What made you smile ?

Crazyfool01

Sorry to post again but there were sever things and I might forget them otherwise. 

During his Speaker's Corner bit, Michael Eavis took a question from somebody who muttered something about Pizza Hut. Eavis was delighted. The guy told the story. 

Several months ago, Eavis and company were dining at a local Pizza Hut and the questioner was his waiter. He knew who Eavis was but chickened out of saying so or mentioning he was in a band. Towards the end of the dinner he decided to go for it and invited Eavis to a gig he was doing locally a couple of months later. He wrote down the details, left it with him and didn't think anything more of it. 

Michael didn't forget, and two months later he turned up at the gig (he mentioned he spent ages trying to find the venue). Michael enjoyed himself so much he invited them to play at Glastonbury 2017. And there they were. 

The questioner missed the opportunity to say who his band was but it was a lovely little story that made me and everyone else there smile. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Sorry to post again but there were sever things and I might forget them otherwise. 

During his Speaker's Corner bit, Michael Eavis took a question from somebody who muttered something about Pizza Hut. Eavis was delighted. The guy told the story. 

Several months ago, Eavis and company were dining at a local Pizza Hut and the questioner was his waiter. He knew who Eavis was but chickened out of saying so or mentioning he was in a band. Towards the end of the dinner he decided to go for it and invited Eavis to a gig he was doing locally a couple of months later. He wrote down the details, left it with him and didn't think anything more of it. 

Michael didn't forget, and two months later he turned up at the gig (he mentioned he spent ages trying to find the venue). Michael enjoyed himself so much he invited them to play at Glastonbury 2017. And there they were. 

The questioner missed the opportunity to say who his band was but it was a lovely little story that made me and everyone else there smile. 

keep posting them I love the happy stories .. I've got several more to post too but must eat some supper too :)

Two women came over and declared that they had worled out I was Polish, when I said I was in full Mackem twang they were chuffed to bits and junping up and down. 

Kept the pretence up for a bit whilst continuing with my usual accent before telling them the truth. They were gutted then.

Total. Festival I got told I was Polish, Scottish, looked like the singer from Future Islands, looked like John Goodman, looked like some black guy out of predator and a few others that I cant remember anymore. 

People seem to like making compariaons of me. 

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Couldn't quite see the name of the band on the t-shirt but fair play to him

Also great comeback of asking when they'll be on the Pyramid

If anyone needed convincing Michael is as sharp as ever he pretty much recognised the guy straight away

The whole Q&A was a riot even the slightly tense stand off about Palestine which I thought Michael dealt with superbly 

Edited by Alcatraz

I just remembered about a group of lads in front of me all in red curly wigs. Their mate (on his stag) had leather shorts, a collar and cap and a cape. 

I helped in their antics by waxing the stags chest in the crowd before craig David. My friend kindly nominated me.

Seemed like nice lads and were having a great time taking the piss out of each other, singing and dancing

20170624_150339.jpg

Edited by Heather90

On Friday we were up in the Park in one of those huts, I noticed a guy wearing a t-shirt that said "it's my birthday!" so I congratulated him. His friends had surprised him that morning and were all wearing"It's his birthday!" t-shirts and they gave me one haha. We had lots of pictures, it was great. Happy birthday Eddie! 

1498503426634-1402056858.jpg

Edited by verrymerry

I was a bit worse for wear and on my own on the Thursday night about 1am in the Spaceport at Glade when a random young girl came and said I looked like I needed a hug, followed by her friends waving goodbye when they left. 

Some kids on stage dancing away for Sasha and Digweeds set in the Glade.

Also twisted burger company recognising I was from near Sheffield and asking if I wanted Henderson's Relish on my chips.

Met some awesome people in the massive queue for NYC downlow last night, had such a laugh despite not getting in there in time for Masters at work.... my fault for falling asleep till nearly midnight after london grammar!

The group of people in front of us for Run The Jewels - dressed like foxes and huntsmen - with some epic dance moves, totally going for it. Really made me smile my friend got a photo but she lost her camera in West Holts

also the couple getting engaged during Ultimate Power

and seeing Michael Eavis driving past and the accompanying cheers, claps, selfies and high fives that followed him

Seeing the sheer gratitude of a lovely French lady named Clare when I returned her phone (with bank cards) to her after finding it outside Beat Hotel on the way home to camp after a long night. 

Her English was a bit lacking but the concept of hugs are universal. I also found it funny that she offered to buy me something from the nearest food vendor that we had managed to agree to meet at. I wasn't quite feeling fish and chips at 4 in the morning though haha! 

Hope you had a good festival though Clare if you are out there. 

Did anyone see the blind running in the green fields on Thursday? People blindfolded and running about 50 m. Had people each side making sure they didn't run into crowd and someone at the end to catch them. They looked so funny as they were waving their arms around. Maybe you had to be there but it made me smile. 

Also - the girl who brought along bags and bags of vegetables and a huge drill and let us make vegetable instruments with her. The potato kazoo was sublime. You don't get this sort of stuff for free anywhere else but Glastonbury.

And the four people dressed as immaculate air hostesses that rocked up at the bridge near the cabaret tent field and 'welcomed' everyone who crossed over.

And the sheer number of people who jump at a chance to take a photo for your group.

And on the last night in Chameleon Bar, we went to get a photo with a guy dressed as Po the Teletubby. Instead everyone in their entire bar got in for a group photo.

In the healing fields two guys with an acoustic guitar and wooden box double bass playing Velvet Underground to me and my other half and just a couple of others