Do NOT do two trips!!!!

K2SO

Been told by security that even if you have made one trip, got your wrostband and passout, you still have to join the normal queue with everyone else if you are bringing a second bag.

In all honesty, I am fucked and will most likely lose my Wednesday at the fest, as the plan was to queue up, set up the tent and sleep for a bit, then go back and breeze through with our bags. That's not happening now, as we're going to spend most of tomorrow queueing again!!!

I know they are supposedly trying to keep people safe, but shouldn't they have either set up an extra search table for people coming back in, or told everyone in advance that that was going to happen.

Shambles so far this year.

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Just take what you need for Wednesday and pick the rest up wednesday evening when the queues have died down.

I can't, because if I leave my current position to go get anything else, I'll be sent to the back of the queue again! All I have is my tent, the clothes I'm wearing and a chair

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

That can't be right. People will still be queuing up to get in on Friday morning at this rate.

It is exactly what I've been told by security. Gonna be a loooong queue.

1 minute ago, GriZlore said:

So no advantage of not taking all your kit on a trolley then?

Or is it too early to suss out how they are gonna deal with the reported separate queues for large/trolley and other ?

None whatsover. So much for pack light!!

Nope, they have been sending everyone through one queue

2 minutes ago, halfpint said:

It wouldn't surprise me if this were correct - staff are been searched every time they go in with a bag - not matter what size it is you have to question. 

So far every staff even with a small bag pulled every time.

Have to admit I had an inkling something like this might happen but stayed away from discussing it as people get really mardy about pass out rights.

But the reason there has been a separate pass out lane in the past is that the thing that limits the speed of the main queue is checking tickets and wristbanding. That's the bit that takes longest and people on a second trip don't need to do that. So it's faster to process them separately. It's been clear for a while this year that the limiting factor on processing speed at the gate won't be ticket checking and banding but searching. And pass-outs have to be treated the same with respect to searches as first entrants. So there's abosolutely no advantage to having a separate pass out queue in terms of speed of processing all entires. You can't get through the gate any quicker so it's absolutely logical to have you in the same queue as everyone else. And if that discourages people from making a second trip until the queues die down its a net plus.

As frustrating as it might be to those used to the old system it is perfectly logical from a simple optimisation point of view.

18 minutes ago, garc1a said:

So far every staff even with a small bag pulled every time.

Sorrry this is not true. We queued to get in with big bags, got searched. Went back for little stuff and got a separate queue for small bags. 

Yes it's going to take longer than normal but the set up is good. 

Is it the full on job with dogs running over piles of luggage, or was that overstated? Sure that once the rudimentaries are over everyone will forget and we'll all have a belter. Genuinely believe the festival is doing this for all of us. A little patience = much enjoyment.

1 minute ago, Jugtanion said:

Is it the full on job with dogs running over piles of luggage, or was that overstated? Sure that once the rudimentaries are over everyone will forget and we'll all have a belter. Genuinely believe the festival is doing this for all of us. A little patience = much enjoyment.

We can't be sure until the gates open. Everyone had a brief search.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

And that won't last you ten hours once inside until the queues go down? What else do you need to enjoy the best place on earth?

For starters, a jumper or blanket because it is fucking freezing right now!