Headliners 2019

nban2010

Killers must be a good bet

Beyond that, I've no idea. Maybe someone like Foals if they have a massive album next year. 

Then someone poppy, Gaga, Swift, Beyonce again maybe. 

Year after. Fleetwood Mac, a reformed Led Zep, Crazy Horse b2b with Buffalo Springfield. 

Edited by TheNewUnion
More things

The Killers are very likely I'd have thought, would be 12 years and they always go down well.

Kings of Leon are keen to return as well.

For the third - could be anything - think Florence is too soon, Lady Gaga would need to have another proper hit album in the UK, Maybe Madonna? Never played before, female, certainly big enough etc etc. I really don't know.

Elton to top pyramid or play legend slot in one of the two years we know to be happening so far and Diana Ross for a legend slot too.

I think Fleetwood Mac are one of the headliners they have lined up for the 50th anniversary in 2020. 

Would have said The 1975 but apparently they're taking next summer off, if that rings true they'll probably do Reading in 2019 and Glasters in 2020. 

I'll go:

Arctics

Elton

Tay Tay

If Elton agrees to do the legends slot then swap Arctics to Saturday and give Friday to a new headliner, probably Foals, but I don't think he will.

I do think The Killers will do it next time they're about but, given they're starting an album cycle this summer, they probably won't be doing the rounds in 2019. 

Edited by Zac Quinn

34 minutes ago, scmusic said:

Emily said in one of the articles that Royal Blood and Alt-J were both potential future Pyramid headliners, so you never know... from my social circle RB were better received than Alt-J but not sure they're "there" yet... 

Alt-J are probably the bigger band though. They have massive global appeal. I don't much care for either mind, so wouldn't be there. 

10 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I reckon if Royal Blood get another album out by then, they have to be looking at a headline slot, alongside The Killers. I dunno who I'd guess as the 3rd though. Maybe Noel or Liam Gallagher?

The third has to be less 'Radio X' if the first two are the Royal Bloods and The Killers, surely

It's nice that 2019 is a bit unpredictable after this year's trio were basically nailed on so damn early

Edited by Zac Quinn

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

The third has to be less 'Radio X' if the first two are the Royal Bloods and The Killers, surely

It's nice that 2019 is a bit unpredictable after this year's trio were basically nailed on by Autumn 2015.

Good point. I guess Noel would be a crowd pleaser on a Sunday though. You'll have all the deck chair w*nkers in the pyramid field waiting for him

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

I do think The Killers will do it next time they're about but, given they're starting an album cycle this summer, they probably won't be doing the rounds in 2019. 

Last time round they started July 2012 and finished August 2014, so a good couple of years touring.

Perhaps 'start' and 'finish' the album tour at Glastonbury(s)?

Nailed on, I think.

2 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Kendrick Lamar

Arctic Monkeys

Taylor Swift (sadly continuing the trend of headliners who rely on songwriters for hire)

Ed writes his own songs and Taylor isn't just another written for star, don't tar them all with bring told what to write.