Leaving the site on Saturday

jparx

Rather annoyingly I will have to leave the festival early on Saturday morning. I've never had to do this before, so I'm not sure how best to go about it. I'm not driving, so I'll have to rely on public transport. The shuttle to Castle Cary seems like it will be too late. How's best to get to Castle Cary station from Gate A? I was thinking about an Uber - do they operate around the festival? 

Cheers in advance!

3 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

No Ubers round here, but you can pre-book a local taxi, they pretty much run 24 hours during the festival period :)

Thanks for that! How much do you reckon it'd be to Castle Cary? And do the know the names of any reliable taxi firms around there? :D

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Thanks for that! How much do you reckon it'd be to Castle Cary? And do the know the names of any reliable taxi firms around there? :D

Your best bet is to run through the list of taxi companies in Castle Cary from the Yell page : https://www.yell.com/s/taxis+and+private+hire+vehicles-castle+cary.html ... I've not used many taxis round here but have found they all seem to have different ways of working, so some may not do that journey, or that time, or whatever.  You should be able to get a price out of them too as it is likely a journey they do more than a few times :)

On 21 June 2017 at 9:24 AM, jparx said:

Rather annoyingly I will have to leave the festival early on Saturday morning. I've never had to do this before, so I'm not sure how best to go about it. I'm not driving, so I'll have to rely on public transport. The shuttle to Castle Cary seems like it will be too late. How's best to get to Castle Cary station from Gate A? I was thinking about an Uber - do they operate around the festival? 

Cheers in advance!

Give you a lift for you're wristband