Download full sets from iplayer

bsolxiv

3 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Anyone else having trouble downloading the new sets from iplayer today?

Keeps saying 0 matching programmes

Have you got the newest version? I was getting some type of error when the sets went up a month or so ago, downloaded the latest version and no issues since

1 hour ago, Gregfc15 said:

Have you got the newest version? I was getting some type of error when the sets went up a month or so ago, downloaded the latest version and no issues since

Yeh got latest version the other day and downloaded sharon van etten as a trial a few days ago.

Have you managed to downloadn any of the stuff uploaded today? Wondering if they have blocked it somehow, or perhaps it is because it was only just put up. 

2 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Sorry if this has been asked / answered - but is there a way to use the recursive prompt to get all of these recordings? As they seem to be "events" I'm struggling to get it to work.

Yeah, seems to be working. I have it going right now and its slowly but surely getting through the videos.

and yeah, been getting errors but its working. And i have to use vpn to do it. Guess i should update to the newer version.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, seems to be working. I have it going right now and its slowly but surely getting through the videos.

and yeah, been getting errors but its working. And i have to use vpn to do it. Guess i should update to the newer version.

What command did you use, if you don't mind sharing? Thanks again 

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

This was in the bbc glasto thread. And yeah it got lost in all the chatter unless you went page by page

get_iplayer --pidrecursive --pid=b007r6vx

Thank you.

all working fine :)

quick question will the “pid” change tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Mr Splodge said:

Thank you.

all working fine :)

quick question will the “pid” change tomorrow?

No it stays the same, that the Glastonbury pid, it was the same last year. 

also if you have already downloaded one of the programs it won’t redownload it without you forcing it to. 

Edited by dotdash79
More detail

Is it me, or is Beyonce not on the playlist for now. Seems they did change the number of sets avail. I saw 123 this morning and its down to 112.  And metallica is on the list right now. 

and I would like to know if Radiohead being shown on the tele is different than whats on iplayer. If so, somebody record that.

Edited by Suprefan

On 6/28/2017 at 10:56 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

I use these magic commands, just after I purchase a new hard drive...

get_iplayer --prefs-add --modes=best
get_iplayer --pid b007r6vx --pid-recursive

Any idea how to change the download location? 

12 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Is it me, or is Beyonce not on the playlist for now. Seems they did change the number of sets avail. I saw 123 this morning and its down to 112.  And metallica is on the list right now. 

and I would like to know if Radiohead being shown on the tele is different than whats on iplayer. If so, somebody record that.

Im not seeing the Bowie set on my download yet - but you can re-run the command several times (get_iplayer remembers what its downloaded) so if the beeb add any additional content then next time you run the command it will skip through everything you have already downloaded and start downloading new stuff :) (like mine is doing right now with Brian Wilson's set, which wasnt added when I kicked off the download yesterday

I seem to be getting poor quality for a few sets downloaded today...

Anyone else grabbed Metallica and it return a higher quality than hvfxsd1? 

(hvfxsd1 is SD, so 960x540 @ 25fps)

episode:         Metallica
episodeshort:    Metallica
expires:         in 32 days 12 hours (2020-07-28T22:59:00+00:00)
ext:             EXT
filename:        D:\!Downloads\get_iplayer\Glastonbury_2014_-_Metallica_p021bk0l_iplayer.EXT
filepart:        D:\!Downloads\get_iplayer\Glastonbury_2014_-_Metallica_p021bk0l_iplayer.partial.EXT
fileprefix:      Glastonbury_2014_-_Metallica_p021bk0l_iplayer
longname:        Glastonbury: 2014
modes:           iplayer: hvfxsd1,hvfxsd2,hvfxsd3,hvfxsd4,hvfxsd5,hvfxsd6,dvfxsd1,dvfxsd2,dvfxsd3,hvfhigh1,hvfhigh2,hvfhigh3,hvfxhigh1,hvfxhigh2,hvfxhigh3,hvfxhigh4,hvfxhigh5,hvfxhigh6,hvfxhigh7,hvfxhigh8,hvfxhigh9,hvflow1,hvflow2,hvflow3,hvflow4,hvflow5,hvflow6,dvflow1,dvflow2,dvflow3
modesizes:       iplayer: hvfxsd1=1297MB,hvfxsd2=1297MB,hvfxsd3=1297MB,hvfxsd4=1297MB,hvfxsd5=1297MB,hvfxsd6=1297MB,dvfxsd1=1154MB,dvfxsd2=1154MB,dvfxsd3=1154MB,hvfhigh1=1296MB,hvfhigh2=1296MB,hvfhigh3=1296MB,hvfxhigh1=705MB,hvfxhigh2=729MB,hvfxhigh3=705MB,hvfxhigh4=729MB,hvfxhigh5=705MB,hvfxhigh6=729MB,hvfxhigh7=705MB,hvfxhigh8=705MB,hvfxhigh9=705MB,hvflow1=407MB,hvflow2=407MB,hvflow3=407MB,hvflow4=407MB,hvflow5=407MB,hvflow6=407MB,dvflow1=315MB,dvflow2=315MB,dvflow3=315MB [estimated sizes only]
name:            Glastonbury: 2014
nameshort:       Glastonbury
pid:             p021bk0l
player:          https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p021bk0l

Edited by MoilyX

2 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

I seem to be getting poor quality for a few sets downloaded today...

Anyone else grabbed Metallica and it return a higher quality than hvfxsd1? 

episode:         Metallica
episodeshort:    Metallica
expires:         in 32 days 12 hours (2020-07-28T22:59:00+00:00)
ext:             EXT
filename:        D:\!Downloads\get_iplayer\Glastonbury_2014_-_Metallica_p021bk0l_iplayer.EXT
filepart:        D:\!Downloads\get_iplayer\Glastonbury_2014_-_Metallica_p021bk0l_iplayer.partial.EXT
fileprefix:      Glastonbury_2014_-_Metallica_p021bk0l_iplayer
longname:        Glastonbury: 2014
modes:           iplayer: hvfxsd1,hvfxsd2,hvfxsd3,hvfxsd4,hvfxsd5,hvfxsd6,dvfxsd1,dvfxsd2,dvfxsd3,hvfhigh1,hvfhigh2,hvfhigh3,hvfxhigh1,hvfxhigh2,hvfxhigh3,hvfxhigh4,hvfxhigh5,hvfxhigh6,hvfxhigh7,hvfxhigh8,hvfxhigh9,hvflow1,hvflow2,hvflow3,hvflow4,hvflow5,hvflow6,dvflow1,dvflow2,dvflow3
modesizes:       iplayer: hvfxsd1=1297MB,hvfxsd2=1297MB,hvfxsd3=1297MB,hvfxsd4=1297MB,hvfxsd5=1297MB,hvfxsd6=1297MB,dvfxsd1=1154MB,dvfxsd2=1154MB,dvfxsd3=1154MB,hvfhigh1=1296MB,hvfhigh2=1296MB,hvfhigh3=1296MB,hvfxhigh1=705MB,hvfxhigh2=729MB,hvfxhigh3=705MB,hvfxhigh4=729MB,hvfxhigh5=705MB,hvfxhigh6=729MB,hvfxhigh7=705MB,hvfxhigh8=705MB,hvfxhigh9=705MB,hvflow1=407MB,hvflow2=407MB,hvflow3=407MB,hvflow4=407MB,hvflow5=407MB,hvflow6=407MB,dvflow1=315MB,dvflow2=315MB,dvflow3=315MB [estimated sizes only]
name:            Glastonbury: 2014
nameshort:       Glastonbury
pid:             p021bk0l
player:          https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p021bk0l

Ive got it from the year it was originally broadcast - pretty sure I was only able to get a 720p quality download? - unsure what that maps to - but my file is 3.4gb in size - but its an mkv format??

3 minutes ago, pauladam said:

Ive got it from the year it was originally broadcast - pretty sure I was only able to get a 720p quality download? - unsure what that maps to - but my file is 3.4gb in size - but its an mkv format??

Yeah I've got it from somewhere else and it's 720p@50fps so wondered if it was an iPlayer issue or something misconfigured at my end. It'll be a pain if I can't grab anything higher than SD.

EDIT: LCD showing as hvfhd1 so must be a source issue.

Edited by MoilyX

I can finally download the Arcade Fire full headline set after 6 years of searching!

Didn't find out about this program until my second glasto (2015) so was always missing the sets from my first (2014).

I think they have removed the sets that are airing on the TV and will be re-uploaded with or after broadcast. Coldplay seemed to indicate on some such social media somewhere and given the tv broadcast ones all seem to have disappeared it would make sense. They'll come back.