Download full sets from iplayer

bsolxiv

get_iplayer does still work, I just downloaded Rag n Bone man. But you need to download the new version: v3.01.0

You can follow the download link from here: https://squarepenguin.co.uk/

which for Windows takes you to: https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer_win32/releases/tag/3.01.0

Download the exe (16MB).

After that the commands appear to be the same.

19 hours ago, cornish hick said:

has it changed since last year as when I run the code on my installed one it can't find the link eg  get_iplayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p055zhn7/glastonbury-2017-foo-fighters#group=p056kg71

What info did you put in the command line? I've seen these extended URLs but normally just put the PID in, ie the p055zhn7 that you see above in your link. Disclaimer - I haven't tried these links yet so I may be talking cobblers.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Shame that there doesn't seem to be a way of getting hold of the 1080p streams.  I know iPlayer can do better than this, but "best" seems limited to 1280x720

True for the webcasts, but there are 1080p versions of the sets if they were shown on TV (eg Chic, Radiohead, Killers, Barry Gibb, Foo Fighters, etc.)

If you use torrents, dimeadozen.org has a lot of these, as well as a lot of the webcasts at 720.

6 minutes ago, fantomas said:

True for the webcasts, but there are 1080p versions of the sets if they were shown on TV (eg Chic, Radiohead, Killers, Barry Gibb, Foo Fighters, etc.)

If you use torrents, dimeadozen.org has a lot of these, as well as a lot of the webcasts at 720.

Can you get the 1080p versions via get_iplayer, or just by torrent?

47 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can you get the 1080p versions via get_iplayer, or just by torrent?

This is just via torrent.  Basically, someone recorded the live TV broadcast from BBC2/4, therefore they are higher quality recordings.

5 hours ago, fantomas said:

Dimeadozen doesn't take new account anymore...

Anybody wanting to share their downloads via a FTP server/ dropbox map etc.?

2 hours ago, rinzeanne said:

Dimeadozen doesn't take new account anymore...

Anybody wanting to share their downloads via a FTP server/ dropbox map etc.?

Ok, I can send a link where you can download for free, if you private message me the 1080 sets you would like. 

Options are Radiohead, Chic, Foo Fighters and Barry Gibb at the moment but I suppose I could reluctancly get the Sheeran or Gallagher ones if necessary.

Same goes to anyone else, but will only hold these for a few days as files are 5-10GB in size.

Edited by fantomas

3 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

If you want to download the audio but not video. Ideally in highest quality. What do I do? Any help much appreciated!

Depends how techie you want to get.  You can use ffmpeg, but it's more than a bit fiddly!

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9913032/ffmpeg-to-extract-audio-from-video