Download full sets from iplayer

bsolxiv

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

Sorry if I'm being exceptionally thick here, but once you downloaded with get-iplayer, where does the file go?

Assuming you've not changed the relevant settings (accidentally or deliberately), a folder on your desktop.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:10 PM, dulcificum said:

Only just picked this up, thank you so much! sending endless good vibes your way this weekend!!!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

Hi All probably @stuartbert two hats :). Anyone keen to give a dummies step by step guide on get iplayer? Life is getting in the way to work this out :s.

Thanks in advance 

Don't bother with it.  There's better things out there with simple GUIs that mean you don't have to learn to code to use the damn thing. 

15 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

Hi All probably @stuartbert two hats :). Anyone keen to give a dummies step by step guide on get iplayer? Life is getting in the way to work this out :s.

Thanks in advance 

What have you tried so far? What kind of computer do you have?

You need to install get_Iplayer, e.g. https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/windows , and then to download a video you enter at the command prompt:

Get_iplayer {URL here from iplayer site}

Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Don't suppose anyone has the 2011 U2 & 2014 Kasabian headline sets as VirginMedia replaced my Tivo box at the weekend and they're the only things I wanted on it...

I have 90% of the 2017 & 2019 sets available if needed...

9 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

Is there a trick to just ripping the audio, or does it need to be plugged into a third party file converter (and then into audacity to separate the tracks)?

Hola Long Drop Amigo

I think It depends on the OS and the software you use.  The ripper I used on Linux gives an Audio and a Video tab.

I downloaded the audio version of the sets I wanted for MP3 and then the video version for watching with a large single malt in the comfort of the sofa..

Edit: it comes through as one audio file (stating the obvious)

Edited by Jay Pee

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What have you tried so far? What kind of computer do you have?

You need to install get_Iplayer, e.g. https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/windows , and then to download a video you enter at the command prompt:

Get_iplayer {URL here from iplayer site}

Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense.

Thanks. Will try tonight and get back to you if any issue. 

19 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Don't suppose anyone has the 2011 U2 & 2014 Kasabian headline sets as VirginMedia replaced my Tivo box at the weekend and they're the only things I wanted on it...

I have 90% of the 2017 & 2019 sets available if needed...

Hi there. I have U2 in 1080i HD that I’m happy to share if someone has a file transfer account we can use??

Hi,

Sorry for asking this as it may have been asked before but for personal reasons I haven't been able to have a proper look through this forum, or on iPlayer for the sets I'd like to keep to watch later/catch up on bands I didn't watch at the festival. My laptop is also rubbish so I think it would struggle with downloading the software to try and download myself (especially with the time available before things start disappearing from iPlayer at the end of the month) but appreciate I am asking a lot without anything to really give back.

Does anyone already have a lot of the sets downloaded they could give a list of I could select from and email them to me/put somewhere I could download at a later date?

Equally please let me know if that is a really unreasonable request (I think I do have some on my computer which I downloaded from someone on this thread after 2017 though).

Thanks,

Laura

On 7/21/2019 at 11:20 AM, Laurawfc said:

Hi,

Sorry for asking this as it may have been asked before but for personal reasons I haven't been able to have a proper look through this forum, or on iPlayer for the sets I'd like to keep to watch later/catch up on bands I didn't watch at the festival. My laptop is also rubbish so I think it would struggle with downloading the software to try and download myself (especially with the time available before things start disappearing from iPlayer at the end of the month) but appreciate I am asking a lot without anything to really give back.

Does anyone already have a lot of the sets downloaded they could give a list of I could select from and email them to me/put somewhere I could download at a later date?

Equally please let me know if that is a really unreasonable request (I think I do have some on my computer which I downloaded from someone on this thread after 2017 though).

Thanks,

Laura

Snap, me too if somebody has any available 

D'oh!

Been out of the country for most of the time since Glasto and only remembered to try and grab the stuff form iplayer about 11pm last night, way too late, managed to download a few sets and then most of the sets were deleted by the beeb!

Does anyone know if these can be acquired anywhere else? I'm missing most of the major ones, The Killers, The Cure, Chemicals, Foals, Stormzy, Kylie, Liam G, Johnny Marr etc. The last couple of fests I downloaded the whole lot using getiplayer but have royally messed up this time around.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...