No Direction Home

SweepingTheNation

Just realised it's (a week and a half past) five years since EOTR's one and only attempt at a start of summer version of EOTR. As I recall from talk at the time they only sold about half the tickets, which were about £110 if memory serves for a festival headlined by the Low Anthem and Andrew Bird (and Richard Hawley, but he had cachet), and the setup was quite weird with a long road into the festival, the two full-time stages in the same area and most of the field overgrown, but it had charm (and a lake and campfires) in its pokiness, a proper scaled-down EOTR feel, and maybe in better circumstances they could have stuck at it. Plus it's about three hours closer to me than Larmer Tree, so there's that.

Here's the poster. Look how far down Father John Misty is:

ndh.jpg

I remember no direction home. Not very nice weather on arriving . it was a nice location . as said above weird stage set up. Enjoyed it for about a day and half then got terribly bored. Not much to see did not take long to walk ground there. Came away on the Sunday afternoon thinking this won't happen again. And if it does I would certainly not go again. It made me realize what makes eotr so special is the location. Eotr in another location I'm not sure I would return year after year. 

• 4 weeks later...