Brexit Schmexit

LJS

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that might still apply, but that was yesterday when there wasn't an agreed text.

Sounds like the agreement is BINO, anyway - but with financial regulation freed from EU oversight. How odd if that's the only get-out from being a member, eh?

She may not have the number on side

Edited by zahidf

Just now, zahidf said:
She may not have the number on side

although she might.

I reckon there's a fair few Labour MPs who'll vote for it - after all, a BINO is better than no deal in many respects and there's no certainty of anything better than no deal outside of may's deal), and many will feel uncomfortable voting against a brexit that 'the people' voted for. But I also think that Corbyn might whip Labour to abstain rather than vote against.

Bit hard to guess at without knowing what's in May's deal.

43 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

although she might.

I reckon there's a fair few Labour MPs who'll vote for it - after all, a BINO is better than no deal in many respects and there's no certainty of anything better than no deal outside of may's deal), and many will feel uncomfortable voting against a brexit that 'the people' voted for. But I also think that Corbyn might whip Labour to abstain rather than vote against.

Bit hard to guess at without knowing what's in May's deal.

The bravado from the Tory and dup may didsapate if May threatens a general election and the prospect of a general election becomes nearer. I think a deal reduces the chance of Corbyn becoming PM so there is no way he won't oppose it.

"David Lidington, the Deputy Prime Minister, has just conceded on national radio that our country will definitely be made poorer by Brexit - but that we’re going to do it anyway. Future historians will marvel at our collective madness".

Common sense from Owen Smith. Labour members must stand up against the likes of Corbyn who think making us poorer is a good idea.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

"David Lidington, the Deputy Prime Minister, has just conceded on national radio that our country will definitely be made poorer by Brexit - but that we’re going to do it anyway. Future historians will marvel at our collective madness".

Common sense from Owen Smith. Labour members must stand up against the likes of Corbyn who think making us poorer is a good idea.

Not true - he said he couldn't say hand on heart that Britain would be better off after Brexit.

Source