Your (potentially) Contraversial Changes to Glasto

One Tonne Baby

Double the number of tickets available. This will massively cut down the amount of disappointment on T day.

To offset the number of extra ticket holders, anyone found with a chair in front of a stage should be ritually disemboweled and their entrails flown from the onsite flagpoles. The crush barriers could be removed and replaced with said chairs. The savings in these  expenditures should then be used to purchase 3 extra cycle powered generators for Green Futures.

Should there prove to be a shortage of pre-erected onsite flagpoles, those carrying poles around the site could be pressed into service on a shift basis. This would involve laying face down for an 8 hour shift while acting as a temporary flagpole holder.

Colour coded wristbands should be issued along the lines of demographic and musical taste, thus making it much easier to identify the Wrong Sort and steer well clear.

Tazers and Cattle prods to be issued to stewards to ensure that the Wrong Sort do not accidentally mix. These will be charged by the new cycles in Green Futures.

Anybody found to be claiming Oasis are playing a secret set should be made to clean the long drops for 3 shifts. If they don't mention that Noel is always there anyway during the first two shifts, for the third one they will be issued with a brush.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems nothing has changed in half a decade . 

Admin has to be better for getting in and out of the site 

less tickets for various reasons but it shouldn't be as busy / crushed / frantic as it is . You should have a good chance to see whatever you want. 60 deep outside a tent for everything everything sounds insane 

Pissing/ littering spot fines 

not so much a change but always a bit baffled by the really small children. Doesn't seem like the safest environment, and dealing with a child is surely a pain in the arse. Anyway bad I say not a proposed change just something for people's own consciences / parenting standards 

I would like to see the following...

A reduction in tickets available. To many people now and it needs a rethink, it might mean I miss out but I've been and done it and I've missed years before.

something to make Shagri La less crowded, a ticket system maybe. You get a select day to head down there with your ticket or wristband and a website that you can trade with for he best day you would like to go! I love it down there, this year it was fantastic but after 12 it's just to dam crowded! Sack the unfairground off now, it's dated and don't offer much so just extend the rest. 

Make the temple even bigger, still ques again this year and it wasn't needed, security just holding people when they didn't need to. We was in there and it was empty on the floor and when we went out and saw the que we couldn't understand why. 

Stop giving free tickets out on Sundays. It's a strain on everything  

Stop chair w*nkers from sitting down close to the front who then moan when you tread on them because you can't fucking see them.

Sort out that bottleneck on the path at the back of the Pyramid, the tents need to be pushed further back because it's becoming a real health and safety hazard particularly on Sundays (I refer back to the first point).

More toilets in the main areas of the site. Also more toilets in the car parks. We were in E11 and the nearest toilets were several car parks away.  I'm sorry but they cannot complain about people pissing on the land if they don't provide enough toilets. 

Open more stages on Thursday, Williams Green is an absolute joke trying to see anything. That stuff should be on JP. 

So much of the camping is on the West of the site now, which means to get anywhere you have to go past either pyramid or other stage, which i think causes a lot of the congestion. They need more camping on the east or to have wider routes through the site. I was in the East Campervans this year and it was a real joy entering the site through the circus areas and so much less crowded.

I'd like more to do at night that isn't dance-music related. A few years back they had Mexican Luce wrestling which was great also a wall of death. How about night-time outdoor circuses with flame displays? 

love the idea of a cable car - that would be amazing

38 minutes ago, sselma said:

I'd like more to do at night that isn't dance-music related. A few years back they had Mexican Luce wrestling which was great also a wall of death. How about night-time outdoor circuses with flame displays? 

Fairly sure that was in the line up this year but didn't actually materialise.

Replace water points with fridges with chilled tonic water across the site. 

Allow anyone born in August 1980 to drive on site to drop tent off on Wednesday.

Chair only areas. Such areas to have terrible views and sound bleed. 

TBAs to be announced. 

Crow's Nest to renamed Badger set and placed lower on the hill. 

Additional 4 hours added to each day allocated to sleep. 

16 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Locals get tickets given to them on Sunday only, it's always far busier around the main stages. 

That's a tiny number of tickets, only for residents of places like Pilton and Pyle. They used to be given weekend tickets so I don't think you can blame the strain on them.

As someone that lives locally (not quite Pilton) I can tell you going about your normal day when the festival is on is a pain in the ass.

11 hours ago, admscott said:

Here is one, ludicrous thing I would do. Would never happen.

Unsigned acts between the main acts on the Pyramid. 

Have a separate stage at the front of the Pyramid. It's on hydraulics and goes up and down. Curtain on Pyramid so the setting up of the main act isn't a distraction. Separate mixing desk so it doesn't interfere with the setting up process. Unsigned band gets 30 - 45 minutes, depending on size of gap. Captive audience of either people who were about to leave but like what they hear, people who are just at the Pyramid all day (especially Sunday), and the crowds coming in for the next main act.

Would be a great way to champion unsigned artists. Could have poetry, or talks on the issues glastonbury tries to highlight too. 

Great idea!

4 minutes ago, ethernet said:

That's a tiny number of tickets, only for residents of places like Pilton and Pyle. They used to be given weekend tickets so I don't think you can blame the strain on them.

As someone that lives locally (not quite Pilton) I can tell you going about your normal day when the festival is on is a pain in the ass.

It's still a strain though whether several thousand or more because they all just sit at the pyramid stage all day. Also it's free for children u12 so theres far more families on site too.

4 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

It's still a strain though whether several thousand or more because they all just sit at the pyramid stage all day. Also it's free for children u12 so theres far more families on site too.

Those tickets are essential to keep the local residents on side. Keeping the local residents on side is essential for the future of the festival, not only completely fair for people who don't just have disruption during the festival but also the months leading up to it. It isn't as simple or as fair as just taking those tickets away. 

Edited by arcade fireman

I really miss the old alleyways of Shangri-La. That sense of discovering little areas of magic was far superior to queueing ages to dance to the same old music in a club-like environment. I appreciate that by '11 (particularly in the mud) it had become a safety issue, but even more little rooms around the outside (a bit like the pawn shop thwy had this year) would be great. I really miss Kamikaze Kareoke!

11 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

And what about the thousands of others from around the country that also sit around the Pyramid all day? Suppose we should stop them coming as they're a strain.

If the festival was held on your doorstep and you were directly affected by it I'm certain you'd feel differently.

15 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Those tickets are essential to keep the local residents on side. Keeping the local residents on side is essential for the future of the festival, not only completely fair for people who don't just have disruption during the festival but also the months leading up to it. It isn't as simple or as fair as just taking those tickets away. 

I appreciate the disruption and knew that any way, but failing taking those tickets away, something else needs to be done instead.

Reduce tickets, make spaces bigger. 

I appreciate reducing general sale tickets would mean rising the prices but it's just becoming a bit of a joke to get across the site when you have to use the Pyramid or Other.

6 minutes ago, ethernet said:

And what about the thousands of others from around the country that also sit around the Pyramid all day? Suppose we should stop them coming as they're a strain.

If the festival was held on your doorstep and you were directly affected by it I'm certain you'd feel differently.

My point is that far more people sit at the Pyramid all day on Sunday as they just want to see the headliner and bring their kids for the day. It happened last year with Coldplay too. Impossible to get anywhere and actually quite dangerous.

I've no problem with the additional numbers if they were spread out accordingly but you can tell who has not been on site all weekend - they don't seem to understand that you can't just roll out a picnic blanket and chairs on main pathways across stages. I'm not saying it's JUST them, but surely you can agree with me saying that something has to be done on site...

And your last point... i live in the second biggest city in the country. I'm constantly disrupted by events and too many people! Obviously not to the scale of Glastonbury but it's not like I'm sheltered.