Worthy View arrivals

jalien01

For anyone who is interested. 

Just arrived at Worthy View (6am) zero traffic to get here. No searches getting into car park. 

Only around 150 cars parked so far. People chilling out around cars. 

Have been told by security that queue will form around 7am and gates open at 8am

doesnt seem to be anymore security than normal. But haven't walked up to entrance. 

8 minutes ago, char90 said:

Could you possibly ask if print outs of the barcode PDF is necessary or if we can scan on my phone if we're all arriving together? Otherwise we're stopping off en route :D 

I did read previously that they would prefer printouts as phones showing barcodes may not be readable. 

10 minutes ago, jalien01 said:

I did read previously that they would prefer printouts as phones showing barcodes may not be readable. 

Thank you, we'll most likely stop and print to be safe. Completely slipped my mind and I've been obsessive organising everything else! 

First time in. Queues are slow. Security are checking every bag, some more vigorously than others. 

Mine they just opened and shoved an arm in to feel. My Mrs they took hers apart and checked all her makeup etc. Broke her zip. 

No patdowns. 

There is a tent where a few people have been taken off for a more thorough search.

Butane is allowed and aerosols also, unlike some of the stories I'm hearing from the other pedestrian gates  

I need to do a few more trips to the car and there is no quick re-entry. You have to queue again and get all additional stuff searched  

5 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Why are people queuing to get in to worthy view? Surely half the point of it is the allocated tent waiting for you so you don't need to get there early.

Some people like to get here early and start the party quicker.

I was here at 6am banging on the door. The searches are slowing everything down that's why there is queuing. 

Reflections:

Set off at 4am, same time as last year. At my tent at 10am, as compared to 5pm lst year!

There's a bit of confusion over re-entry, but seem to be letting you do it as normal now.

More thorough bag checks, but just ask about glass as normal.

Very thorough check of photo - if you're trying to get in on someone elses ticket, it's going to be tough.

There are no linen bags.

It's very hot.

Long queues now to actually get into the festival. Additional thorough searches at Worthy View gate. 

Pockets emptied into trays and pat down  

men and women separate queues to be searched  

Ridiculous. 

Already been searched once. 

If you do not have a bag though you can go straight through. 

Edited by jalien01

36 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Reflections:

Set off at 4am, same time as last year. At my tent at 10am, as compared to 5pm lst year!

There's a bit of confusion over re-entry, but seem to be letting you do it as normal now.

More thorough bag checks, but just ask about glass as normal.

Very thorough check of photo - if you're trying to get in on someone elses ticket, it's going to be tough.

There are no linen bags.

It's very hot.

They are selling the linen bags on site for £4

1 minute ago, jalien01 said:

Long queues now to actually get into the festival. Additional thorough searches at Worthy View gate. Ridiculous. 

Already been searched once. 

I know it's a Ped gate too but you would think they would check for WV wristbands and have a separate search queue knowing they have already been searched- surely this will save time and speed up for those who haven't come down from WV. 

11 minutes ago, layasway said:

I know it's a Ped gate too but you would think they would check for WV wristbands and have a separate search queue knowing they have already been searched- surely this will save time and speed up for those who haven't come down from WV. 

Indeed. They might do that when everyone's in?