What made you smile ?

Crazyfool01

11 minutes ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Meeting you on the railway line at about 0230 on the Thursday morning. 

Made my festival actually.

Tomorrow begins the plans for the next festival clothing ... have a few ideas brewing nothing to overstated :) will keep it low profile . quite hard keeping up with who I met with the usernames and real name combinations and a few drinks consumed too 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

What small thing made you guys smile ? Mine was a lovely young lady in Arcadia asked to wear my hat and when I took it off she remarked that I was a really good looking guy under that hat ... I've been a bit down about singleness lately and she really cheered me up so whoever you were thanks it actually meant a lot too me 

I met you whilst watching Paul currie

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Kudos to the security guy at pyramid who helped a young girl over the barrier at the sound stage so she could see .. he also took some photos of her .. security often get a bad rep but her parents looked absolutely stoked :)

Was this at the crush barrier? Tall slim guy with dark hair?

We had a lovely chat with a security man. They were excellent at the Pyramid and seemed to be really enjoying it whilst doing a great job

Young girl, aged about 10, doing a version of Rolling In The Deep on the open mic stage by Williams Green. Fluffed her lines, then absolutely smashed it after starting again.

Two lovely ladies I met at Club du Fromage. All my friends had gone back to the tent, and, completely out of character for me, I went and explained my situation to them and asked if I could be their friend for the evening. Had a great time with them - they didn't even do a runner when I popped to the toilet!

Might be a little random but seeing many women and girls of all ages having a great time and gerally loving life. Following the events in Manchester I felt this was particuarly important and uplifting

6 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

Was this at the crush barrier? Tall slim guy with dark hair?

We had a lovely chat with a security man. They were excellent at the Pyramid and seemed to be really enjoying it whilst doing a great job

more the big sound thing .. no issues at all with security this year .. even got free bottles for water off them on the way in .. and way out too 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

more the big sound thing .. no issues at all with security this year .. even got free bottles for water off them on the way in .. and way out too 

Seems they were just a good bunch all round. 

The guy I mentioned also took pictures for a girl and held her up so she could see the crowd.  He was also very nice to a girl next to us who had a bit of a panic when foos started. 

Water was a lifesaver! 

Apologies for talking about myself smiling! Hubbie had been quite unwell, in hospital etc before Glasto week. We were heartbroken, had given up the campervan and resigned ourselves. A couple of days in he was feeling better and the doc said it would do us good mentally to go so we decided to try. We booked off site, drove there on Saturday, bought a parking ticket and parked in Purple.

We walked in through Gate B. As soon as we got our wristbands the feeling was especially incredible and I couldn't stop smiling...it was the most wonderful feeling to be there. We only had one and a half days instead of the usual nearly a week but WE MADE IT!!!! Fantastic...and I even found my bin in Williams Green! Xx

2 hours ago, Spacey said:

Did anyone see the blind running in the green fields on Thursday? People blindfolded and running about 50 m. Had people each side making sure they didn't run into crowd and someone at the end to catch them. They looked so funny as they were waving their arms around. Maybe you had to be there but it made me smile. 

I was there and it was really funny indeed. Had a big laugh, some of them were going really fast! 

IMG_2778.PNG

5 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes. They played a great set before the killers and I thought he was fucking hilarious. Thousands of people screaming "i fucking hate you and I wish you would die" :lol:

This!

1 hour ago, Dillyblue said:

Apologies for talking about myself smiling! Hubbie had been quite unwell, in hospital etc before Glasto week. We were heartbroken, had given up the campervan and resigned ourselves. A couple of days in he was feeling better and the doc said it would do us good mentally to go so we decided to try. We booked off site, drove there on Saturday, bought a parking ticket and parked in Purple.

We walked in through Gate B. As soon as we got our wristbands the feeling was especially incredible and I couldn't stop smiling...it was the most wonderful feeling to be there. We only had one and a half days instead of the usual nearly a week but WE MADE IT!!!! Fantastic...and I even found my bin in Williams Green! Xx

This has made me smile. I nominate this.

I brought diffraction glasses. I probably put them on 100 people at various venues. Every person I saw who looked like they were having a great time or an awful time. Usually people looked at me in distrust and tried to refuse. Once they put them on and looked at the lights it was pure joy every time. Kept me smiling every night and also won me a few treats :D

13 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

Seeing tiny little babies and children having their time of their lives

This. Took my 10 month old who completely loved it and was overwhelmed by the people, noises, colours, flags, everything!

But in the kids field on the Friday morning I commented to my boyfriend that every child there was having the time of their lives. Total joy on the faces of every one of them

13 hours ago, Doug85 said:

During the Beans on Toast set in left field on Saturday night he told the story of writing a song about two people who had gotten in touch with him to dedicate songs to each other at a gig in Brighton last year and to his surprise they were there! So he got them up on stage and let them dance whilst he played their song and it was incredibly touching. 

Beans was a good lad anyway but shows how much he cares with things like this. 

This was a lovely moment

Edited by TheSheriff
Spelling