Dave Grohl & Famous People

Jasonbee

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotted ...

Matt Everett from 6 Music at the Bootleg Beatles pyramid set

Skin from Skunk Anansie at the Pyramid (maybe after Royal Blood)

Brett Anderson in the Healing Fields

My friend met Johnny Depp

But the best one is my husband met Justice watching Slaves on Sunday morning. He asked them to play Civilisation (which they sort of did a bit of)

Edited by moho79
Spelling

Don't normally see any - but managed four (pretty crap) ones this year!!!

After Bo Ningen in The Park, Andy Bell walked past with (presumably) his mrs (so the one from Ride, not Erasure... obvs).

Then walked up to the Crows Nest and saw Lauren Laverne walking around then in the back entrance..

Was in the central path in the naughty corner v late and saw Seann Walsh. I was feeling v happy at the time so said 'I've seen you, you're funny'. He gave me a look that said fuck off', so I said 'shake my hand mate', which he did with no enthusiasm and I left him to it.

Got chatting to a guy next to me at Jagwar Ma who told me he was mates with them and they're lovely guys. Turned out he was in the band Yak.

Edited by Homer

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Seeing Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and Bradley Cooper within about 15 minutes of each other at Kris Kristofferson is probably gonna be an untoppable hat trick, starpower-wise.

In terms of folk we bumped into, just Hooky, Wayne Coyne and Jimmy Carr.  So a bit of a step down.

Jeeez thats very impressive!, I take it Depp, Pitt and Cooper were on the side of the stage?

4 minutes ago, edwardjc14 said:

Jeeez thats very impressive!, I take it Depp, Pitt and Cooper were on the side of the stage?

Cooper was onstage between the acts filming scenes for his remake of A Star Is Born and then introduced The Stoff.  Pitt was sidestage watching and The Deppster wandered out halfway through to provide some cursory back up guitar on a couple of songs.

Stood just in front of guitarist & drummer from Everything Everything at Pyramid for Radiohead

I'll also join the masses who spotted Jimmy Carr, this time wandering aimlessly around Pyramid field Sunday morning 

and said hello to the Nugget at his Fri eve set at the Spike 

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cooper was onstage between the acts filming scenes for his remake of A Star Is Born and then introduced The Stoff.  Pitt was sidestage watching and The Deppster wandered out halfway through to provide some cursory back up guitar on a couple of songs.

Ahh I see, sounds good, especially the filming scenes of a film! 

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Seeing Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and Bradley Cooper within about 15 minutes of each other at Kris Kristofferson is probably gonna be an untoppable hat trick, starpower-wise.

In terms of folk we bumped into, just Hooky, Wayne Coyne and Jimmy Carr.  So a bit of a step down.

Yep, that was pretty cool at Kristofferson. The film thing was mad before.

I saw grotbags during a mushroom trip Saturday night. She was cleaning up some fluorescent foxes that had been pestering me in the healing fields.

No other celebrities, never do. I've not got an eye for a celebrity spot

18 minutes ago, edwardjc14 said:

Jimmy Carr seemed to be filming half the Killers set on his phone :lol:

The one thing I noticed about Jimmy Carr was how pale he looked. He obviously hadn't been there on Wednesday. My forehead (which is bigger than his), was peeling like a bugger by the Sunday!

While waiting for Alien Covenant in Pilton Palais right at the back by the railings, Tilda  Swinton and friends arrived and sat against the railings too, a few people along  from me. She got a coffee before it started and on her way back to her spot looked down at my funky coloured Converse and smiled to herself. 

Also at the middle back again, saw her there again for the Okja premiere (really good film!). She introduced it with the production crew and then sat a couple of people in front of me on the left. Was funny to watch her watch herself on screen, she seemed embarrassed every time she appeared. After the film I told her I really liked the film and she smiled at me and said thanks. She then got mobbed for photos so I left her to it. 

Also saw Johnny Depp play guitar with Kristofferson and Beans on Toast by the sound booths at Pyramid for Royal Blood.  

Edited by sime

On 27/06/2017 at 7:54 AM, Monkismo said:

I did the same up at the Park on Saturday morning. My mates didn't believe he was just ambling about until they then bumped into him sat on the hill.

I also said hi to Thom as he walked across the Park stage mound after his secret dj set in the Stone Bridge. He wasn't stopping though. 

34 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I also said hi to Thom as he walked across the Park stage mound after his secret dj set in the Stone Bridge. He wasn't stopping though. 

No, I think he must just have had loads of people do it - I got a simple "cheers" as he quickly relinquished grip and walked off with his Mrs. To be fair, he'd probably get less attention if he didn't look so "Thom Yorke". But that makes him human, I guess. Terrible top-knot though.