See Coaches - a bit of a shambles...

Joshuwarr

On 6/26/2017 at 6:56 PM, Joshuwarr said:

So, I opted for the coach and ticket package for the second year running. On the whole it's a great service and I'd not dream of going back to the train or relying on a lift.

However, I was really disappointed with what I saw this morning. Not a single person had their tickets looked at where I was and it became a total free for all. People who had specific coaches were being turned away whilst people chancing it were getting on any coach they fancied. 

Despite this and our driver getting lost on the way to the festival I actually rate the service. Just hope they can encourage stewards to be more vigilant with tickets...

Someone should also explain why coaches going to Glastonbury have to depart from Greenwich. LEt's just add an hour on to every single person's journey huh?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

Someone should also explain why coaches going to Glastonbury have to depart from Greenwich. LEt's just add an hour on to every single person's journey huh?

I was lucky in that it was really easy for me to get to with step free access on public transport all the way and would have been just as long leaving from somewhere else.

They could have bloody had some signposts or something though. 

4 hours ago, Skoo said:

What coach number were you? We were coach 98 to Brighton.

The journey there was perfect. Had a 4:30am Monday return, which we dutifully arrived for at 4am.

Found that loads of people were ahead of us without tickets, and we didn't manage to fit on the 4:30am coach that arrived. 

Eventually got on a coach at about 5:15am.

Will only book a one way See Tickets coach if we're lucky enough to get tickets in 2019, and book an NE return, seems a bit more organised!

Was on 95 on the way out. Sorry to hear you missed out on the return. I agree that the returns are chaos and seem to be first come first served. They should publish a timetable and let people choose on a first come first served basis or actually check the tickets.

To be honest with the 4.30 coach home I did consider your suggestion of booking an NE one back.

Glad you were only delayed 45 minutes though. Even though my experience this year was good I think See could handle the returns a LOT better.