• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Don't think Bricktop does, but I might be wrong 

I hate a feeling he said when Brad Pitt screwed his organised fight up. Haven't watched it in a while though. 

35 minutes ago, katiepougher said:

Any update on the actual traffic? 

(Tries to get conversation back on an even keel)

Nice move Katie.

I just looked on G maps and its showing the road from West Shepton to Pilton is closed until 26June !?

Thats my usual route to get to West car parks.
How do I get to West car park if I have to stop in Shepton first ?

15 minutes ago, KingOfSnake said:

Nice move Katie.

I just looked on G maps and its showing the road from West Shepton to Pilton is closed until 26June !?

I went through here on Sunday both ways. Google maps was constantly trying to redirect me and tell me I couldn't go this way but the roads were fine.

Basically they have arranged/informed Google to divert all traffic around that area for non-Festival people and Festival goers. Basically follow the signs and not google maps when you get close. 

20 minutes ago, KingOfSnake said:

Nice move Katie.

If you mean the B3136 from Shepton to Pilton it's not closed.....or at least it wasn't on Sunday when I drove it to dispel closure rumours.  The only traffic control is at the junction with A361 where signs indicate you can turn right to head through the viallge to get to Pink/Orange/Yellow etc.

There is a small side road closed near the Shepton end where a house has some scaffold up but the main route to Pilton was not affected.

Edited by parsonjack

1 hour ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

It was a meme from a well known English film. That is all, if people wanna get their knickers in a twist over it let them 

"It was in a film" doesn't excuse racial slurs like that.

I imagine it's a blind spot for most of the UK whether it is offensive but shouting down the guy affected by it is pretty gross behaviour.

Sheptons reopen now.  It was park road that was closed, causing a knock on effect to the tesco roundabout.  Should start clearing.

Som live, live thread (you'll want an adblocker and watchout for auto play video, sigh)

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/live-updates-occupation-shepton-mallet-123001

33 minutes ago, Diva Sam said:

I went through here on Sunday both ways. Google maps was constantly trying to redirect me and tell me I couldn't go this way but the roads were fine.

Basically they have arranged/informed Google to divert all traffic around that area for non-Festival people and Festival goers. Basically follow the signs and not google maps when you get close. 

So does this mean that I can for example bristol cut in towards shepton, a37 and right at cannards into a361/eventual park hill to yellow/orange?. I really want orange to be honest but after getting pink last year I'm wary going that close to pink. Yellow at least gives me a chance of still ending up in orange.

32 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

If you mean the B3136 from Shepton to Pilton it's not closed.....or at least it wasn't on Sunday when I drove it to dispel closure rumours.  The only traffic control is at the junction with A361 where signs indicate you can turn right to head through the viallge to get to Pink/Orange/Yellow etc.

There is a small side road closed near the Shepton end where a house has some scaffold up but the main route to Pilton was not affected.

That's the route i looked at, turning right out of a37 before touching shepton and coming back in turnin right from another road onto the a361/yellow, orange and pink.  Just do not come in from Glastonbury towards Pilton as the 1st car park by about 10 yards is pink left and it's very trial and error to be able to go those extra yards.....especially when you'd be cutting on from the right in before the flow coming from the opposite turning left.

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So does this mean that I can for example bristol cut in towards shepton, a37 and right at cannards into a361/eventual park hill to yellow/orange?.

The right turn from A37 onto A361 after Cannards Grave is closed wef 0001 this morning.

If you want to head West through Pilton village to approach Yellow/Orange first the only way will be to use the B3136 from Shepton (near Tescos...) to then turn right onto the A361 just East of Pilton itself.

18 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

The right turn from A37 onto A361 after Cannards Grave is closed wef 0001 this morning.

If you want to head West through Pilton village to approach Yellow/Orange first the only way will be to use the B3136 from Shepton (near Tescos...) to then turn right onto the A361 just East of Pilton itself.

thanks. Glad i asked and didnt listen to google :)

Lets hope theres not a huuuggee queue getting into Shepton.

My Dads side are all Romany Gypsy, nice to see people talking about Gypsies in such a derogatory tone...

Racism to gypsies seems to be the last socially accepted form of racism. In the not so distant future people will look back at society's treatment of them and be thoroughly ashamed.

I work on building sites so expect to hear it day to day, I didn't really expect to see it on a Glastonbury festival, the festival of the alleged liberal minded. Ought to be ashamed of yourselves. 

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Oh, I thought the idea of saying it was all running fine with no closes up and down it was so we knew there was no issue.

100% need to approach Yellow/Orange 1st as otherwise Pink is hard to get not go into.