Thursday arrival - how are you coping?

Heather90

Was gutted to be missing Wednesday and heading up to the Glasto sign (I could only get a 1pm coach from Reading tomorrow) but having seen the forecast and pictures of everybody stood there sweating their tits off, I actually feel that in a way we've dodged a bullet!

Edited by alexmckenzie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Due to child care we've arrived Thursday the last few times, I actually now prefer it...

- No queueing

- Arrive fresh after a good night sleep

- Much fresher for when the music actually starts. 

- A bit of extra time spent with our son. 

We're winning #TeamThursday 

been going every year since 2008, first time not going on wednesday. mixed feelings of being so gutted about it, but also looking forward to arriving fresh first thing tomorrow morning.

the temptation to head there tonight is UNREAL but i know it's for the best waiting till tomorrow

enjoy everyone!

Having a lovely time at Glastonbury town.

At the Tor for sunrise and the Chalice Well for midday Solstice ceremony.

Round the ruins of the Abbey, followed by a light dose of shrooms and up the Tor again this evening for sunset.

So getting all my hippy stuff done today, up and away tomorrow...hope there's a camping spot left.

1 hour ago, chrismcb said:

Does the bus still run into town for a couple of quid? We plan on dropping the gear off then heading into town to get some drink and take it back. We've done this other years (last being 2010) so wondering is this still an option?

Yeh there's free shuttles to & from Glastonbury & Shepton mallet I think 

My day has significantly improved. No more work. Bag sealed. Rum decanted, bag sealed except for makeup to be added tomorrow morning and im off!

Feeling more chilled than previous years in the run up. Think the extra evening mid week did help. 

Debating whether to remove past years bands. Only just put them on

20170621_164703.jpg

Edited by Heather90

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm chipper enough.

It would be nice to be on site and cracking open a cold can, but not to the extent that I'd have wanted to queue overnight or get caught in ^ that.

Overnight in the queue on Tuesday was by far the best of the ones I've done. 

Lively during afternoon / evening time. But everyone settled down late at night. Crossing the 'mystical threshold' of the gate to use the portaloo was a bit odd!

Good bunch of likeminded, nice people.

Security very helpful apart from the one tit bullying his younger colleague during my bag search. 

Very mild night and got some decent sleep.

First in (from that gate), tent up by 8am. Thai curry at 9am. Yummers.

Quite surprised on the whole. 

No Mrs Woffy though, which was guff.

Bit shit being home again now though, although I've been sat with my feet in the paddling pool, drinking beer. 

Work tomorrow, although we're now sacking it off at lunchtime to head back as soon as mini-Woffy is handed to grandparents.  

Strange stuff. Would love to be in the R&F now. 

Edited by Woffy

No choice but going Thursday - Granddaughter's first birthday today - would have been shot if not there (mind you I wouldn't miss it for the world).

Bit inconvenient being born on 21st though, going to clash badly at some point though....

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wouldn't have got a wink of sleep and seem completely incapable of napping - so I'd be starting 5 nights of hardcore mischief on a massive sleep deficit.  I'd probably get quite run down quite quickly.

What time are you off tomorrow?

We're coming tomorrow for the first time ever, always been a Wednesday boy before now.

A bit anxious about a small group of us finding a space for three tents together... has anyone struggled for space when arriving on the Thursday? Anywhere in particular that fills up last?

Never really paid attention to it before..

Only got back from Oz on Monday night so not going down until tomorrow- friends have saved some space but I am a bit nervous about it being taken so I ended up buying a smaller tent today to make sure I can squeeze in! Normally go early Weds but this year has too much to sort out yesterday and today. Am glad I wasn't queuing tho in this heat- it took my friends 3.5 hours this morning! 

Now have to go pack light - have forgot to get bag tags tho! 

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Redeye out of Edinburgh to Brizzle Airport and hopefully on site before the sun's over the yard-arm.

Ahhh. That's not too bad dude. 

I cant wait to get back. Glasto Latino is calling. 

5 minutes ago, sedra said:

Only got back from Oz on Monday night so not going down until tomorrow- friends have saved some space but I am a bit nervous about it being taken so I ended up buying a smaller tent today to make sure I can squeeze in! Normally go early Weds but this year has too much to sort out yesterday and today. Am glad I wasn't queuing tho in this heat- it took my friends 3.5 hours this morning! 

Now have to go pack light - have forgot to get bag tags tho! 

Where are you aiming / hoping to camp?

Edited by Woffy