is mosquito repellent needed ?

Pauladuncan70

I suffer if I get bitten by a mosquito, ie swollen bit big time and super super itchy - so wondering whether to pack the repel-ant and the anti histamine ?    Trying to pack as light as possible and OH saying we won't need it?  But I don't want to risk not bringing any if there are lots around?   Have any of you been bitten whilst there?   I can cope with just one, but if there have been times when there are lots around I would rather bring my repellent plus anti histamine tablets and cream .   Any experience as this is my first time to Glastonbury - SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Pretty damn sure it won't be my last time either 

I've never been bitten either, and I'm usually a bug magnet. Apologies if it's grandma sucking eggs, but there's a fair bit of evidence that taking antihistamines prophylactically reduces allergy symptoms, i.e. taking the tablets regularly before you've been bitten. If you're worried, for the sake of a small blister pack I'd take some tablets and take one every morning.