Brexit Schmexit

LJS

4 minutes ago, lost said:

Papers speculating May might have the numbers now. 30 labour mp’s could defy Corbyn and back the chequers deal.

not impossible I guess, tho with Rachel reeves just having written an article saying she wouldn't, I'm not sure that'll be right.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/10/theresa-may-dogs-dinner-brexit-plan-constituents-voted-leave

I feel sorry for Labour MPs over this issue, because there's no clearly-right way to vote as voting against May's plan could cause something worse.

It would help if Labour had a bit of leadership with a meaningful position. Without it those labour MPs will be voting blind.

Edited by eFestivals

7 hours ago, lost said:

Papers speculating May might have the numbers now. 30 labour mp’s could defy Corbyn and back the chequers deal.

All they need is a deal now!

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 1:35 PM, zahidf said:

Ridiculous. They should be locked up

On 10/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, eFestivals said:

morning Donald.

Well there are 2 possibilities, just like the paedophile investigation.

Not enough evidence to link those in power to wrongdoing.

Or

Not enough evidence to link those in power to wrongdoing.

Edited by feral chile

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Declaring the previous vote illegal can be (part of) the justification for a new vote.

I just think it would be seen as an establishment stitch up. The only people who are really upset about this are die hard remainers who would never switch. I think the only route to the vote is mps not agreeing a deal and running out of options.

10 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I just think it would be seen as an establishment stitch up. The only people who are really upset about this are die hard remainers who would never switch. I think the only route to the vote is mps not agreeing a deal and running out of options.

I'm not saying it should be given as the only reason, but justification will need to be given for a new vote, and this can be given as part of it.

What will be seen as an establishment stitch-up the most would be a new vote without good reasons given for why.

Thornberry on Marr yesterday saying now they will vote against any deal to try to force an election which confirms the 6 tests which none of them seemed to be able to remember were bullshit..

It does seem to be now or never for the moderates. Not sure if it will result in them trying to take the party back, vote in favour of Mays deal or do nothing it all.

1 hour ago, lost said:

Thornberry on Marr yesterday saying now they will vote against any deal to try to force an election which confirms the 6 tests which none of them seemed to be able to remember were bullshit..

It does seem to be now or never for the moderates. Not sure if it will result in them trying to take the party back, vote in favour of Mays deal or do nothing it all.

The general election strategy is completely flawed. There arent enough tory MPs that would agree to it, as torys MPs may lose their jobs. Its much easier to get Tory MPs to back a peoples vote.