What made you smile ?

Crazyfool01

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the usual carpark run on Sunday morning the queue to get back into PGA was fairly substantial, there was next to no queue for those returning with sack trucks however. As I looked to my left wishing for the first time ever I had a trolley I saw a bloke walking on his hands and his mate holding his legs as they attempted to get in as a human wheel barrow!

Just ahead of me in that same queue a bloke was kicking off because they wouldn't let him in and I just heard the guy on the gate say, "what do you mean it's not fair? You've not got a ticket ya dickhead!"  

1 hour ago, JamboNelly said:

Young boy who couldn't have been more than 7 on his dads shoulders at Stormzy punching the air and mouthing every single line flawlessly.

This is what Glastonbury is all about. There were so many girls at K-Pez, placards hoisted up, glitter a go-go, singing every single word with tears of joy in their eyes. 

Hacienda Classical opening the festival, really fitting with the recent events in Manchester and brought a tear to many eyes I'm sure. 

Out rocks Rowetta... again fittingly dressed in the bee outfit in respect to Manchester.

Out rocks Bez... instantly tries to dry hump the bee. 

So wrong but so right.

My niece made me smile a lot! She's wanted to come for a long time and my response has always been 'when you're 18!'  This year she reminded me so I bought her ticket, transport and vodka. She was absolutely loving it all but hadn't had a moment. During Ed, she sobbed like a baby and couldn't stop she was so overwhelmed. I was so happy she 'got it'. I love that girl so much! 

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

A few months or so I posted a post about a friend of mine who died. Her friend not at the festival posted on the the glasto chat facebook page asking for people to take a selfie with a  hashtag #foremma. over 500 people took a picture

If you did it. Thank you very much it meant a lot to her friends.

That is excellent - on occasions Social Media can do brilliant things. 

Guy in the Spaceport just before Altern-8 with one leg in a medical plastic boot up to the knee, leaning on both crutches with one arm, raving away.

About an hour later on my way to Ride I saw a girl with a broken leg with one of those frames around it and all the metal 'pins' going into her leg. A bloke was giving her a piggyback around the site. There was a group of them so I assume they were taking it in turns.

Edited by Homer

17 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

My niece made me smile a lot! She's wanted to come for a long time and my response has always been 'when you're 18!'  This year she reminded me so I bought her ticket, transport and vodka. She was absolutely loving it all but hadn't had a moment. During Ed, she sobbed like a baby and couldn't stop she was so overwhelmed. I was so happy she 'got it'. I love that girl so much! 

She did look like she was getting into it at the efest meet :) 

The memory that I keep catching myself smiling at is a tent full of (presumably) mainly straight people - because it seemed to be mostly male/female couples - belting out "Sing if you're glad to be gay" to Tom Robinson.  If only that kind of lack of prejudice existed everywhere.  

Smiled for loads of different reasons but a laugh out loud moment was in Silver Hayes. I left the BBC introducing tent on Thursday during Annie Mac and messaged my mate to say i was going to get something to eat as I wasn't getting back in and to meet me afterwards.

As i looked up there were 2 legs in the air coming from one of the bins. The bloke managed to role out and still had the bin bag and elastic band holding on round his waist, looking utterly confused and his mates pissing themselves laughing.

My smiliest moment was my boyfriend proposing to me at the top of the ribbon tower Sunday afternoon! Completely unexpected and the people who witnessed it were all so lovely and one guy even captured it on film as he happened to be filming the festival site at the time and saw what was happening. He immediately came over to give us his business card so we could get in touch with him to get a copy of the video, what a nice guy. 

Another heartwarming moment was two guys standing in front of us for Radiohead who stared embracing about 20 mins into their set. They hugged for ages, clearly a really special moment for them and brought a tear to my eye at the time. 

3 hours ago, Skoo said:

My smiliest moment was my boyfriend proposing to me at the top of the ribbon tower Sunday afternoon! Completely unexpected and the people who witnessed it were all so lovely and one guy even captured it on film as he happened to be filming the festival site at the time and saw what was happening. He immediately came over to give us his business card so we could get in touch with him to get a copy of the video, what a nice guy. 

Another heartwarming moment was two guys standing in front of us for Radiohead who stared embracing about 20 mins into their set. They hugged for ages, clearly a really special moment for them and brought a tear to my eye at the time. 

I was crying when I read you got engaged... many congratulations to yourself and Mr Skoo, and then cried even more at the blokes cuddling. That is glastonbury to me. Cuddles and understanding. We all know how we're feeling! I just love it. X