Jump to content
nban2010

Headliners 2019

Recommended Posts

Kendrick Lamar

Arctic Monkeys

Taylor Swift (sadly continuing the trend of headliners who rely on songwriters for hire)

Edited by addicted2noise
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Killers must be a good bet

Beyond that, I've no idea. Maybe someone like Foals if they have a massive album next year. 

Then someone poppy, Gaga, Swift, Beyonce again maybe. 

Year after. Fleetwood Mac, a reformed Led Zep, Crazy Horse b2b with Buffalo Springfield. 

Edited by TheNewUnion
More things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Killers are very likely I'd have thought, would be 12 years and they always go down well.

Kings of Leon are keen to return as well.

For the third - could be anything - think Florence is too soon, Lady Gaga would need to have another proper hit album in the UK, Maybe Madonna? Never played before, female, certainly big enough etc etc. I really don't know.

Elton to top pyramid or play legend slot in one of the two years we know to be happening so far and Diana Ross for a legend slot too.

 

I think Fleetwood Mac are one of the headliners they have lined up for the 50th anniversary in 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have said The 1975 but apparently they're taking next summer off, if that rings true they'll probably do Reading in 2019 and Glasters in 2020. 

I'll go:

Arctics

Elton

Tay Tay

If Elton agrees to do the legends slot then swap Arctics to Saturday and give Friday to a new headliner, probably Foals, but I don't think he will.

I do think The Killers will do it next time they're about but, given they're starting an album cycle this summer, they probably won't be doing the rounds in 2019. 

Edited by Zac Quinn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emily said in one of the articles that Royal Blood and Alt-J were both potential future Pyramid headliners, so you never know... from my social circle RB were better received than Alt-J but not sure they're "there" yet... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey, everyone's saying Killers! That must have been a bloody good set I didn't go to yesterday!

This is really tough, I'll say ...

Lady Gaga

Foals

Arctic Monkeys

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, scmusic said:

Emily said in one of the articles that Royal Blood and Alt-J were both potential future Pyramid headliners, so you never know... from my social circle RB were better received than Alt-J but not sure they're "there" yet... 

Alt-J are probably the bigger band though. They have massive global appeal. I don't much care for either mind, so wouldn't be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon if Royal Blood get another album out by then, they have to be looking at a headline slot, alongside The Killers. I dunno who I'd guess as the 3rd though. Maybe Noel or Liam Gallagher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I reckon if Royal Blood get another album out by then, they have to be looking at a headline slot, alongside The Killers. I dunno who I'd guess as the 3rd though. Maybe Noel or Liam Gallagher?

The third has to be less 'Radio X' if the first two are the Royal Bloods and The Killers, surely

It's nice that 2019 is a bit unpredictable after this year's trio were basically nailed on so damn early

Edited by Zac Quinn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zac Quinn said:

The third has to be less 'Radio X' if the first two are the Royal Bloods and The Killers, surely

It's nice that 2019 is a bit unpredictable after this year's trio were basically nailed on by Autumn 2015.

Good point. I guess Noel would be a crowd pleaser on a Sunday though. You'll have all the deck chair w*nkers in the pyramid field waiting for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at mega bands from the noughties that are realising their next album this year and next year there's a lot that it could be by 2019 depending on how successful they are with them, and there's also a fair few massive bands left to play the festival. I'd love to see a reformed Oasis headlining as suggested above, but until the Gallagher brothers are locked in a room by their management until they either kill each other or agree to do a show that's not happening. 

I'd go for;

Arctic Monkeys/The Killers

Biffy Clyro/Iron Maiden

Fleetwood Mac/Elton John

 

Edited by battleborn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

I do think The Killers will do it next time they're about but, given they're starting an album cycle this summer, they probably won't be doing the rounds in 2019. 

Last time round they started July 2012 and finished August 2014, so a good couple of years touring.

Perhaps 'start' and 'finish' the album tour at Glastonbury(s)?

Nailed on, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AThirteen said:

Last time round they started July 2012 and finished August 2014, so a good couple of years touring.

Perhaps 'start' and 'finish' the album tour at Glastonbury(s)?

Nailed on, I think.

Think you're right. They're booked events up until October are all festivals. The albums due in September, so you could seem the doing a year and a half of stadium gigs evenly spaced through America and Europe (and maybe a few more places) before coming back to Glastonbury to headline. 

Edited by battleborn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×