bad quality

and might be something to do and find some hidden stuff by attempting the full program download. Because when I tried it yesterday it said there were almost 160 items to grab. I had to stop after about 20 vids because my connection decided to die on me. So went back to individual and curious to know where that extra content is. Maybe its actually showing whats queued up and you can grab it.

Maybe it's because all the good shit is DRMd.  Given that some of these headline slots can be had in >720p now, they probably haven't bothered making sure the mid-level quality videos are ok.

10 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

I have many of these. Both the highlights and the full sets (some of them). I could share them if you want.

From 2014 the full sets I'd love to find are Deltron 3030 and Jurassic 5, not sure if they were even recorded though

1 hour ago, alien said:

From 2014 the full sets I'd love to find are Deltron 3030 and Jurassic 5, not sure if they were even recorded though

Sorry, I don't have these. I might start up a thread with the stuff I have in case anybody wants me to share it and maybe have people share what they have.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Sorry, I don't have these. I might start up a thread with the stuff I have in case anybody wants me to share it and maybe have people share what they have.

That's a shame, I'd kill to see that Deltron set again.

And good idea, reuniting people with their memories. Glasto iplayer trading cards?

On 6/25/2020 at 10:43 PM, dotdash79 said:

No it stays the same, that the Glastonbury pid, it was the same last year. 

also if you have already downloaded one of the programs it won’t redownload it without you forcing it to. 

Very rude of me not saying thank you earlier.

thanks for the help 😀😀

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Hi all, apologies if these were covered at the time on here and I missed it, but I've just ran the command again on a whim and there are 14 new Glastonbury "episodes" on the iPlayer, including a decade-by-decade audio only by the Eavii:

image.thumb.png.b19f808fe4dbf1b8361a1b62b4fda6eb.png

They're not downloading for me, just listing them.  Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.f2fd880399736137fd5da8cc9d2a763d.png

• 3 months later...
On 6/27/2017 at 12:17 PM, paulshane said:

working fine on Windows, but bear in mind this -saturates- your internet connection, so everything else will be slow while you're downloading anything.

Grabbed the Foos set yesterday :)

Hi all,

I was looking for a way to keep the Glastonbury sets from the BBC iplayer website and found this forum/thread.

I also found a possible alternative. Is anyone able to test whether this works on a low end laptop, (I haven't got one at the moment)... or, better still, advise as to whether there is equivalent software for Android, please?

Thanks

On 6/26/2020 at 6:09 PM, alien said:

Jurassic 5 2014 vid is on themixingbowl.org, along with Arcade Fire (1080i), and basically every other set from 2104 that was broadcast, as well as various videos from years before that.

Edited by ghostdancer1

• 11 months later...